• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Worst era in USF football?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

Holtz last year we had losses but they were mostly close games...Strongs teams are getting rolled by halftime.

• Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  107
  • Days Won:  0

23 minutes ago, Thebullsfan said:

Skippy is still the king but we're getting really close too breaking the record.

I agree. The reason it hurts so badly right now is because it's an old wound opening up again. Skip To My Lose is the one who caused the wound, but Charlie Chokleman has been picking at that wound so hard that it has opened up again, and he's not going to stop picking at it until someone puts oven mitts on his hands and sends him away

• Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  314

Holtz tanking the program came at the absolute worse time realignment-wise and we have never really recovered the fanbase. At the height of our most recent success with Flowers we still couldn't draw, embarrasingly enough. 

It will be TEN YEARS since we fired Leavitt in January 2010, and I don't think we've made one competent hire since. Taggart was brought in to install a smashmouth big 10 offense which looking back is laughable now, he had to completely change his scheme to keep his job then he bolts at the first sign of a new offer. Holtz and Strong speak for themselves.

Obviously Strong's contract is a back breaker, but we have to decide if we concede the rest of the season. I think Kelly lets the rest of the season play out but do we keep Strong if he somehow wins 2 of the remaining 5 and makes a bowl? I don't envy Kelly's job, but he has to make a decision after black friday that might immediately put the fundraising efforts in a hole but will be the best long term.

• Like 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  12,255
  • Days Won:  25

I flushed one down the toilet bowl and had to grab  cold long neck to sip with my morning coffee. :) In other news Hilary Clinton claims there are Russian plants in the democratic party. 

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

5 hours ago, LewSFBulls said:

Holtz tanking the program came at the absolute worse time realignment-wise and we have never really recovered the fanbase. At the height of our most recent success with Flowers we still couldn't draw, embarrasingly enough. 

It will be TEN YEARS since we fired Leavitt in January 2010, and I don't think we've made one competent hire since. Taggart was brought in to install a smashmouth big 10 offense which looking back is laughable now, he had to completely change his scheme to keep his job then he bolts at the first sign of a new offer. Holtz and Strong speak for themselves.

Obviously Strong's contract is a back breaker, but we have to decide if we concede the rest of the season. I think Kelly lets the rest of the season play out but do we keep Strong if he somehow wins 2 of the remaining 5 and makes a bowl? I don't envy Kelly's job, but he has to make a decision after black friday that might immediately put the fundraising efforts in a hole but will be the best long term.

Ummmm... we need 6 wins to get bowl eligible... we are 3-4; we have to win 3 out of the next 5... no bowl I can see, unless we suddenly find an offense 

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

2 hours ago, Skingraft said:

Ummmm... we need 6 wins to get bowl eligible... we are 3-4; we have to win 3 out of the next 5... no bowl I can see, unless we suddenly find an offense 

only bowl i see in our future is the toilet bowl.  Winning 3 out of the last 5- hmmm maybe the other teams won't come to ray jay and we win by default

• Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  314

On 10/20/2019 at 1:23 PM, Skingraft said:

Too right. Math. 

Well have to imagine almost certain no bowl means the can for CCS. 

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

41 minutes ago, LewSFBulls said:

Too right. Math. 

Well have to imagine almost certain no bowl means the can for CCS. 

We can only hope...

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,009
  • Days Won:  38

Holtz feels worse, but I am not so sure.  I am more apathetic now. 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

3 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

Holtz feels worse, but I am not so sure.  I am more apathetic now. 

Especially since Holtz has redeemed himself at LaTech...