• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Taggart fired

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,253
  • Days Won:  255

32 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Humm....maybe there is another element that contributed to his firing after only two years....

Like his life long losing record? His zero attachment to the program? His gimmicks and sayings that are annoying af when you are losing? His alienation of the boosters and fanbase? His being at a school that’s won championships recently and hasn’t not gone to a bowl in three decades but him managing to do it in his first two years?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,613
  • Content Count:  74,619
  • Days Won:  424

2 minutes ago, puc86 said:

If you have coached 10 years and you have only coached in one bowl game that you lost that’s pretty close to as bad and string of losses as you can get. It’s not that he just lost them he usually didn’t get to them.

*sigh* ..... when you're involved in the rebuilding of multiple programs that "coaching 10 years" ******** needs to be put in perspective.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,065
  • Days Won:  38

1 hour ago, Gatorbull325 said:

Chip Kelly and Scott Frost has the same or worse 2 year record than Taggart. They should be fired too. 

Hmm well Nebraska and UCLA (I think not as much) were bad before they got there.  Jimbo bounced.  If you look at FSU FAN perspective, they recently won a national championship and should be battling it out with Clemson for a playoff spot every year.  They getting punked by the future lobbyists at Virginia.

This is different than resurrecting Nebraska or whatever crapshow UCLA had going.

Edited by Rocky Style

2 hours ago, Gatorbull325 said:

He has the record as Scott Frost and Chip Kelly. I guess they suck too

I don't think that is a sound take.  It's not apples to apples.  FSU> UCLA+NEB

3 minutes ago, Triple B said:

*sigh* ..... when you're involved in the rebuilding of multiple programs that "coaching 10 years" ******** needs to be put in perspective.

At some point that excuse wears out and you actually have to stay and “do something” before CWT burned out immediately at FSU most agreed that this would be what determined his coaching meddle. Looks like empirical data won out and you actually are what your record says you are even if you want to brand yourself as something else.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,613
  • Content Count:  74,619
  • Days Won:  424

12 minutes ago, puc86 said:

At some point that excuse wears out and you actually have to stay and “do something” before CWT burned out immediately at FSU most agreed that this would be what determined his coaching meddle. Looks like empirical data won out and you actually are what your record says you are even if you want to brand yourself as something else.

At some point, yeah, but not in this case when the 3 programs he went to rebuild all went to bowls his last year there so he didn't get the credit for taking teams to bowls those 3 times .... your other points may or may not be valid but irrelevant in talking about taking teams to bowls. You're moving those goal posts ......... again.

1 minute ago, Triple B said:

At some point, yeah, but not in this case when the 3 programs he went to rebuild all went to bowls his last year there so he didn't get the credit for taking teams to bowls those 3 times .... your other points may or may not be valid but irrelevant in talking about taking teams to bowls. You're moving those goal posts ......... again.

I never once have moved the posts. I unequivocally state that in order to be a good coach you have to have a winning record a decade into your career. Let’s pretend CWT is the greatest rebuilder in the entire world and that’s why he has a losing record. Who is the next best 10 year coach with a losing record? It’s an absurd excuse that’s only been created because there is no reasonable defense of someone with a losing record actually being a winner because of blah blah blah excuses.

10 minutes ago, Triple B said:

all went to bowls his last year there so he didn't get the credit for taking teams to bowls those 3 times

I hope everyone is giving credit for building the teams because he did!  Definitely can't cash out for millions and get credit for actually winning the bowl game though.  Who knows, maybe we don't beat USCe at the last minute with different decision making or playcalling.  Maybe a different set of conditions gets someone hurt in the first half.  Who knows.

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

excited willie taggart GIF by USF Athletics

9 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I never once have moved the posts. I unequivocally state that in order to be a good coach you have to have a winning record a decade into your career. Let’s pretend CWT is the greatest rebuilder in the entire world and that’s why he has a losing record. Who is the next best 10 year coach with a losing record? It’s an absurd excuse that’s only been created because there is no reasonable defense of someone with a losing record actually being a winner because of blah blah blah excuses.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

24 minutes ago, puc86 said:

That sucks. I always thought Bobby Cox was a good coach, but he didn’t have a winning record a decade into his career. You learn something new every day.