• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Taggart fired

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,117
  • Days Won:  6

2 hours ago, USFBulls727 said:

Willie bolted WKU, USF, and Oregon before the bowl games that he got them to. I really don't see it as that big a deal that he didn't stick around to maybe win any of those. Plus, how many people on this board have called these bowl games meaningless anyway? I seem to recall them saying that about UCF beating Auburn. Skip and Charlie have won championships elsewhere, but nobody has won one here. Taggart has exactly as many championships as CJL as a Head Coach.

But there is something to be said for actually winning things.  

So he has never coached a team that won a championship at any level nor coached a team that has won a bowl game (his teams lost those bowl games). 

CJL never won a championship but he won MANY big games against teams we seemed outgunned against and bowl games (4 total if you count the Clemson bowl). 

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

I remember when WT was heralded as one of the top young coaches in the Country he was on a meteoric rise...hot commodity in high school and college. And as much as I was glad to see him "come home" to coach USF I don't like to see a coach do what he's done during his "rise". 2010 WKU, 2012 USF, 2017 Oregon, 2018 FSU..I believe Willies ego far exceeds his coaching ability and poss his loyalty to his recruits/players/schools. Yes Willies a nice guy. But, 4 diff colleges in 8 years???  C'mon he just isn't that good. I was ticked when he left USF but I really thought he was a jerk when he screwed Oregon over. Sure college football is sadly all about money and get it while you can..

Willie never finished a job. He won a few snagged a bowl then ran off..No championships..My Mother would've said he's Half Ass

I guess the media had it right when they compared him to a meteor...its a ***** when a meteor falls out of relevance and has to crash land back down to earth. yep, he's rich alright....good for him. Be interesting to see if he rises again somewhere with his resume.. 

It was interesting at the beginning of the season listening to the FSU football radio show. A local heavy hitter booster intimated that the losing wasn't going to be tolerated for long..he then reiterated that feeling and discontent prior to their homecoming game..Hmmmm??

See ya Willie

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,881
  • Days Won:  67

38 minutes ago, MMW said:

But there is something to be said for actually winning things.  

So he has never coached a team that won a championship at any level nor coached a team that has won a bowl game (his teams lost those bowl games). 

Not defending CWT but his team did beat SC in the Birmingham bowl, he did bolt a couple of weeks earlier but that was his team.  I remember chanting Charlie with the crowd when he showed up on the sideline for a cameo, I wish I knew than what I know now, I blame it on the booze, great game though.

• Topic Count:  179
  • Content Count:  3,647
  • Days Won:  4

If Stoops and Leavitt get back together after all these years....that would be kind of ironic. 

Some rumors....

https://www.wtxl.com/news/local-news/sources-fsu-nearing-deal-with-bob-stoops-to-become-next-head-football-coach

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,258
  • Days Won:  255

3 hours ago, USFBulls727 said:

Willie bolted WKU, USF, and Oregon before the bowl games that he got them to. I really don't see it as that big a deal that he didn't stick around to maybe win any of those. Plus, how many people on this board have called these bowl games meaningless anyway? I seem to recall them saying that about UCF beating Auburn. Skip and Charlie have won championships elsewhere, but nobody has won one here. Taggart has exactly as many championships as CJL as a Head Coach.

CJL has never even lost an AAC game much less lost the conference, only one other USF football coach can say the same and they also happen to have the best record. If CJL has stayed with us and we had still had the same fall from grace his continuity and ability would have ran rickshaw thru this conference. CJL was alway punching up and still managed to do better in every single measurable than all of those that came after him even with them having the luxury of always punching down. UCF has dominated the AAC for CJL’s sake and the thought of losing to them when CJL was at the helm was unfathomable.

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

20 hours ago, Jonesy Bull said:

We got pretty much dominated on both sides of the line of scrimmage as that game moved along, and they had the great Dalvin Cook.  I highly doubt any other coaching would have been able to help us in that game.

Q only ran like 4 times in the first half if I recall... we either scored fast, or, had a lot of 3 and outs, giving the ball back to Cook... We could have used Q's legs to get first downs and slow them down, which would have also opened up the running game for our RBs... basically CWT took Q out of the game from a running standpoint... NOW... I'll concede that maybe it was brilliant coaching. Maybe he went in with a plan to not let Q run and risk injury since the real prize was a conference championship, but, it was bad for that game.

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,550
  • Days Won:  28

1 hour ago, BulledOver said:

I remember when WT was heralded as one of the top young coaches in the Country he was on a meteoric rise...hot commodity in high school and college. And as much as I was glad to see him "come home" to coach USF I don't like to see a coach do what he's done during his "rise". 2010 WKU, 2012 USF, 2017 Oregon, 2018 FSU..I believe Willies ego far exceeds his coaching ability and poss his loyalty to his recruits/players/schools. Yes Willies a nice guy. But, 4 diff colleges in 8 years???  C'mon he just isn't that good. I was ticked when he left USF but I really thought he was a jerk when he screwed Oregon over. Sure college football is sadly all about money and get it while you can..

Willie never finished a job. He won a few snagged a bowl then ran off..No championships..My Mother would've said he's Half Ass

I guess the media had it right when they compared him to a meteor...its a ***** when a meteor falls out of relevance and has to crash land back down to earth. yep, he's rich alright....good for him. Be interesting to see if he rises again somewhere with his resume.. 

It was interesting at the beginning of the season listening to the FSU football radio show. A local heavy hitter booster intimated that the losing wasn't going to be tolerated for long..he then reiterated that feeling and discontent prior to their homecoming game..Hmmmm??

See ya Willie

He has the record as Scott Frost and Chip Kelly. I guess they suck too

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

32 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

Willie Taggart  = Raheem Morris

Young up and coming coach who can connect with players, enjoyed some success early, creating a heap of praise that never was really justified with results.

If I remember correctly Taggart is a lot more polished speaker than Morris. 

He also turned around WKU and USF. Failed at FSU, but I really don't care about that.  

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, puc86 said:

CJL has never even lost an AAC game much less lost the conference

No, but he lost games and conferences at every level along the way

1 hour ago, puc86 said:

If CJL has stayed with us and we had still had the same fall from grace his continuity and ability would have ran rickshaw thru this conference.

He never "ran rickshaw" through any conference, so there's no proof he would have done to in the AAC

1 hour ago, puc86 said:

UCF has dominated the AAC for CJL’s sake and the thought of losing to them when CJL was at the helm was unfathomable.

Times are much different now. We barely beat them in OT in his last game against them, when we were in the Big East and they were CUSA. He never had to deal with a UCF team the caliber of the ones lately

I have no problem with CJL. He took us from nothing to the National spotlight in a decade. That's awesome. No doubt. But he had his shortcomings. 

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

47 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

Willie Taggart  = Raheem Morris

Young up and coming coach who can connect with players, enjoyed some success early, creating a heap of praise that never was really justified with results.

school prank GIF

Bullseye