• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Rut-Row Here Comes Slick Willie!!!! He’s Getting Warmer!!!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,527
  • Days Won:  28

If he does come back, I hope he brings KB and BJM back. While I dont feel KB deserved a head coach spot, I think his offense works well with Rodemaker or Jordan Smith.  

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

Just now, USFBULL_08 said:

Strong doesnt deserve that first season, so remove that from his record.

Even if I do that all it does is bring every singe other coach below .500, making it all the more remarkable what CJL accomplished.

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

3 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I think I’m pretty consistent and it has nothing to do with leaving, if you coach at a low level for a decade you probably aren’t awesome and if you have a losing record after a decade you probably aren’t awesome. I was happy with the end of CWTs time here and wouldn’t have wanted him to leave but he is hardly the guaranteed success people are pretending he is, ultimately he has a lot of red flags that I wouldn’t ignore because of one good year.

He had more than one good year.  That's point number 1 and there would be at least as many red flags with CJL coming back.  The only place CWT "failed" was FSU and 1) could be an incomplete as pointed out by Georgia, or 2) could be above his level.  I don't think the aac is above his level of potential success again.

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Just now, Gatorbull325 said:

If he does come back, I hope he brings KB and BJM back. While I dont feel KB deserved a head coach spot, I think his offense works well with Rodemaker or Jordan Smith.  

Zero chance KB stays... I'm not against BJM though

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,575
  • Days Won:  423

2 minutes ago, puc86 said:

This is fairly accurate but only because the next best coaching record after CJL is CCS, the guy we just fired. I am anxiously awaiting the better we were promised when CJL was railroaded for plateauing.

I think someone has already pointed out to you that using just raw numbers does not always tell the whole story ....

1 minute ago, Gatorbull325 said:

It’s almost impossible for an offense to do worse than KBs first season so I’m not exactly sure why that he can do better than the worst is a reason to bring him back

• Haha 1

Just now, Triple B said:

I think someone has already pointed out to you that using just raw numbers does not always tell the whole story ....

Raw numbers is the best way to measure long term success, people only don’t like the story data tells so they make up nuances.

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,527
  • Days Won:  28

Just now, Skingraft said:

Zero chance KB stays... I'm not against BJM though

I think they can combine offenses. I feel Kendal Briles was overated and Taggart works better with "older" coaches. His last 2 coordinators were young and he had no success.

• Topic Count:  179
  • Content Count:  3,647
  • Days Won:  4

12 minutes ago, Gismo said:

I know that if Taggart had this same team between Ford, Cronkite, Wilcox, StFelix and McCloud we’d have more than 4 wins! And more than 7 points against The Mickey Mouse club!

If CWT was here Evans would have been the QB instead of a McCloud and yes you would probably would have had at least 2 more wins.

CCS was just baffling.

3 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

He had more than one good year.  That's point number 1 and there would be at least as many red flags with CJL coming back.  The only place CWT "failed" was FSU and 1) could be an incomplete as pointed out by Georgia, or 2) could be above his level.  I don't think the aac is above his level of potential success again.

CJL has a winning record and has been the winningest coach at every place he has been, before you point out that was only one place that’s more than CWT can count despite having several opportunities. His one place he has a winning record is Oregon and that was for a single season and just barely a winning record.