• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Rut-Row Here Comes Slick Willie!!!! He’s Getting Warmer!!!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

Just now, Gismo said:

I know if Taggart had this same team that between with Ford, Cronkite, Wilcox, StFelix and McCloud we’d have more than 4 wins! 

I agree, but that’s a pretty low bar to set 

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

4 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Because his overall record was abysmal and he holds the record for having the worst season in UsF history and being the only one to lose to a KB level team. He has no wins of note and although he had a single good season there didn’t appear to be a plan in place after Q but I’m sure it will look a lot more like his only good year of coaching than every other year he has had in a decade, because feelings.

CJL never had a 10 win season and lost his first bowl appearance and 2 of first 3.  You have no idea if he had a plan after Q, because we never got there.  I'm not politicking for CWT and I'd be excited to see CJL return, but let's stop to CWT sucked mantra because he jilted you

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

2 minutes ago, zarnozdabull said:

The GCO with Evans under center could be deadly. 👀

I think CWT would’ve done better with this team than CCS did. I think Rygol would work for him too. He actually coached players up

• Topic Count:  53
  • Content Count:  818
  • Days Won:  2

22 minutes ago, goingbackbull said:

I'm not happy if it is Willie, but I was wrong when I was happy CJL was fired. I was wrong when I thought Skippy was a great hire, I was only partially right being happy with Willie and I was 100% wrong on thinking Strong was the answer.   So with my horrible judgement Willie will probably kill it in round 2. 

I think we're twins. I feel the same way.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

2 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

CJL never had a 10 win season and lost his first bowl appearance and 2 of first 3.  You have no idea if he had a plan after Q, because we never got there.  I'm not politicking for CWT and I'd be excited to see CJL return, but let's stop to CWT sucked mantra because he jilted you

spacer.png

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,577
  • Days Won:  423

1 minute ago, chapelbull said:

I'm not politicking for CWT and I'd be excited to see CJL return, but let's stop to CWT sucked mantra because he jilted you

I've gotta stick up for puc here. His suck mantra isn't because CWT jilted us, it's because he's not CJL ...

Just now, chapelbull said:

I think I’m pretty consistent and it has nothing to do with leaving, if you coach at a low level for a decade you probably aren’t awesome and if you have a losing record after a decade you probably aren’t awesome. I was happy with the end of CWTs time here and wouldn’t have wanted him to leave but he is hardly the guaranteed success people are pretending he is, ultimately he has a lot of red flags that I wouldn’t ignore because of one good year.

1 minute ago, Triple B said:

I've gotta stick up for puc here. His suck mantra isn't because CWT jilted us, it's because he's not CJL ...

This is fairly accurate but only because the next best coaching record after CJL is CCS, the guy we just fired. I am anxiously awaiting the better we were promised when CJL was railroaded for plateauing.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

As far as USF goes Willie had 2 good years. Before his team went 11 and 2 they went 8 and 5. For USF and us 8 and 5 is a good year. 

• Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,343
  • Days Won:  0

Just now, puc86 said:

This is fairly accurate but only because the next best coaching record after CJL is CCS, the guy we just fired. I am anxiously awaiting the better we were promised when CJL was railroaded for plateauing.

Strong doesnt deserve that first season, so remove that from his record.