• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

It's time to go on the record .... (OT drivel from our Kanigit friends)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

Just now, Triple B said:

We're looking at a thread of AW proportions before that has a chance  ....

I feel like I’m already pot committed plus it gives the main board a little reprieve from my typical arguments and antics. Lost causes are the only ones worth fighting for and at least this fight isn’t Bull on Bull. Some would say maybe just not fight on the internet at all but it would probably be easier to give up breathing.

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  146
  • Days Won:  0

54 minutes ago, Triple B said:

If you have moved on it's because you gave up trying to actually prove it, because you certainly haven't ...... that part hasn't gone over my head.

Do you find that throwing insults at people and offering zero to discussions, works in real life? In addition to the barrage of insults, you come across like you've actually proven something. Here's a newsflash - you haven't offered a single thing to disprove anything of what I or SquareKnight have presented. Instead, you have rode Puc's coat tails, all the while ignoring all the facts we've thrown your way. 

It's absolutely comical that you think I haven't proved my point and then some. But this is to be expected from someone like you where rationale and discourse is clearly above your capability. Now that i've exposed just how inept you are, i'm sure the next step for you is to remove me from the board. Then again, that would just prove my point.

1 hour ago, puc86 said:

What if it makes sense for us to be fine with that? Is it completely unfathomable to  you that circumstances dictated to you that it was in your best interest to build a stadium but circumstances could dictate that it’s in our best interest to rent RayJay?

If you truly believe that, hey - that's great. I know there are a number of members here who disagree with that notion. Enjoy rearranging chairs on the deck of the titanic. Like I mentioned before, you should pay a visit to Orlando and see for yourself what an OCS does for a program before you make any lasting judgement.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

30 minutes ago, Meeps said:

If you truly believe that, hey - that's great. I know there are a number of members here who disagree with that notion. Enjoy rearranging chairs on the deck of the titanic. Like I mentioned before, you should pay a visit to Orlando and see for yourself what an OCS does for a program before you make any lasting judgement.

We are both on the same titanic, you just happened to pack a giant anchor with you. The AAC and being G5 is what’s dragging us down and not our stadium situation. It’s not simple for you to understand because while this is the worst conference situation we have been in it’s sadly the best you have ever had. If some conference decides you know what we need? A high school stadium to force our fans to travel to then you will be right and I will be wrong but to date we seem to have done a much better job of figuring out what conferences want, but don’t fret your little head because I’m sure this will be the time you finally get it right and we get wrong.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,529
  • Days Won:  422

1 hour ago, puc86 said:

I feel like I’m already pot committed plus it gives the main board a little reprieve from my typical arguments and antics.

Actually, I've been meaning to throw props Meeps and Square's way for this accomplishment ....

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, puc86 said:

We are both on the same titanic, you just happened to pack a giant anchor with you. The AAC and being G5 is what’s dragging us down and not our stadium situation. It’s not simple for you to understand because while this is the worst conference situation we have been in it’s sadly the best you have ever had. If some conference decides you know what we need? A high school stadium to force our fans to travel to then you will be right and I will be wrong but to date we seem to have done a much better job of figuring out what conferences want, but don’t fret your little head because I’m sure this will be the time you finally get it right and we get wrong.

What high school stadiums have 44,000 seats? Hint: there aren't any. However, there are several P5 teams that don't even have stadiums with as many seats as we have. Furthermore, the stadium was built from the ground up with the capability of going to 65,000. But, you know - facts and all that be damned. 

Saying this AAC is the best for us and the worst for you, is a red herring and has zero to do with the current discussion. If what you guys are doing is superior, why is usf never a front runner in expansion discussions? If usf is mentioned, it is ALWAYS in conjunction with UCF. However, there are plenty of references saying UCF + Cinci/Houston makes more sense.

As for saying your program has done a better job at figuring out what conferences, what specifically has usf done? That's like saying, well - I played the lottery and won. It wasn't luck, I am just good!! If you think this time we'll get it right, and you won't - then I guess there is a part of you that believes we've done something superior. Care to shed some light on that? 

51 minutes ago, Meeps said:

Do you find that throwing insults at people and offering zero to discussions, works in real life? In addition to the barrage of insults, you come across like you've actually proven something. Here's a newsflash - you haven't offered a single thing to disprove anything of what I or SquareKnight have presented. Instead, you have rode Puc's coat tails, all the while ignoring all the facts we've thrown your way.

You and Square are fighting different battles.

I've ignored all the "facts" you've thrown this way because none of them have proved a thing toward an ocs being better for us than renting at this time. We are at a different place than you were when you built yours, and are at a different place than you now, but you refuse to recognize that. As far as riding puc's coattails, we all have different ways of getting points across. Puc's way is the long and winding, somewhat tedious at times, one like yours. My way is to go through and mine puc's stuff for Cliff Notes versions that maybe will get through to you quicker. Both approaches seem to be failing woefully.

1 hour ago, Meeps said:

i'm sure the next step for you is to remove me from the board. Then again, that would just prove my point.

First, I can't remove you. Second, you are providing an invaluable service board and I would be negligent in my duties to hamper that.

Just now, Triple B said:

You and Square are fighting different battles.

I've ignored all the "facts" you've thrown this way because none of them have proved a thing toward an ocs being better for us than renting at this time. We are at a different place than you were when you built yours, and are at a different place than you now, but you refuse to recognize that. As far as riding puc's coattails, we all have different ways of getting points across. Puc's way is the long and winding, somewhat tedious at times, one like yours. My way is to go through and mine puc's stuff for Cliff Notes versions that maybe will get through to you quicker. Both approaches seem to be failing woefully.

First, I can't remove you. Second, you are providing an invaluable service board and I would be negligent in my duties to hamper that.

I stand corrected, you are capable of producing a post without being disparaging in the process. Puc's way involves producing points and counterpoints, yours posts fail to address anything specifically. One could say your approach is the ol' college group project effort. Supply a bunch of fluff and see if anything sticks. When that fails, use name calling as a distraction. Both approaches failed woefully because there hasn't been a single thing either of you have said that has shown why renting is superior in any way, regardless of where our two programs are or have been. On the other hand, we've provided a myriad of reasons why an OCS is better from both a financial and fan standpoint. We'll just have to agree to disagree since you vehemently think we're wrong, and facts be damned.

36 minutes ago, Meeps said:

On the other hand, we've provided a myriad of reasons why an OCS is better from both a financial and fan standpoint.

You have not provided ANY fact based reasons why an ocs would be financially better for USF.

From a fan standpoint, we all agree it would be a much better USF centric experience and it will be easier for our lazier students to get to a game. There are no other fact based reasons.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Guys...a stadium is a cash cow. If they weren’t such a slam dunk, St. Pete and Tampa wouldn’t be fighting over who gets to build the Rays their new stadium.