• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

An On-Campus Stadium, is never coming to USF

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,074
  • Days Won:  2

On 3/3/2021 at 3:01 PM, NewEnglandBull said:

Those should create a nice and juicy sweat ass stain...

Of course, you are assuming most of those seats would be occupied.  You are the ultimate optimist!

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,074
  • Days Won:  2

23 hours ago, John Lewis said:

And for those who remember my reply to your "pat on the back" post later in that thread, you were "EXACTLY" wrong about where the IPF would be located and when "shovels in ground" would begin.

There are a few people on here who knew last February at a private function with Coach Scott that the IPF location had changed.

Good one.  I sure hope he did not hurt himself reaching around to pat himself on the back. 

Edited by Mission9

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

2 hours ago, Jonesy Bull said:

We need great on campus facilities that the recruits will be wowed by and can be proud of.

Again......Playing in an NFL stadium that just held yet ANOTHER Super Bowl....AND, the BUCS won it......is a GREAT recruiting tool.....much better than any OCS our USF dollars can build at this time.....why can't anybody else see that!!

I imagine during recruiting they might hear a reference to...You know son playing in a pro stadium, in a town with an NFL team...might just get you noticed at practice on game day?? Never know Just saying.. Seems like it along with facilities would be pretty nice inducements to an aspiring athlete. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

6 minutes ago, Mission9 said:

Good one.  I sure hope he did not hurt himself reaching around to pat himself on the back. 

or hurt himself pulling his foot out of his azz

Guest Jonesy Bull
2 hours ago, DJBulls said:

I think a few posters understand this...Ray Jay will be torn down and a shiny new stadium will be built...because of this, I find it highly unlikely we build an OCS...by the way...it will be a shiny new professional venue...so terrible, I know...

I will admit, the NFL stadium is a little further from Campus than is ideal.....BUT it is a very nice NFL Super Bowl caliber stadium that is not that hard to get to.  With a beautiful on campus practice facility and other amenities that they plan to build coupled with the selling of a very nice NFL stadium........there is absolutely no reason our Recruiting can't be top notch IF the right people are in charge.

Guest Jonesy Bull
42 minutes ago, BulledOver said:

I imagine during recruiting they might hear a reference to...You know son playing in a pro stadium, in a town with an NFL team...might just get you noticed at practice on game day?? Never know Just saying.. Seems like it along with facilities would be pretty nice inducements to an aspiring athlete. 

I don't see why not.

Don't get me wrong, I understand and appreciate the benefits of an OCS and the excitement it could build on Campus.

But what we have right now going for us is apparently a superior (not just nice) IPF and upgrade in the Lee Roy Selmon Center.  That will be a great center piece on Campus.....and by the way, play in a Super Bowl caliber NFL stadium on game days........I'd sign on the dotted line if I was a young football stud - which of course I'm not, but just sayin.

Edited by Jonesy Bull

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

On 3/2/2021 at 9:35 PM, puc86 said:

But their reason was the citrus bowl falling apart, them being the primary renter and the city not wanting to make any kind of concessions or effort on their contract because they felt they had no options, they didn’t build that piece of **** because they actually wanted to they felt their hand was forced.

This is completely wrong.  The Citrus Bowl was being renovated, and they were irked that they would have to find somewhere else to play for one season.  The city was working with them, they decided to walk away from a renovated stadium because their feelings were hurt.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

11 minutes ago, Who'sYourData? said:

This is completely wrong.  The Citrus Bowl was being renovated, and they were irked that they would have to find somewhere else to play for one season.  The city was working with them, they decided to walk away from a renovated stadium because their feelings were hurt.

Edited by puc86

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,509
  • Days Won:  422

39 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I'm not sure a one sided column written by a UCF shill 10 years after the fact is anything definitive but if it is totally true, seems you both have some things correct.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

Just now, Triple B said:

I'm not sure a one sided column written by a UCF shill 10 years after the fact is anything definitive but if it is totally true, seems you both have some things correct.

I have one from 2011 if you would like as well and I’m sure I can find more but they all basically say the same thing that UCF didn’t have some master plan to build a stadium they just found themselves in a bad situation and were told they were worth zero dollars to the stadium.