• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

An On-Campus Stadium, is never coming to USF

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  483
  • Days Won:  1

On 3/6/2021 at 8:20 PM, Who'sYourData? said:

I worked with UCF boosters on a daily basis.  You are wrong.  Way wrong.  Move on.

Do you still work at Taco Bell or have you moved on?

• Haha 2

• Topic Count:  9,895
  • Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

On 3/2/2021 at 12:18 PM, MikePhillips said:

For those who might remember, my post on Feb 8th that called EXACTLY what happened in regards to the Indoor Practice Facility-

The same source confirmed to me that USF will NEVER have an on-campus Football Stadium.

Why?

State Subsidies is what he said

State Subsidies, which are given based on how old your university is, is why USF won't ever have an on-campus stadium. We don't get nearly enough of State Subsidies to pay for the on campus stadium.

Also, with the Super Bowl being hosted in Tampa just recently, the USF logic is "Why would we build our own stadium, when the Superbowl was just hosted in the same stadium USF plays at.... how many college football programs can say they play their home games, in the same place that just hosted the Superbowl?"

He confirmed (just like he confirmed the time and location with the IPF) that it's absolutely never going to happen for USF.

usf doesnt need it at this time

never is a long time

if scott turns usf into a winner and we get a chance at big conference than a stadium will be built

• Topic Count:  9,895
  • Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

4 hours ago, Rizman said:

I agree, just one of several hundred. I do not think these are the reasons just spinning things up.   The big reason is we still have that commuter school type feel which impacts that amount of Alumni who support USF and go back to watch athletics.  That translates into $$$$.   I just ran into a Professor who got his PhD from Cal and undergraduate from USF but he supports the Gators and sends money to that program. 

that makes zero sense

he should support bama at least they rack up championships

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

6 hours ago, mj796 said:

Do you still work at Taco Bell or have you moved on?

I am a USF grad.   I only work with the upper echelon UCF grads.

On 3/6/2021 at 8:25 PM, puc86 said:

Congratulations you must be very proud, I do not work with any UCF anyone but I fail to see how that changes the things their President and AD said about why they decided to move when they did.

LOL

Comprehension is needed also.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

Just now, Who'sYourData? said:

LOL

Comprehension is needed also.

What part am I missing? Since they went with the idea all of the decision makers have said they didn’t have a plan for this and did so because they felt forced. Some time after UCF fans deemed the move as successful they rebranded it as a conscious decision that was a driving force for success. You work with Alumni and now they all share the same UCF revisionist history and you accept it as fact ignoring the historical inaccuracies documented by the people that made the decisions. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,508
  • Days Won:  422

4 minutes ago, Who'sYourData? said:

I am a USF grad.   I only work with the upper echelon UCF grads.

So the Taco Bell question was a valid one ...... and would of course mean you worked with them while you were still going to school.

2 minutes ago, Triple B said:

So the Taco Bell question was a valid one ...... and would of course mean you worked with them while you were still going to school.

There are some intelligent ones that went to a satellite campus.

15 minutes ago, puc86 said:

What part am I missing? Since they went with the idea all of the decision makers have said they didn’t have a plan for this and did so because they felt forced. Some time after UCF fans deemed the move as successful they rebranded it as a conscious decision that was a driving force for success. You work with Alumni and now they all share the same UCF revisionist history and you accept it as fact ignoring the historical inaccuracies documented by the people that made the decisions. 

You keep living in the land of delusion, because you know all.  Even when you have no clue what you are talking about.  We are done, enjoy your evening.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

9 minutes ago, Who'sYourData? said:

You keep living in the land of delusion, because you know all.  Even when you have no clue what you are talking about.  We are done, enjoy your evening.

You haven’t presented anything outside of it’s wrong and you know better because you know boosters, how do expect anyone to change their mind when they are presenting actual quotes from the decision makers that remained consistent at the time of building and up to a decade later? If the decision makers were the actual geniuses that had a plan to create an OCS so that an erector set could catapult them to their   Championship beliefs I think that they would take credit for that but since they say they only begrudgingly decided on that path I tend to believe them. If there is anything tangible you would like to present I would obviously consider it, although reluctantly if it presents UCF in good light, but that wouldn’t discount why I have held this belief with information that I have. I presented a very valid and lucid argument, which you may have one as well but so far what you have given would be the delusional path to accept.