• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Taggart fired

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

1 hour ago, Gatorbull325 said:

He has the record as Scott Frost and Chip Kelly. I guess they suck too

❓

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,117

1 hour ago, brybull1970 said:

Willie Taggart  = Raheem Morris

Young up and coming coach who can connect with players, enjoyed some success early, creating a heap of praise that never was really justified with results.

This is how I see it too.

He is a great recruiter that masked his lack of coaching ability once he got to a level where there was immense talent and depth on both sides of the ball.

Maybe as his career progress his coaching would have caught up to his recruiting but it was not there yet.

Anyway he got paid.

2 hours ago, Friscobull said:

Not defending CWT but his team did beat SC in the Birmingham bowl, he did bolt a couple of weeks earlier but that was his team.  I remember chanting Charlie with the crowd when he showed up on the sideline for a cameo, I wish I knew than what I know now, I blame it on the booze, great game though.

Ha!!  That was CCS first USF win he barely had to do anything...I think Q was coaching that game

1 minute ago, MMW said:

This is how I see it too.

He is a great recruiter that masked his lack of coaching ability once he got to a level where there was immense talent and depth on both sides of the ball.

Maybe as his career progress his coaching would have caught up to his recruiting but it was not there yet.

Anyway he got paid.

Ha! I like these comments. CWT owes his Gulf Coast O to QF and the gang otherwise we would have continued with the Harbaugh dive right dive left

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,693
  • Days Won:  108

Kinnan was brought in but many people forget that **** Tomey was brought in earlier in 2015.  Just MHO but believe he may have been the smartest guy in the room that year.  Just so happened that was the year Tags turned things around.

• Topic Count:  1,034
  • Content Count:  7,513
  • Days Won:  10

"Peter" Principle... "Willie" Principle.  Same thing in more than one way.

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,546
  • Days Won:  28

25 minutes ago, BulledOver said:

❓

Chip Kelly and Scott Frost has the same or worse 2 year record than Taggart. They should be fired too. 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

24 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

Chip Kelly and Scott Frost has the same or worse 2 year record than Taggart. They should be fired too. 

Humm....maybe there is another element that contributed to his firing after only two years....

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,613
  • Content Count:  74,615
  • Days Won:  424

4 hours ago, MMW said:

But there is something to be said for actually winning things.  

So he has never coached a team that won a championship at any level nor coached a team that has won a bowl game (his teams lost those bowl games). 

CJL never won a championship but he won MANY big games against teams we seemed outgunned against and bowl games (4 total if you count the Clemson bowl). 

CWT has only coached in one bowl game, right? People keep throwing that out there like it's some string of losses ....

.... and if you're going to put some kind of value on bowl games, have to point out that CJL never beat a BCS team in a bowl. And what does Jim have to do with the Clemson bowl?

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,253
  • Days Won:  255

15 minutes ago, Triple B said:

CWT has only coached in one bowl game, right? People keep throwing that out there like it's some string of losses ....

.... and if you're going to put some kind of value on bowl games, have to point out that CJL never beat a BCS team in a bowl. And what does Jim have to do with the Clemson bowl?

If you have coached 10 years and you have only coached in one bowl game that you lost that’s pretty close to as bad and string of losses as you can get. It’s not that he just lost them he usually didn’t get to them.