• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Rut-Row Here Comes Slick Willie!!!! He’s Getting Warmer!!!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

13 minutes ago, Triple B said:

I've gotta stick up for puc here. His suck mantra isn't because CWT jilted us, it's because he's not CJL ...

Good point .... kind of had that in the back of my mind while posting the other.  I personally think CWT would have had similar to CJL success if not better (a conference championship thanks to the crap that is the aac) if he hung around instead of chasing the pay day, but I won't hold it against him if MK thinks he's the way to go.  

Won't hold it against @puc86 for hating him and any other nonCJL hire either.  It's hard getting over your first ...... 

Edited by chapelbull

2 minutes ago, puc86 said:

CJL has a winning record and has been the winningest coach at every place he has been, before you point out that was only one place that’s more than CWT can count despite having several opportunities. His one place he has a winning record is Oregon and that was for a single season and just barely a winning record.

CWT didn't stick around here 10 years ... he got offered a boat load of money to move on up to the West Coast (sung to the Jefferson's theme) .... 

• Like 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  127
  • Content Count:  2,118
  • Days Won:  1

The most comical thing to me is the number of people screaming for CWT to be fired. In fact the same way they screamed for CSH and CSS to be fired. And now those same people want him back. 
I said to keep him because I believed in his plan. And now I say don’t take him back. If they ultimately decide he is the guy I will support him 100% but he didn’t want to be here. I love the high scoring games and winning. I just don’t believe he is the only coach who can get us there. I want to move forward 

• Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,343
  • Days Won:  0

10 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Even if I do that all it does is bring every singe other coach below .500, making it all the more remarkable what CJL accomplished.

Not so much.

If you give every coach credit for the new coaches first season this is how the win loss record works out.

Jimbo 83-49

Skip 10-26

Tags 33-17

Chuck 11-14

Edited by USFBULL_08

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

1 minute ago, chapelbull said:

Good point .... kind of had that in the back of my mind while posting the other.  I personally think CWT would have had similar to CJL success if not better (a conference championship thanks to the crap that is the aac) if he hung around instead of chasing the pay day, but I won't hold it against him if MK thinks he's the way to go.  

Won't hold it against @puc86 for hating him and any other nonCJL hire either.  It's hard getting over your first ...... 

There are countless options I would find less appealing than CWT but I just can’t pretend he is the guaranteed success people are pretending he would be. His situation almost perfectly mimics CCS and people dismiss all the problematic things that come with him while pointing out the same issues in other coaches.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,545
  • Days Won:  423

5 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Raw numbers is the best way to measure long term success, people only don’t like the story data tells so they make up nuances.

We were talking about comparing the records of CCS and CWT's time here, neither being long term, so you need to try another tact ...

Just now, puc86 said:

There are countless options I would find less appealing than CWT but I just can’t pretend he is the guaranteed success people are pretending he would be. His situation almost perfectly mimics CCS and people dismiss all the problematic things that come with him while pointing out the same issues in other coaches.

Nobody is a guaranteed, but I don't see his situation mimicking ccs unless you think all the $$$$$ have made him less motivated to succeed.

Just now, Triple B said:

We were talking about comparing the records of CCS and CWT's time here, neither being long term, so you need to try another tact ...

Gotcha I like to compare the body of work 

3 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

His only ever been the HC here so I guess you are technically correct, but feel like you were also referring to his assistant stints which is winning percentage is less accurate and the statement isn't even true then.

The next sentence I explained this 

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  237
  • Days Won:  0

8 minutes ago, puc86 said:

CJL has a winning record and has been the winningest coach at every place he has been, before you point out that was only one place that’s more than CWT can count despite having several opportunities. His one place he has a winning record is Oregon and that was for a single season and just barely a winning record.

Willie Taggart’s Head Coach Record:

10 years as a HC

Record: 118 games 56 wins – 62 loses

Western Kentucky 16 wins – 20 Lose

USF 24 wins – 25 lose

Oregon 7 wins -5 lose

FSU 9 wins – 12 lose

I don’t see why so many are excited about hiring a coach that is 56 – 62 and no Bowl wins.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, chapelbull said:

Nobody is a guaranteed, but I don't see his situation mimicking ccs unless you think all the $$$$$ have made him less motivated to succeed.

CCS had success at Louisville with Bridgewater, left for Texas, lost big, got fired, received a huge buyout, came here. CWT has success at USF with Flowers, left here, lost big, got fired, got a huge buyout.... it’s the exact same movie and we saw it before and it ends badly.

• Upvote 4