• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Worst era in USF football?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,519
  • Days Won:  28

Holtz Era - 

2010     8 wins   5 Losses,   Meineke Car Care Bowl-W    
2011     5 Wins   7  Losses No Bowl           
2012     3 Wins 9 Losses NO Bowl

Strong Era - 

2017    10 wins  2  Losses,  Birmingham  Bowl victory over Texas Tech  - THIS IS OUR 2nd EVER 10 win season. Not even CJL has a 10 win season. 

2018    7 Wins  6 Losses   Gasparilla Bowl - Loss
2019    South Florida    3–4  and the rest of the season TBD

I get it, you guys hate CCS, but please keep your arguments logical. Even if we lose the rest of the games this season, CCS still had a waaay better coaching career at USF than Holtz. This whole thread is just too **** emotional and lacks any logic. 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Funny thing for me is I saw CCS literally drop an F bomb on Jean Marie while chewing him out on Saturday.  I think Charlie feels the pressure.  

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

3 minutes ago, DELdaBull said:

Funny thing for me is I saw CCS literally drop an F bomb on Jean Marie while chewing him out on Saturday.  I think Charlie feels the pressure.  

Jean is horrible he has shown me nothing for why he is the DC.  Might as well have Woodie as DC. 

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,339
  • Days Won:  43

7 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

Holtz Era - 

Strong Era - 

2017    10 wins  2  Losses,  Birmingham  Bowl victory over Texas Tech  - THIS IS OUR 2nd EVER 10 win season. Not even CJL has a 10 win season. 

I get it, you guys hate CCS, but please keep your arguments logical. Even if we lose the rest of the games this season, CCS still had a waaay better coaching career at USF than Holtz. This whole thread is just too **** emotional and lacks any logic. 

Well said! This is not even close to the worse era. The Holtz New Error was the worse and followed by CWT get on the buss BS for two and a half seasons. When USF starts losing to teams named Ball St like we did in the Holtz era I would be worried. Instead, our four losses are against Wisc, SMU, Navy, and Ga Tech and that game should have been a USF W. 

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,339
  • Days Won:  43

7 minutes ago, Bulls On Parade said:

Jean is horrible he has shown me nothing for why he is the DC.  Might as well have Woodie as DC. 

Seriously I wish we were giving up around 10 to 13 points per game as that would make things better until our offense gets Better 

2 minutes ago, Bulls On Parade said:

Um The defense has been CARRYING us this year.We had 2 interceptions and enough 3 and outs to beat Navy this past weekend. We held GT, SC State, BYU, UCONN under 25pts. We are top ten in turnovers created and tackle for losses. Yet, you chit on BJM? The defense can only do so much if the offense isnt producing. We score ZERO pts against Wisc, 21 garbage time pts against SMU and ONLY 3pts against Navy. This year its ALL on the offense.

• Upvote 2

• Content Count:  730
  • Days Won:  4

1 minute ago, Gatorbull325 said:

Holtz Era - 

Strong Era - 

Pure record wise you are right, however context matters a LOT.  Holtz was in the Big East which was a tougher conference than the American.  I just pulled the SoS:

2010- 54th (8-5)

2011-49th (5-7)

2012-52nd (3-9)

2017-80th (10-2)

2018-96th (7-6)

2019-82nd (?-?)

People are upset because we've seen with our eyes how Charlie led teams feasted on bad teams and struggled against good teams his first two years.  Now in year three the wheels are off. 

So no this thread is not entirely emotional.  Some people measure success with metrics other than pure win-loss.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, Ghostbuster said:

Pure record wise you are right, however context matters a LOT.  Holtz was in the Big East which was a tougher conference than the American.  I just pulled the SoS:

2010- 54th (8-5)

2011-49th (5-7)

2012-52nd (3-9)

2017-80th (10-2)

2018-96th (7-6)

2019-82nd (?-?)

People are upset because we've seen with our eyes how Charlie led teams feasted on bad teams and struggled against good teams his first two years.  Now in year three the wheels are off. 

So no this thread is not entirely emotional.  Some people measure success with metrics other than pure win-loss.

In the end, I go by record and bowl wins. We were also in a P5 conference so our team should have been better. We should have had better recruits after spending close 2 a DECADE in a Power 5 conference. CCS is rebuilding, it doesnt alway happen overnight. 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 hour ago, Gatorbull325 said:

Holtz Era - 

Strong Era - 

Good point facts don’t lie..

• Content Count:  730
  • Days Won:  4

3 hours ago, Gatorbull325 said:

In the end, I go by record and bowl wins. We were also in a P5 conference so our team should have been better. We should have had better recruits after spending close 2 a DECADE in a Power 5 conference. CCS is rebuilding, it doesnt alway happen overnight. 

The problem is what CCS is building. 

A team that kneels down close to the 40 yard line with timeouts in their pocket.

A team that attempts field goals when down a bunch.

A team that has no offensive identity (2 scholarship QBs, one pro style one dual threat)

I don't care that we're losing games after our most successful class (win-loss record wise) graduated... I care that what I see on game days looks horribly mismanaged with a bad process. 

A good comparison to me is Taggarts second year game against UCF.  We suffered our first shut out at home but the team never gave up and never tried a sad field goal.  In fact they ran a fake field goal, and it just didn't work.  Another time in the red zone they went for it on 4th down but again it just didn't work.  They didn't have the talent in place to do what they wanted, but what they wanted was to be aggressive and not just play a vanilla game.  Strong is too vanilla for me.

• Upvote 1