• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Rut-Row Here Comes Slick Willie!!!! He’s Getting Warmer!!!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,342
  • Days Won:  43

3 minutes ago, Rizman said:

Like other coaches at certain programs (CCS Louisville) he had a gifted QB that had a unique skill set and was able to use that skill set to win.  

What I will always give credit to is that CWT was willing to chance his coaching styles. He was just about to get fired until he made coaching changes to his staff. He brought in Tom Allen from Ole Miss to give our defense an identity that worked with our talent. The defense became known as the Bull Shark defense ( Land Shark defense style from Ole Miss). On offense he realized that we had to change the offense to feature our speed with Rodney Adams, QF, Marlon Mack. Calling it  the Gulf Coast Offense. That is where I think USF needs to go back to whoever becomes next coach 

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

Just now, GaUSFBull said:

When he gets a broken team fixed up and settles down with them for the long haul, he'll win bowl games.  When you take on rebuild jobs you generally tend to have some bad records and non-bowl appearances built in.  People who are willing to consider facts beyond paper understand this.

I'm with you. I just think it's a dumb way to judge a coach on how many bowl wins he has. Honestly it's dumb to look at his record in a vacuum as well.

Charlie weis has a bowl win. Maybe we should hire him.LOL

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

8 hours ago, Triple B said:

Your being disingenuous with your comparison of CCS post Louisville and CWT post USF ....

I’m being as ingenious as I am capable 

8 hours ago, Triple B said:

So maybe we should hire back the coach we just let go who is 74-53 ....?

No we should hire someone with a considerably worse record and expect better results, obviously. I mean the guy did it for one season so it’s pretty clear it will be like that one year and not the super majority of years where he didn’t even get close to that number.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

7 hours ago, IBulleve said:

This is a PR play by Sexton. I’m not saying USF hasn’t touched base, of course they have. But these “leaks” and the way Taggart has shown interest from the moment CCS was fired is a total PR stunt to get CWT back in the mix nationally 

Agree, it has his name out there for sure.  Sexton will definitely play that game

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

I won’t mind Taggart back...but I caution. It took **** Tomey and a high school coach to save his ass here. They got him to trust his assistants and let them coach. 

He ignored all that at FSU.

9 hours ago, USFBULL_08 said:

Not so much.

If you give every coach credit for the new coaches first season this is how the win loss record works out.

Jimbo 83-49

Skip 10-26

Tags 33-17

Chuck 11-14

It seems like a rather arbitrary way to look at the records and with the only purpose of taking away CWT's worst year and replace it with a very good year. What if we took every coach and fired them after two failing years CJL unchanged, CSH unchanged, CWT 6-18, CCS unchanged. Do you honestly believe trying to turn USF into Stanford had no baring on CWT's early failures here? If not why did he change? If yes than why remove all of his early failure?

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

11 minutes ago, Joe said:

I won’t mind Taggart back...but I caution. It took **** Tomey and a high school coach to save his ass here. They got him to trust his assistants and let them coach. 

He ignored all that at FSU.

Taggart called the offensive plays here. he was open minded enough to completely change his offense. yes he did go to other successful coaches including Baylor to help develop that offense. Those are signs of a good coach.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

1 minute ago, Bull94 said:

Taggart called the offensive plays here. he was open minded enough to completely change his offense. yes he did go to other successful coaches including Baylor to help develop that offense. Those are signs of a good coach.

Or at least a humble coach who knew he needed more training. He put in the work while with us both in the film room and recruiting trails. 

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  1,486
  • Days Won:  0

2 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

He knows what works here and what type of athletes he needs and probably still has the offensive playbook laying around.