• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

It's time to go on the record .... (OT drivel from our Kanigit friends)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

37 minutes ago, George Jenkins said:

You realize who you are talking too, right?

I want to expect more of people than they maybe capable of giving.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,517
  • Days Won:  422

7 hours ago, SquareKnight said:

Ticket revenue, advertising revenue, and concession revenue are not listed under the stadium corp.

One thing that kind of hit me is that the regular seat type tickets (non suite, cabana, etc) revenue shouldn't be attributed the owning of the stadium to begin with. In theory, those would be sold no matter where they played, which is probably why they're handled the way they are on stadium documents .......... am I off thinking that?

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  1,055
  • Days Won:  2

On 7/15/2019 at 3:48 PM, JTrue said:

A) No they don't. B) You're thinking of Boise v. Oklahoma.

I still remember that Statue of Liberty play for the 2 point conversion.  I knew no one on that Boise team but was almost in tears it was such a great game.  

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Days Won:  1

7 hours ago, puc86 said:

I also provided the full athletic budget for the year it is most recently available and everything seems to check out but if you know of some other place the money miracled itself to I would love to hear it. In total athletics made $3.355 mostly from $22.6 in student fees. Total tickets is $4.95 for all athletic events. The math all checks out, you know there is a difference between wanting something to be different and what it actually is, don't you?

That is a fat NO!  They are taught that there isn't a difference the first day they step on campus to begin their journey into the land of delusion....

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,327
  • Days Won:  1

On 7/26/2019 at 9:18 AM, SquareKnight said:

Typical Cow fan. Take incomplete information and use it to come up with an incorrect conclusion.  Interesting how the income from the tower suites ($120K per suite per year) and the stadium naming rights ($750K - $800K per year) alone equals the "operating revenues" of about $3.6 million last year.

Ticket revenue, advertising revenue, and concession revenue are not listed under the stadium corp.

It's ridiculous how easy it is to blow holes in your weak arguments!

What's ridiculous is how you are getting teabagged with facts and you can't substantiate any of your claims. You've been provided a balance sheet, statement of cash flows, and income statement... What more do you want? I can't tell if you are trolling or if the quality of education gap between our universities is widening.

• Upvote 2

54 minutes ago, Justin C said:

I can't tell if you are trolling or if the quality of education gap between our universities is widening.

It's a magical blend of both ...

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,075
  • Days Won:  2

It seems to me, if UCF fan wants to say that the stadium gives them a boost of pride, school spirit, or a better gameday atmosphere, most here would have no problem with that  opinion.  On the other hand, to say that UCF is making money hand over fist, or better yet, that USF should build their own stadium so that we can reap the benefits of all of the cash than an "OCS"  would bring is a bogus opinion.  The numbers do not lie.  If getting to a so called Power Conference is the main goal, I would argue that Raymond James is more power conference worthy than any OCS that USF could build right now. There is a guy on the radio who pounds the statement "Debt is dumb" on a daily basis.  If USF is stuck in AAC purgatory, I would have to say debt on a mini , bleacher filled stadium would be dumb since we do not have to build one at this time. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Congrats to UCF on that big 1:1 deal they’ve been holding out for. Like their AD said, he knows their value as a program.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, JTrue said:

Congrats to UCF on that big 1:1 deal they’ve been holding out for. Like their AD said, he knows their value as a program.

So where's the first game, Oveido or South Bend?

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  146
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, Mission9 said:

It seems to me, if UCF fan wants to say that the stadium gives them a boost of pride, school spirit, or a better gameday atmosphere, most here would have no problem with that  opinion.  On the other hand, to say that UCF is making money hand over fist, or better yet, that USF should build their own stadium so that we can reap the benefits of all of the cash than an "OCS"  would bring is a bogus opinion.  The numbers do not lie.  If getting to a so called Power Conference is the main goal, I would argue that Raymond James is more power conference worthy than any OCS that USF could build right now. There is a guy on the radio who pounds the statement "Debt is dumb" on a daily basis.  If USF is stuck in AAC purgatory, I would have to say debt on a mini , bleacher filled stadium would be dumb since we do not have to build one at this time. 

First and foremost, renting something means your money goes automatically goes to a net negative. The only benefit to playing at Ray Jay is IF you move to a P5 - then it works out in your favor. However, as it stands, having an OCS that you can afford is going to be superior in pretty much every facet while in the AAC.

1. Game Day atmosphere is better. (No tarping off swaths of seats, having other teams stuff such as a pirate ship in there that detracts from your team.)

2. Enhances team pride

3. Brings Alumni back to campus

4. Modifiable to needs (can increase stadium seating, make more premium seating, alcohol sales etc...)

5. Having a true home allows the fan base to create/engage in tradition

At the end of the day, having an OCS garnered $4,959,403 from Game tickets, $3,945,893 in sponsorship, and $808,164 (other) which I assume includes concessions for the 2017 season. That comes to $1,618,910 per home game (x6) excluding the AAC Champ game.

Puc wanted the bottomline, which is a net positive of $3,355,218 thats AFTER all expenses including paying the stadium loan principal + interest which is on track to be done and paid off excluding maintenance/major additions in approximately 20 years. Let's just say maintenance over that time costs several million, then we'll say 25 years max. Not only do we reap the above benefits, we have an investment that is on track to be paid off while also pocketing additional revenue per year after expenses. Meanwhile, the cost of building an OCS continues to rise each year. By the time USF pulls the trigger, the same OCS (not saying you're going to build what we did) would cost north of $70 million.

Can you show me how USF is breaking even or making money at Ray Jay after expenses? USF has been receiving money from former big east departures and your HC's salary has been subsidized by Texas. Both of those are drawing to a close. Strong's salary jumps to $2.5 million in 2019. At the end of the day, when the numbers come out for the 2019 season and onwards, I think it's safe to say UCF is going to naturally bring in more and more money as each year goes by and the debt load from the stadium is diminished.