• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Worst era in USF football?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,525
  • Days Won:  422

4 hours ago, Supersurch said:

I don't know what CJL did in that locker room...but he was the only coach who TRULY wanted to coach at the University of South Florida.

That's because he gave birth to the program which is why there's no way you can ever expect another coach to have feelings as deep as he did. Our other coaches wanted to be here but just not to the emotional extent that CJL did ...... which would describe 99.99% of all coaching situations at the FBS level.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

22 minutes ago, Triple B said:

That's because he gave birth to the program which is why there's no way you can ever expect another coach to have feelings as deep as he did. Our other coaches wanted to be here but just not to the emotional extent that CJL did ...... which would describe 99.99% of all coaching situations at the FBS level.

Coaches nowadays are all about the

hustling show me the money GIF

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,519
  • Days Won:  28

3 hours ago, USFRaider said:

Aren't you the sad sack that predicted USF to go undefeated this season?  Yeah, you sure know alot about college football.

Ooohhhhh you got me 🤷‍♂️ But what does my overzealous predictions have to do with this post? Facts are facts, CCS has a better record here than Holtz, this post is just as emotional as my undefeated prediction 😎 At least I admit it. 

• Topic Count:  54
  • Content Count:  1,141
  • Days Won:  2

18 hours ago, Gatorbull325 said:

In the end, I go by record and bowl wins. We were also in a P5 conference so our team should have been better. We should have had better recruits after spending close 2 a DECADE in a Power 5 conference. CCS is rebuilding, it doesnt alway happen overnight. 

You really see this as rebuilding? I don't see any reason to believe next season will be any better. 

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,340
  • Days Won:  43

8 hours ago, Roaming Bull said:

Coaches nowadays are all about the

hustling show me the money GIF

Can’t blame them as coaching is a slippery slop to being fired if you have one bad season 

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,012
  • Days Won:  38

2 hours ago, BayIslandBull said:

You really see this as rebuilding? I don't see any reason to believe next season will be any better. 

Me neither at this point.  

2 hours ago, Bull Daly said:

slippery slop

We could name our offense this.

• Upvote 2

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  3,175
  • Days Won:  12

21 hours ago, Gatorbull325 said:

Holtz Era - 

2010     8 wins   5 Losses,   Meineke Car Care Bowl-W    
2011     5 Wins   7  Losses No Bowl           
2012     3 Wins 9 Losses NO Bowl

Strong Era - 

2017    10 wins  2  Losses,  Birmingham  Bowl victory over Texas Tech  - THIS IS OUR 2nd EVER 10 win season. Not even CJL has a 10 win season. 

2018    7 Wins  6 Losses   Gasparilla Bowl - Loss
2019    South Florida    3–4  and the rest of the season TBD

I get it, you guys hate CCS, but please keep your arguments logical. Even if we lose the rest of the games this season, CCS still had a waaay better coaching career at USF than Holtz. This whole thread is just too **** emotional and lacks any logic. 

Absolutely agree with this, even that year with losing to McNeese St, Taggarts first year, although not an "era" was absolute rock bottom for me. We closed that season losing 31-6 to Rutgers and a 2-10 record. I know its easy to see whats right in front of you but we have had worse. The next year we went 4-8, we had Q that season but he only played in 4 games. It wasn't until 2015 that he began to flourish. So I say, currently, we have skipped the 2-10 season and we are somewhere at the end of the 4-8 season and the beginning of the 2015 campaign where we went 8-5. I say give McCloud some time. He may be our next Quinton Flowers.  If we can beat ECU , we have the next 3 at home and the last game against UCF.  We could go 0-5 and its more likely we go 0-5 then 5-0 but perhaps we ECU, perhaps we beat Temple and maybe we beat UCF and end up 6-6...who knows? If McCloud can continue to grow into what he can be, what we see flashes of, and there is no reason to believe he won't, we will be fine. Now if we go 0-5 the rest of the way.........

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

On 10/21/2019 at 9:52 AM, DELdaBull said:

Funny thing for me is I saw CCS literally drop an F bomb on Jean Marie while chewing him out on Saturday.  I think Charlie feels the pressure.  

He did just buy that Bayshore mansion...

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

2 minutes ago, Brad said:

He did just buy that Bayshore mansion...

Don't worry, his retention bonus that no one knew about will pay for that mansion. 

• Me no likey 1

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,012
  • Days Won:  38

Just now, DELdaBull said:

Don't worry, his retention bonus that no one knew about will pay for that mansion. 

Yeah he's good.  Good investment.  He can always rent it out to 36 socialite millennials to take selfies.  There was an article yesterday that says he gets 5 mil this year.  Not sure how much Bayshore mansions cost though.

• Haha 1