• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Taggart fired

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,539
  • Days Won:  423

1 hour ago, puc86 said:

Was it by definition impossible for CWT to win more than half his games over a course of 10 years? Not being able to win a conference because you aren’t in a conference is not quite the same thing as being less than the median because it’s hard and you leave the first time you win to go to someone at the tail end of their down cycle.

An extenuating circumstance is an extenuating circumstance. Picking and choosing which ones to apply to a coach's career is strictly based on your agenda. I fully recognize that there are valid reasons where CJL coaching 13 years and not winning shouldn't be considered that bad of a thing. I also recognize that a coach's 10 year span of taking over 4 programs' dumpster fires is going to skew his W/L record during that time. You apparently are still in jilted lover's mode ...... I get it.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  179
  • Content Count:  3,647
  • Days Won:  4

Random sidebar.

Every time Trip posts, that basketball logo in the signature makes my brain think there is a Cheshire Cat with with an Iconic U on it's forehead there.

Image result for cheshire cat smile" 

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  280
  • Days Won:  1

I still think this had something to do with it... 

Brian-Burns-gives-Levonta-Taylor-the-Tur

• Haha 2

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

23 minutes ago, Triple B said:

An extenuating circumstance is an extenuating circumstance. Picking and choosing which ones to apply to a coach's career is strictly based on your agenda. I fully recognize that there are valid reasons where CJL coaching 13 years and not winning shouldn't be considered that bad of a thing. I also recognize that a coach's 10 year span of taking over 4 programs' dumpster fires is going to skew his W/L record during that time. You apparently are still in jilted lover's mode ...... I get it.

I’m not mad at CWT at all. I hated the hire, I hated his first 2.5 years and then I came to be fine with him and would have been perfectly content with him staying here to see if he had actually built anything or if it was simply a flash in the pan. Going into the FSU job most CWT apologists seemed perfectly fine with the idea that to date he had an incomplete for his career and FSU would be what determined his actual grade, for some reason now that he has received a giant F it’s no longer reasonable to have had any expectations at a school with every dream resource in his dream area at what he claimed was his dream job. Building something implies some form of sustainability at its kind of hard to claim that if you bolt at the first sign progress in order to go to another place that is at its lowest level in program history (you get to be even worse than the last people) and you get to get back to one year of average or just above before you leave again.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,539
  • Days Won:  423

26 minutes ago, usf97 said:

Random sidebar.

Every time Trip posts, that basketball logo in the signature makes my brain think there is a Cheshire Cat with with an Iconic U on it's forehead there.

Image result for cheshire cat smile" 

I have it set where I don't see signatures so I'd completely forgot it was there ..... Not too distracting, is it?

• Topic Count:  179
  • Content Count:  3,647
  • Days Won:  4

21 minutes ago, Triple B said:

I have it set where I don't see signatures so I'd completely forgot it was there ..... Not too distracting, is it?

No. It's small. 

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,743
  • Days Won:  17

42 minutes ago, MikePhillips said:

I still think this had something to do with it... 

Brian-Burns-gives-Levonta-Taylor-the-Tur

The Turn-over Purse?

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

22 hours ago, Gatorbull325 said:

Chip Kelly and Scott Frost has the same or worse 2 year record than Taggart. They should be fired too. 

OK

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

3 minutes ago, BulledOver said:

OK

Exactly. The next group defending them on Thebullspen would be the first one, firing Kelly and Frost would probably fall somewhere between so what who cares and good for most people on here as they currently and previously have had no connection to our program.

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,455
  • Days Won:  25

2 hours ago, puc86 said:

I’m not mad at CWT at all. I hated the hire, I hated his first 2.5 years and then I came to be fine with him and would have been perfectly content with him staying here to see if he had actually built anything or if it was simply a flash in the pan. Going into the FSU job most CWT apologists seemed perfectly fine with the idea that to date he had an incomplete for his career and FSU would be what determined his actual grade, for some reason now that he has received a giant F it’s no longer reasonable to have had any expectations at a school with every dream resource in his dream area at what he claimed was his dream job. Building something implies some form of sustainability at its kind of hard to claim that if you bolt at the first sign progress in order to go to another place that is at its lowest level in program history (you get to be even worse than the last people) and you get to get back to one year of average or just above before you leave again.

Gonna go out on a limb here, but I'm guessing his career will be much longer than FSU. Granted, he flunked that portion of the test, but tell me again how much money has he made so far?

Sure do wish I had flunked out that way.

• Upvote 1