• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

It's time to go on the record .... (OT drivel from our Kanigit friends)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,074
  • Days Won:  2

1 hour ago, Meeps said:

If you think we all suggest that an OCS is something you shouldn't do, cool. I've experienced time and time again the atmosphere of our "erector set" stadium and it blows the doors off Ray Jay. Why? Because it's ours, B. The aluminium reflects sound and makes it sound twice as loud as a concrete stadium thus enhancing the noise factor and home field advantage and lastly, we are both in the AAC for the foreseeable future. 45,000 is a good number of seats for this league and we can max it. Ray Jay on the other hand never comes remotely filled, it's not yours, the sound is nothing like it is at Spectrum. I recommend making the trip to Orlando come black Friday and experience what the atmosphere is like first hand. It will be sold out again and we will show you just what you're all missing without an OCS.

I have experienced having your fans come to town.  While not tolerating or standing up to nonsense is something I will do at home, I am smart enough to not put myself in that position on the road.  I am certain that you are a nice guy but unfortunately. many of your friends are not.  Even in 2015 I felt it best to stay home.  Thanks for the invite. 

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  146
  • Days Won:  0

On 7/19/2019 at 7:20 PM, Mission9 said:

I have experienced having your fans come to town.  While not tolerating or standing up to nonsense is something I will do at home, I am smart enough to not put myself in that position on the road.  I am certain that you are a nice guy but unfortunately. many of your friends are not.  Even in 2015 I felt it best to stay home.  Thanks for the invite. 

I can't recall the last time i've seen an altercation at Spectrum for any USF fans that are civil. The vast majority of us just want to see a good game, and maybe trade some good ol' fashion ribbing. Both sides can have drunk frat boys who want to get into a **** measuring content, but that is incredibly easy to avoid if you're concerned about your safety. I've even seen UCF fans camped out in memory mall giving beers to usf fans. There is security/law enforcement all over the place on game day, it just doesn't make sense to get into a fight with that many cops on campus.

Guest Jonesy Bull
On 7/21/2019 at 3:37 PM, Meeps said:

I can't recall the last time i've seen an altercation at Spectrum for any USF fans that are civil. The vast majority of us just want to see a good game, and maybe trade some good ol' fashion ribbing. Both sides can have drunk frat boys who want to get into a **** measuring content, but that is incredibly easy to avoid if you're concerned about your safety. I've even seen UCF fans camped out in memory mall giving beers to usf fans. There is security/law enforcement all over the place on game day, it just doesn't make sense to get into a fight with that many cops on campus.

Ive been to a couple of USF/ UCF games in Orlando.  Never had real problem with anybody.  There is alot of trash talking and not exactly kid friendly.  But Ive never seen any real fights happen.  

• Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

I went to one in orlando, probably won't go back. I had to walk a million forevers to get the to game. Basically a glorified high school experience, capped off by the busch league play clock hidden in the bottom corner because it doesn't fit on the scoreboard. 

12 hours ago, BrassBulls12 said:

I went to one in orlando, probably won't go back. I had to walk a million forevers to get the to game. Basically a glorified high school experience, capped off by the busch league play clock hidden in the bottom corner because it doesn't fit on the scoreboard. 

You mind sharing what year that was?

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

@Meeps no desire to respond to the fact UCF football doesn’t net anywhere near $4 million a year from the stadium much less $4 million a game? If any financial analysis determined you could make $28 million a year just from one tenant people would be popping up stadiums left and right, perhaps the driving force for USF not building a stadium is that it’s a long term commitment that has zero upside. Either that or the administration that’s always been steps ahead of your school don’t want to make boatloads of money just because they don’t like profit.

On 7/19/2019 at 6:11 PM, Meeps said:

Like I said previously, we honestly don't care what you all do one way or another. You including a picture of a WVU game almost a decade prior in your presentation shows the B12 what exactly? That you can only fill a stadium in the past playing in your eyes a big time program? That doesn't bode well for the present.

You're 2-0 for conference expansion? What exactly do you think your athletic department did that warranted an invite? From what I can see, you had an astute AD who made good decisions but you certainly didn't have a body of work that earned it. Just like Rutgers, you were gifted into the club. 

If you think we all suggest that an OCS is something you shouldn't do, cool. I've experienced time and time again the atmosphere of our "erector set" stadium and it blows the doors off Ray Jay. Why? Because it's ours, B. The aluminium reflects sound and makes it sound twice as loud as a concrete stadium thus enhancing the noise factor and home field advantage and lastly, we are both in the AAC for the foreseeable future. 45,000 is a good number of seats for this league and we can max it. Ray Jay on the other hand never comes remotely filled, it's not yours, the sound is nothing like it is at Spectrum. I recommend making the trip to Orlando come black Friday and experience what the atmosphere is like first hand. It will be sold out again and we will show you just what you're all missing without an OCS.

First off, that was a direct quote from the Orlando Sentinel. I didn't make that up. Secondly, if you are getting hung up on the $4 million mark. The document you included does not go into detail on a per game analysis, however - it is safe to assume that the $3.571 million figure in the report is not the total revenue UCF made through the fiscal year of 2018. A simple calculation of 44,000 seats x $100 dollars per seat (this is a rough average if you combined both seats that sell for $30 and seats that sell for $1000 and averaged them. That would amount to $4.4million for ONE game. That doesn't include food/beverage sales and naming right income etc etc. If you combine our premium seating, (Cabana Club, Roth Tower, Loge suites and playing field level suites) you most certainly can get to the figure he is quoted saying. Here is another direct quote: "It’s no wonder White doesn’t want to schedule two-for-ones and give up a home game and the $3 million in revenue that comes with it." https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/mike-bianchi-commentary/os-sp-ucf-aac-scheduling-mike-bianchi-0519-20190518-ugmegu3u6raotgtuvzoq3br74u-story.html%3foutputType=amp

So to answer your question, yes it is entirely possible that UCF makes $3-4 million per home game after all is said and done and yes it is a cash cow. Why do you think most P5's covet home games so much? Because they are trying to break even or need the home game advantage?

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

39 minutes ago, Meeps said:

First off, that was a direct quote from the Orlando Sentinel. I didn't make that up. Secondly, if you are getting hung up on the $4 million mark. The document you included does not go into detail on a per game analysis, however - it is safe to assume that the $3.571 million figure in the report is not the total revenue UCF made through the fiscal year of 2018. A simple calculation of 44,000 seats x $100 dollars per seat (this is a rough average if you combined both seats that sell for $30 and seats that sell for $1000 and averaged them. That would amount to $4.4million for ONE game. That doesn't include food/beverage sales and naming right income etc etc. If you combine our premium seating, (Cabana Club, Roth Tower, Loge suites and playing field level suites) you most certainly can get to the figure he is quoted saying. Here is another direct quote: "It’s no wonder White doesn’t want to schedule two-for-ones and give up a home game and the $3 million in revenue that comes with it." https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/mike-bianchi-commentary/os-sp-ucf-aac-scheduling-mike-bianchi-0519-20190518-ugmegu3u6raotgtuvzoq3br74u-story.html%3foutputType=amp

So to answer your question, yes it is entirely possible that UCF makes $3-4 million per home game after all is said and done and yes it is a cash cow. Why do you think most P5's covet home games so much? Because they are trying to break even or need the home game advantage?

First off, that was a direct quote from the Orlando Sentinel. I didn't make that up. It is an editorial that has no citation, the columnist made it up.

Secondly, if you are getting hung up on the $4 million mark. Its the number you gave.

The document you included does not go into detail on a per game analysis, however - it is safe to assume that the $3.571 million figure in the report is not the total revenue UCF made through the fiscal year of 2018. Gross does not equal net, it is possible to gross trillions of dollars and still net negative trillions of dollars, see the US government. 

A simple calculation of 44,000 seats x $100 dollars per seat (this is a rough average if you combined both seats that sell for $30 and seats that sell for $1000 and averaged them. That would amount to $4.4million for ONE game. A large portion of your stadium is student tickets that bring in zero dollars, the number of seats that would even be over $100 for a game is in the low thousands(not one seat is over $1K for a game). Roughly 2/3's of your stadium is between $0 -$15 a game, a truer blended average would maybe be around $30 (I am being generous).

image.png.33ca4377e5f40881c47a941d350fbcbe.png

That doesn't include food/beverage sales and naming right income etc etc. If you combine our premium seating, (Cabana Club, Roth Tower, Loge suites and playing field level suites) you most certainly can get to the figure he is quoted saying. I would love to see the data, but once again grossing and making are way different and can still lose you money.

Here is another direct quote: "It’s no wonder White doesn’t want to schedule two-for-ones and give up a home game and the $3 million in revenue that comes with it." https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/mike-bianchi-commentary/os-sp-ucf-aac-scheduling-mike-bianchi-0519-20190518-ugmegu3u6raotgtuvzoq3br74u-story.html%3foutputType=amp This is once again an incited quote of a columnist and is no better than quoting a message-board.

So to answer your question, yes it is entirely possible that UCF makes $3-4 million per home game after all is said and done and yes it is a cash cow.It is possible to make $1.5 million as provided by an actual audit of the actual numbers

Why do you think most P5's covet home games so much? Because they have attendance that is 2x yours, in a stadium that they paid off decades ago, with a fan base paying 5x the amount and with boosters that write large checks that demand it

Because they are trying to break even or need the home game advantage? We rent and we still tried to have 7 home games, as does Pitt, as does Miami as does a quarter of all FBS teams so certainly it must factor into the equation. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,509
  • Days Won:  422

On 7/15/2019 at 6:12 PM, MagicKnightmare said:

Everyone remembers that we shocked the world and took down Baylor in the biggest upset of the BCS era. 

Ran across this, Biggest College Football Upset in Every State (2000-2018), on YouTube and it reminded me of this incredibly stupid statement ... shockingly, to almost no one, the AZ upset wasn't the Kanigits but the BSU over OU win JT mentioned and the MI upset was indeed the App State victory.

Note to Bulls fans if you want to watch the whole video. First, for some reason they didn't have Indiana so no chance for our win to be there. Second, fast forward after Nebraska to New Mexico ...

5 hours ago, puc86 said:

First off, that was a direct quote from the Orlando Sentinel. I didn't make that up. It is an editorial that has no citation, the columnist made it up.

Secondly, if you are getting hung up on the $4 million mark. Its the number you gave.

I stand corrected, the figure is not $3-$4 million per home game. This was my misinterpretation from the quote from Bianchi's column.

The document you included does not go into detail on a per game analysis, however - it is safe to assume that the $3.571 million figure in the report is not the total revenue UCF made through the fiscal year of 2018. Gross does not equal net, it is possible to gross trillions of dollars and still net negative trillions of dollars, see the US government. 

A simple calculation of 44,000 seats x $100 dollars per seat (this is a rough average if you combined both seats that sell for $30 and seats that sell for $1000 and averaged them. That would amount to $4.4million for ONE game. A large portion of your stadium is student tickets that bring in zero dollars, the number of seats that would even be over $100 for a game is in the low thousands(not one seat is over $1K for a game). Roughly 2/3's of your stadium is between $0 -$15 a game, a truer blended average would maybe be around $30 (I am being generous). 

Looks like we were both wrong. Here is a quote: "UCF Athletics reported that football made $3.3 million in revenue from ticket sales last year, according to financial documents. The documents state football accounts for about 79 percent of revenue made from overall ticket sale, which totaled just over $4.1 million in 2017." That's where Bianchi got the $3 to $4 million dollar quote for home games. But instead of it being per game, it's the total revenue generated in the season. While it is certainly disappointing, the bottom line is that we are net positive after all expenses are paid for and the principal is going down on the stadium.

image.png.33ca4377e5f40881c47a941d350fbcbe.png

That doesn't include food/beverage sales and naming right income etc etc. If you combine our premium seating, (Cabana Club, Roth Tower, Loge suites and playing field level suites) you most certainly can get to the figure he is quoted saying. I would love to see the data, but once again grossing and making are way different and can still lose you money.

Here is another direct quote: "It’s no wonder White doesn’t want to schedule two-for-ones and give up a home game and the $3 million in revenue that comes with it." https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/mike-bianchi-commentary/os-sp-ucf-aac-scheduling-mike-bianchi-0519-20190518-ugmegu3u6raotgtuvzoq3br74u-story.html%3foutputType=amp This is once again an incited quote of a columnist and is no better than quoting a message-board.

This is false, see above.

So to answer your question, yes it is entirely possible that UCF makes $3-4 million per home game after all is said and done and yes it is a cash cow.It is possible to make $1.5 million as provided by an actual audit of the actual numbers

Why do you think most P5's covet home games so much? Because they have attendance that is 2x yours, in a stadium that they paid off decades ago, with a fan base paying 5x the amount and with boosters that write large checks that demand it. 

This can't be, you said having an OCS was a money pit. Hence why NFL teams have the cities pay for them. Now you are saying having an OCS is a benefit?

Because they are trying to break even or need the home game advantage? We rent and we still tried to have 7 home games, as does Pitt, as does Miami as does a quarter of all FBS teams so certainly it must factor into the equation. 

I'd love to see what usf makes on their 7 home games from Ray Jay. Surely there has to be data on it.