• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

It's time to go on the record .... (OT drivel from our Kanigit friends)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

Our sailing team sells out cruise ships on the reg .....

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

20 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

Our sailing team sells out cruise ships on the reg .....

$4 million per cruise. It’s a fact.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

15 hours ago, JTrue said:

$4 million per cruise. It’s a fact.

Gross or net?

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  146
  • Days Won:  0

On 8/1/2019 at 3:10 PM, puc86 said:

Close but not exactly the ins and outs from that account are more offsetting than you are presenting and the account seems to be directly related to a form of Big East severance, other than that test that’s the USF balance sheet, I knew you could do it. UCF’s balance sheet seems more stable going forward but it doesn’t seem to be a stadium that’s a huge difference maker. If I were looking at it I would say raise the fees to match and not take on debt. You seem convinced that at some point the stadium will be paid off and net positive I think the history of stadiums says they age more like bread than fine wine and will be in need of a constant stream of costly repairs.  

So if the difference in revenue is not directly attributed to having an OCS, how is UCF's revenue significantly more than USF? The 2018-2019 numbers are going to show a larger and larger gap. Ray Jay is simply giving you guys a deal where you don't make much if any at all on home games. The Big East war chest is running out and Strong's salary is no longer being subsidized. UCF is constantly adding more and more revenue generating premium seating and amenities. If/when they ever do decide to do stadium wide alcohol sales, that number is going to balloon. The stadium will be paid off sooner rather than later and the ensuing maintenance will be a drop in the bucket compared to the interest on the initial loan.

In your defense, I do understand that a stadium with 30k seats is a non-starter. Instead of pretending like usf deserves an NFL quality stadium, why not see the hand writing on the wall and compromise? If not, you guys are going to get lapped.

On 8/1/2019 at 4:46 PM, Triple B said:

You may want to give him a hand then because he's botching up that part royally ...... Stunningly, you seem the "sharper" of the two.

Botching what part up? We've already established that $2-$3 million in revenue per game is being attained. Puc steered the conversation to net versus gross. We've also proven that UCF is coming ahead in the green with making $3+ million in profits after settling the debt from stadium corp. So not only is the stadium being paid off, we're also making money. USF on the other hand is losing several million each year and that's without an OCS that comes with interest and maintenance.

I've moved onto OCS > Renting because we've moved past the initial conversation. That probably went over your head because like most usf fans, living in denial is far more gratifying than facing reality.

Just now, Meeps said:

So if the difference in revenue is not directly attributed to having an OCS, how is UCF's revenue significantly more than USF? The 2018-2019 numbers are going to show a larger and larger gap. Ray Jay is simply giving you guys a deal where you don't make much if any at all on home games. The Big East war chest is running out and Strong's salary is no longer being subsidized. UCF is constantly adding more and more revenue generating premium seating and amenities. If/when they ever do decide to do stadium wide alcohol sales, that number is going to balloon. The stadium will be paid off sooner rather than later and the ensuing maintenance will be a drop in the bucket compared to the interest on the initial loan.

In your defense, I do understand that a stadium with 30k seats is a non-starter. Instead of pretending like usf deserves an NFL quality stadium, why not see the hand writing on the wall and compromise? If not, you guys are going to get lapped.

You collect more student fees and your attendance is up on us across the board because your football and basketball teams are performing better than they had in the history of the programs. When you fall back to 0-12 the numbers will not be particularly favorable regardless of where you play the games. Not long ago your OCS was a ghost town and since no one blamed the OCS for your attendance woes I’m not exactly sure how it gets all the credit for your current boom. It’s kind of like g-d I guess. If something goes right it’s all because of them and if something goes wrong it’s the devil. But didn’t g-d make the the devil? So what who cares, not there fault.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Meeps said:

Botching what part up? We've already established that $2-$3 million in revenue per game is being attained. Puc steered the conversation to net versus gross. We've also proven that UCF is coming ahead in the green with making $3+ million in profits after settling the debt from stadium corp. So not only is the stadium being paid off, we're also making money. USF on the other hand is losing several million each year and that's without an OCS that comes with interest and maintenance.

I've moved onto OCS > Renting because we've moved past the initial conversation. That probably went over your head because like most usf fans, living in denial is far more gratifying than facing reality.

Because if I make $5 it’s implied that I have $5 to spend at the end ( also it hasn’t been shown even close that $3 million is grossed). If Usf games are netting $3 million but we have to give all the food money back and pay rental fees it’s not any different on a balance sheet than if you are paying out all but $1.3 million of the gross for the entire season. Top dollar only uses to matter if you were an internet company looking to sell but in the real world you are what your profits say you are. As I’ve pointed out the US government brings in trillions of dollars but at the end of the day ends up negative trillions in the hole, no one thinks that’s better than bringing in a trillion dollars and ending up billions in the black. Let’s pretend UCF brings in $3 million a game but their expenses were more than $3 million a game would it be beneficial to try to bring in more of the $3 million dollar days? No of course not, why? Because profit is all that matters.

4 minutes ago, puc86 said:

You collect more student fees and your attendance is up on us across the board because your football and basketball teams are performing better than they had in the history of the programs. When you fall back to 0-12 the numbers will not be particularly favorable regardless of where you play the games. Not long ago your OCS was a ghost town and since no one blamed the OCS for your attendance woes I’m not exactly sure how it gets all the credit for your current boom. It’s kind of like g-d I guess. If something goes right it’s all because of them and if something goes wrong it’s the devil. But didn’t g-d make the the devil? So what who cares, not there fault.

You kind of just proved our point. You said the difference is between our programs is based on the increased athletic fee's collected due to having a larger student body. "When you fall back to 0-12 the numbers will not be particularly favorable regardless of where you play the games" Does our student body population fluctuate based on what the football team is doing? The fee's collected when the team is doing well shouldn't be a major factor based on everything you've been saying.

Why would anyone blame the OCS due to a significant drop in attendance? Our coach basically mailed it in and the team essentially gave up. People aren't keen on spending money when that situation occurs (see usf's bowl attendance last year).

1 minute ago, Meeps said:

You kind of just proved our point. You said the difference is between our programs is based on the increased athletic fee's collected due to having a larger student body. "When you fall back to 0-12 the numbers will not be particularly favorable regardless of where you play the games" Does our student body population fluctuate based on what the football team is doing? The fee's collected when the team is doing well shouldn't be a major factor based on everything you've been saying.

Why would anyone blame the OCS due to a significant drop in attendance? Our coach basically mailed it in and the team essentially gave up. People aren't keen on spending money when that situation occurs (see usf's bowl attendance last year).

They are separate ideas. 1) you collect more student fees 2) you have a temporary attendance boom from success. Neither the fees nor the boom can be attributed to an OCS and both can exist sans an OCS. That you have had poor attendance in your OCS is further proof that an OCS is not the magic bullet that is suggested.

5 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Because if I make $5 it’s implied that I have $5 to spend at the end ( also it hasn’t been shown even close that $3 million is grossed). If Usf games are netting $3 million but we have to give all the food money back and pay rental fees it’s not any different on a balance sheet than if you are paying out all but $1.3 million of the gross for the entire season. Top dollar only uses to matter if you were an internet company looking to sell but in the real world you are what your profits say you are. As I’ve pointed out the US government brings in trillions of dollars but at the end of the day ends up negative trillions in the hole, no one thinks that’s better than bringing in a trillion dollars and ending up billions in the black. Let’s pretend UCF brings in $3 million a game but their expenses were more than $3 million a game would it be beneficial to try to bring in more of the $3 million dollar days? No of course not, why? Because profit is all that matters.

I think you're spinning your tires on this. It's a fact that after all the gross revenue and expenses come in, UCF is still making $3 million in profit (not per game, but at the end of the year). That number would be much higher but we keep adding more things to the stadium that have to be paid off first (comes out of the total profits) plus we owe several million in interest each year. It's also a fact that at the end of the year, usf is losing several million dollars that has to be subsidized.