• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

An On-Campus Stadium, is never coming to USF

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 hour ago, Dave_Glaser said:

You can't ask faculty if they think millions should be spent to build a football palace and not expect this answer. If you found a faculty member who said "Yes!" they'd be instantly ostracized. There are always going to be funding challenges on the academic side that need to be addressed. If your goal was to completely fund everything every academic program on campus would ever need, then you should just shutter your athletic program altogether. It's a silly question to ask that constituency. You got that same answer 26 years ago when we launched the football program. They never consider the spillover the university receives in other areas - enrollment, fundraising, etc. - when you have a successful and visible athletic program.

Well said Dave 🤘

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

35 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

How about when they announce you pledge a minimum of $100/month for 10 years.  

I would be all over that…even with a kid in college 

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

I do that but would want my seats reserved for life after 10 years...

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1
  • Days Won:  0

Then get used to the fact that the game day experience will always be sub-par and fan support will continue to become nonexistent. Enjoy the shitshow until the program circles the toilet and is jettisoned into the septic tank for good. 

• ???? 1

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,073
  • Days Won:  14

1 hour ago, MikePhillips said:

I'm not trying to save face... this is DIRECT information from inside Athletics

After the Bucs Superbowl, and prior to UCF being moved up, the tone across the university was "Why do we need an OCS? They just played the superbowl in the same stadium as USF plays their home games"

Then UCF gets moved up and we got embarassed and humiliated. That changed the tone

Also, I was right about the IPF and it's location, and when it was going to break ground.... so my sources are legit

I'm not trying to save face, I've never met a single person from this forum. I'm just a USF alumini, who was there in 1996 living in Fontana Hall, when they were getting this whole program off the ground. I played intramural softball with Bill Gramatica, Sean Hay, and Jason Butler. I lived with Leon Matthews on the 10th floor of Fontana, off the OG team.

I have a VERY, VERY good friend inside of USF Athletics. I have a ball used in the first ever USF football game, given to me by Ryan Benjamin. It's sitting right next to my program from the first game, along with my stubs from the first game.

Both autographed by Jim Leavitt

I could care less what my "face" looks like to any of you. I'm trying to share good quality information with my fellow USF fans.

field.jpeg

Thanks for posting.  I watched the video and enjoyed it.  Wow.  I miss coach Leavitt.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,509
  • Days Won:  422

Also, I was right about the IPF and it's location, and when it was going to break ground.... so my sources are legit

No, you weren't ..... I think you, or your source, may have gotten some things confused:

On 2/8/2021 at 10:46 AM, MikePhillips said:

I don't want to sound "more important" than anyone.

I have a VERY dear friend of mine, who I've known for 10+ years, who works inside of USF Athletics

He has said, that part of Jeff Scott's demands to come here, was to have an indoor practice facility built

He said that the estimated cost was about 20 million, and they have 90% of that money secured

Shovels in the dirt, around or just after spring break. He said the location will be behind the athletics building (see attached)

I don't want to give this person's name out, but I 1000000000000000000% would gamble my house on his word alone. This gentleman is not a BS'r by any stretch of the imagination

The money is there, the location is there, the demands from the new head coach are there, he said shovels in the dirt, around March Spring Break

Location.png

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

After the Bucs Superbowl, and prior to UCF being moved up, the tone across the university was "Why do we need an OCS? They just played the superbowl in the same stadium as USF plays their home games"

Then UCF gets moved up and we got embarassed and humiliated. That changed the tone

First let me say I don’t know this to be true or not but let’s assume it is.  if the leadership within the University and Athletics was okay not having an OCS when the Bucs won the Super Bowl but then felt embarrassed and humiliated weeks later when UCF moved up then our leadership is absolutely clueless and incompetent.  Anyone with a half a brain can see that UCF has completely passed us by in any athletic metric that you want to look at.  Facilities, funding, donor level, OCS, BCS bowl appearances, conference championships, etc.  If it took them getting chosen over us for a light bulb to go off within Athletics, to spur on this call to action then shame on us.  This embarrassment and humiliation did not occur over the span of a few weeks, this was years in the making and if the leadership did not see this coming then maybe we’re getting what we deserve.  

Maybe the right people are finally in place and Hopefully it’s not too late to right this sinking ship, but the lack of a forward looking vision in this athletic department is astounding.

• Upvote 2

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,509
  • Days Won:  422

3 minutes ago, El_Toro_86 said:

First let me say I don’t know this to be true or not but let’s assume it is.  if the leadership within the University and Athletics was okay not having an OCS when the Bucs won the Super Bowl but then felt embarrassed and humiliated weeks later when UCF moved up then our leadership is absolutely clueless and incompetent.  Anyone with a half a brain can see that UCF has completely passed us by in any athletic metric that you want to look at.  Facilities, funding, donor level, OCS, BCS bowl appearances, conference championships, etc.  If it took them getting chosen over us for a light bulb to go off within Athletics, to spur on this call to action then shame on us.  This embarrassment and humiliation did not occur over the span of a few weeks, this was years in the making and if the leadership did not see this coming then maybe we’re getting what we deserve.  

Maybe the right people are finally in place and Hopefully it’s not too late to right this sinking ship, but the lack of a forward looking vision in this athletic department is astounding.

To take that a step further, IF that is true, thinking just an ocs is a cureall is even more malfeasance. You need to give CJS, or whoever, all the tools they need to get the on the field woes straightened out and that begins with the IPF and continues with the Phase 2 part, the football center. If you want to tie it to an ocs, fine, just don't let that derail or push it a lot further out.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  2,883
  • Days Won:  33

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

No, you weren't ..... I think you, or your source, may have gotten some things confused:

Thanks for finding that. I was about to go on a scavenger hunt for that.

Guess Mike's house is up for sale.