• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Rut-Row Here Comes Slick Willie!!!! He’s Getting Warmer!!!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

21 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

Um, you know that BJM is the current INTERIM coach while we wait on a new coach right? He hasn't been fired yet. Plus I think CCS is set to retire or become an analyst somewhere. I dont see him becoming a Head Coach again. This season he looked emotionally worn out. 

I can definitely see strong in a booth calling a game......his pressers and interviews always came across well thought out and coherently spoken.

13 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

Cincinatti - 20-17

GT - 14-10

Temple - 17-7 

So yes, our Defense held these teams to 20 or less points. All we needed was 15-21 points scored by our offense and we would have won and made a bowl game. 

GTech offense was worse than ours. averaged 16 ppg

• Content Count:  831
  • Days Won:  0

Jesus isn't going to come in and fix this offense with the o-line issues we have.

28 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

Defense was ranked in the 100a last year. This year we were in 50th place for TOTAL defense for most of the year. And that was with a putrid offense. 3 or our losses were by 20 or less points. So they did their part this year and were getting better. The defense was trending up to me. Why break apart the only part of the team that was actually improving?

too bad total yards given up don't win games.

the only way they improved was to bring in graduate transfers. and they gave up 3 less points per game this year.

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,215
  • Days Won:  1

24 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

Um, you know that BJM is the current INTERIM coach while we wait on a new coach right? He hasn't been fired yet. Plus I think CCS is set to retire or become an analyst somewhere. I dont see him becoming a Head Coach again. This season he looked emotionally worn out. 

Interim coach right now means nothing. When the new HC comes in, he will determine who stays, and who doesn’t. Willie has no ties to BJM (outside of their mutual friendship of CCS) but I guess there’s a small chance. I think there’s a higher likelihood BJM actually goes to McNeese with SG. 

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

34 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

Defense was ranked in the 100a last year. This year we were in 50th place for TOTAL defense for most of the year. And that was with a putrid offense. 3 or our losses were by 20 or less points. So they did their part this year and were getting better. The defense was trending up to me. Why break apart the only part of the team that was actually improving?

32 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

Neither coordinator is sticking around nor should they.  IF they do we are in big trouble

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,680
  • Days Won:  8

23 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

Cincinatti - 20-17

GT - 14-10

Temple - 17-7 

So yes, our Defense held these teams to 20 or less points. All we needed was 15-21 points scored by our offense and we would have won and made a bowl game. 

Ah, I misunderstood your other post, makes sense now. Yeah the defense was average in my opinion, and I think the defensive stats would be better if the offense could have scored.

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,518
  • Days Won:  28

16 minutes ago, Gismo said:

Ah, I misunderstood your other post, makes sense now. Yeah the defense was average in my opinion, and I think the defensive stats would be better if the offense could have scored.

And I am not saying that the defense was good, but they were getting better and was improved from the year before. 

8 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

And I am not saying that the defense was good, but they were getting better and was improved from the year before. 

so they were almost mediocre in his third year here

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,008
  • Days Won:  38

The defense seemed to be going in the right direction but the offense was hopeless.