• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Worst era in USF football?

Guest Jonesy Bull
3 hours ago, Gatorbull325 said:

Holtz Era - 

2010     8 wins   5 Losses,   Meineke Car Care Bowl-W    
2011     5 Wins   7  Losses No Bowl           
2012     3 Wins 9 Losses NO Bowl

Strong Era - 

2017    10 wins  2  Losses,  Birmingham  Bowl victory over Texas Tech  - THIS IS OUR 2nd EVER 10 win season. Not even CJL has a 10 win season. 

2018    7 Wins  6 Losses   Gasparilla Bowl - Loss
2019    South Florida    3–4  and the rest of the season TBD

I get it, you guys hate CCS, but please keep your arguments logical. Even if we lose the rest of the games this season, CCS still had a waaay better coaching career at USF than Holtz. This whole thread is just too **** emotional and lacks any logic. 

Certainly not the worst era of USF football in our history......However, just like the Holtz years, we are trending downwards each year.  Obviously not what you want to see.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  168
  • Days Won:  0

Tell me again why Leavitt was such a bad coach for us.

It's unbelievable to me that a lot of our fans will never admit that they totally screwed up by getting rid of Leavitt.

I would be glad to take the lead and beg Leavitt for forgiveness. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

2 minutes ago, keith S said:

Tell me again why Leavitt was such a bad coach for us.

It's unbelievable to me that a lot of our fans will never admit that they totally screwed up by getting rid of Leavitt.

I would be glad to take the lead and beg Leavitt for forgiveness. 

Don't worry. Next year FSU will be subsidizing both Tags and Leavitt to coach for us.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  488
  • Days Won:  0

42 minutes ago, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

Don't worry. Next year FSU will be subsidizing both Tags and Leavitt to coach for us.

I don't know what CJL did in that locker room...but he was the only coach who TRULY wanted to coach at the University of South Florida.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  195
  • Content Count:  6,746
  • Days Won:  3

1 hour ago, Jonesy Bull said:

...still had a waaay better coaching career at USF than Holtz.

I'd like to think that Holtz will hold the record for worst coaching career @ US of F. That being said, assuming an ECU win, and remaining losses would bring this year's tally to eight. Holtz had 21 losses over three years, Strong would finish out with 16. Yeah, five fewer losses is better, objectively. But we're still comparing two slow horses.

Guest Jonesy Bull
15 minutes ago, WoolyBully said:

I'd like to think that Holtz will hold the record for worst coaching career @ US of F. That being said, assuming an ECU win, and remaining losses would bring this year's tally to eight. Holtz had 21 losses over three years, Strong would finish out with 16. Yeah, five fewer losses is better, objectively. But we're still comparing two slow horses.

Exactly.   The trend for both coaches has been downward.  So what really is the point of this thread.

The season isnt over yet.  Maybe CCS can miraculously turn it around Taggart style.  Dont feel it or believe it though.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

Skip came in playing tougher competition, Strong might’ve had a bit more talent when he started his tenure. Strong underachieved his first year. Great he won 10 games.... but he should won the whole **** thing. 

Skip Strong is one helluva ball coach

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,012
  • Days Won:  38

2 hours ago, Supersurch said:

I don't know what CJL did in that locker room...but he was the only coach who TRULY wanted to coach at the University of South Florida.

BUT his dream job is Oregon and FSU.

1 hour ago, Jonesy Bull said:

The season isnt over yet.  Maybe CCS can miraculously turn it around Taggart style.  Dont feel it or believe it though.

BYU got me back on the hype train, but an uncompetitive Navy has me completely off the hype train. 

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,703
  • Days Won:  6

7 hours ago, Gatorbull325 said:

In the end, I go by record and bowl wins. We were also in a P5 conference so our team should have been better. We should have had better recruits after spending close 2 a DECADE in a Power 5 conference. CCS is rebuilding, it doesnt alway happen overnight. 

Aren't you the sad sack that predicted USF to go undefeated this season?  Yeah, you sure know alot about college football.

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

3 hours ago, Supersurch said:

i agree with you on this one.. to ll the others it has been a job and money.