• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Taggart fired

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,253
  • Days Won:  255

9 minutes ago, JTrue said:

That sucks. I always thought Bobby Cox was a good coach, but he didn’t have a winning record a decade into his career. You learn something new every day.

Professional baseball?? Isn’t .500 a pretty reasonable number there? In college football you get one complete freebie (well free to every coach we have had accept CWT) every season plus a handful of cupcakes to go with the people you should be competing with and then maybe a reach or two game being below .500 in College football 10 years in but still being a good coach surely must have some other examples besides CWT ( or will we have to go with a cricket example to find a similarly great trajectory?).

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

18 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Professional baseball?? Isn’t .500 a pretty reasonable number there? In college football you get one complete freebie (well free to every coach we have had accept CWT) every season plus a handful of cupcakes to go with the people you should be competing with and then maybe a reach or two game being below .500 in College football 10 years in but still being a good coach surely must have some other examples besides CWT ( or will we have to go with a cricket example to find a similarly great trajectory?).

All I saw was unequivocally a winning record. I didn’t know you were going to attach stipulations to unequivocally.

But, in hindsight, of course you were. This is going to be like when you were given 25 different coaches who went from D2 to a D1 coordinator or HC job and you made up a reason when it wasn’t the same. 

Edited by JTrue

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,253
  • Days Won:  255

Just now, JTrue said:

All I saw was unequivocally a winning record. I didn’t know you were going to attach stipulations to unequivocally.

Touche, I assumed it was understood that the one stipulation was it required being involved in the subject being discussed. My statement was moderately equivocal and just shy of unequivocal. Kind of like how CWT has found himself just shy of of mediocre but only if you want to use silly things empirical evidence instead of important things like feelings.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,613
  • Content Count:  74,618
  • Days Won:  424

45 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

I hope everyone is giving credit for building the teams because he did!  Definitely can't cash out for millions and get credit for actually winning the bowl game though.  Who knows, maybe we don't beat USCe at the last minute with different decision making or playcalling.  Maybe a different set of conditions gets someone hurt in the first half.  Who knows.

I'm not giving him credit here for winning a bowl, just getting teams to them. Puc's stuck on this decade long dearth of a winning record and not looking at anything else ...... myopic at best. He was hired by 3 programs (FSU out of this equation) that needed rebuilding. He was at those schools for 8 years. His rebuilt teams went to bowls 4 out of those 8 years. That's a pretty good record in a rebuilding process involving 3 teams, even if it doesn't show up in the overall wins/losses column ..... that's all that I'm saying.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 hour ago, puc86 said:

At some point that excuse wears out and you actually have to stay and “do something” before CWT burned out immediately at FSU most agreed that this would be what determined his coaching meddle. Looks like empirical data won out and you actually are what your record says you are even if you want to brand yourself as something else.

And this ultimately what doomed him. He should have stayed some place built himself up and there would have been even more money involved for success. Instead he became a whore like the rest of them...

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,613
  • Content Count:  74,618
  • Days Won:  424

25 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

And this ultimately what doomed him. He should have stayed some place built himself up and there would have been even more money involved for success. Instead he became a whore like the rest of them...

Maybe Tags is old school and figured $25 million or so should hold him over ....

8 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Maybe Tags is old school and figured $25 million or so should hold him over ....

he must have been an amateur 

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

2 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Humm....maybe there is another element that contributed to his firing after only two years....

Turnover purse did him in.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

Turnover purse did him in.

Yeah he over thought that one didn’t he😂😂

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,498
  • Days Won:  25

49 minutes ago, Triple B said:

I got 25 millions why he is okay with being fired. He will get hired at lower tier FCS School for around a million if he wants a job. Holtz got a job after his failure here.