• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

It's time to go on the record .... (OT drivel from our Kanigit friends)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

16 minutes ago, Meeps said:

And yet in this decade we are 4-2 with a high probability of being 5-2. Enjoy the record while it lasts. We also have dominated you every War and I4 since it's inception. The pendulum has completely shifted and you're living in the past recalling the glory days.

I’m sorry for not consulting you on what date range you would like to self select. I get that you believe your very recent success will be eternal but history doesn’t exactly speak to that. The season prior to your current run we beat you down so bad your coach literally cried about how bad we beat you. You have two years of success and now you act like somehow you have become a dynasty like Alabama even though probability suggests this is but a flash in the pan.

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  146
  • Days Won:  0

6 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Money may not be synonymous with records but it is synonymous with viability. As they continue to make more of it and more than likely continue to separate themselves from the NCAA and the G5 things will continue to look increasingly bleak for the P6 business model. There isn’t a team in the P5 that would trade their position for your recent success because time is on their side, while we are in the AAC it’s not on ours.

I don't buy that for a second. Rutgers is never going to accomplish anything other than being a doormat. Same goes for Vandy, Duke, Wake Forest, Baylor, Iowa State and the list goes on and on ... Some P5 are P5 in name only. I don't know of a single person that would rather watch their team strive to be bowl eligible as a barometer of success versus be in the national spotlight being undefeated and constantly on the lips of ESPN.

As far as things looking bleak, I agree there is more of a separation occurring more than ever before. In the end, I think the playoffs will expand to 16 and the glass ceiling won't be so low as it is now. It is true that more money allows for a multitude of advantages, it is not the primary thing the equates to success. Geographic location, smart investments into athletics and good hires are far more important than having more money than you know what to do with it. 

1 minute ago, Meeps said:

I don't buy that for a second. Rutgers is never going to accomplish anything other than being a doormat. Same goes for Vandy, Duke, Wake Forest, Baylor, Iowa State and the list goes on and on ... Some P5 are P5 in name only. I don't know of a single person that would rather watch their team strive to be bowl eligible as a barometer of success versus be in the national spotlight being undefeated and constantly on the lips of ESPN.

As far as things looking bleak, I agree there is more of a separation occurring more than ever before. In the end, I think the playoffs will expand to 16 and the glass ceiling won't be so low as it is now. It is true that more money allows for a multitude of advantages, it is not the primary thing the equates to success. Geographic location, smart investments into athletics and good hires are far more important than having more money than you know what to do with it. 

Multiple times you guys have lost every game and now you think you may never lose again. Being in the P5 gives you the money and stability to right the ship where as there is nothing in the control of any AAC team that will give them the things the P5 have. The P5 learned that they can make a ton of money and harness all the power by having their own playoff system, maybe they will decide to toss the G5 a bone but more than likely they will have learned that they do not have to and they can make more money if they don't. Baylor has had success, so has Rutgers, Wake Forrest and just about every team you mentioned. If they think they are a coach away they can take your coach tomorrow you on the other hand would need to build 30 of your current stadiums at your current success to even come close to the dollars they get just for being in the conference they are in. Football success is temporary and cyclical for most programs (some shorter cycles some longer cycles) but P5 money just seems to be going up, no one on the planet would trade that financial security and program stability for any amount of wins over a short run.  

6 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I’m sorry for not consulting you on what date range you would like to self select. I get that you believe your very recent success will be eternal but history doesn’t exactly speak to that. The season prior to your current run we beat you down so bad your coach literally cried about how bad we beat you. You have two years of success and now you act like somehow you have become a dynasty like Alabama even though probability suggests this is but a flash in the pan.

You should be sorry. You have 2 more overall wins on our program. And yet, there isn't a single bull on this board that if afforded the opportunity to trade those 2 extra wins for all the hardware we've acquired, the notoriety from the national media, GameDay visiting the campus and the prestige of the program, would they elect to hold onto those wins. So yes, your point is moot. But, continue holding onto the overall record as if that trumps the latter.

Meanwhile, the trend based on what is actually happening now and going forward shows that we are better positioned to maintain the success. But wait, pardon me, you guys have a new division II OC that is going to not only wipe away your abysmal 6 game losing spree, and now you're going to beat all your hard games without his offense being played vs a single Division I team. You'll have to excuse me while I let out a hearty chortle. We beat you all badly with a backup QB who had next to no game experience. And the player you guys took out last year? He'll be on the sideline juicing up the team come black Friday. 

Our coach cried about it? Looks like you beat us good in 2015. The same year our HC quit several games before we played you. Congratulations, dominating a winless team without a HC. I guess you'll have to take the small victories as you get them. Don't forget, you guys also are the national champs in mascots!

2 minutes ago, Meeps said:

You should be sorry. You have 2 more overall wins on our program. And yet, there isn't a single bull on this board that if afforded the opportunity to trade those 2 extra wins for all the hardware we've acquired, the notoriety from the national media, GameDay visiting the campus and the prestige of the program, would they elect to hold onto those wins. So yes, your point is moot. But, continue holding onto the overall record as if that trumps the latter.

Meanwhile, the trend based on what is actually happening now and going forward shows that we are better positioned to maintain the success. But wait, pardon me, you guys have a new division II OC that is going to not only wipe away your abysmal 6 game losing spree, and now you're going to beat all your hard games without his offense being played vs a single Division I team. You'll have to excuse me while I let out a hearty chortle. We beat you all badly with a backup QB who had next to no game experience. And the player you guys took out last year? He'll be on the sideline juicing up the team come black Friday. 

Our coach cried about it? Looks like you beat us good in 2015. The same year our HC quit several games before we played you. Congratulations, dominating a winless team without a HC. I guess you'll have to take the small victories as you get them. Don't forget, you guys also are the national champs in mascots!

It was 3 years ago against your best coach in program history as we had just won for the second time in a row. Now you guys have managed that same winning streak and you think it will somehow waterfall into winning from here on out, spoiler alert it probably won't. 

3 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Multiple times you guys have lost every game and now you think you may never lose again. Being in the P5 gives you the money and stability to right the ship where as there is nothing in the control of any AAC team that will give them the things the P5 have. The P5 learned that they can make a ton of money and harness all the power by having their own playoff system, maybe they will decide to toss the G5 a bone but more than likely they will have learned that they do not have to and they can make more money if they don't. Baylor has had success, so has Rutgers, Wake Forrest and just about every team you mentioned. If they think they are a coach away they can take your coach tomorrow you on the other hand would need to build 30 of your current stadiums at your current success to even come close to the dollars they get just for being in the conference they are in. Football success is temporary and cyclical for most programs (some shorter cycles some longer cycles) but P5 money just seems to be going up, no one on the planet would trade that financial security and program stability for any amount of wins over a short run.  

Tell that to Scott Frost who turned down multiple P5 programs to come to UCF. Coaches are willing to come to G5 teams where the probability of winning is higher due to recruiting advantages; than settling for cellar dwellar programs like Wake and and Vanderbilt that have little to no chance of being successful. And no, none of the teams I mentioned are relevant or have been relevant 30+ years. 

Also in case you missed it the first time, stadium cost is not proportional to the money spent versus what you get. Are more expensive stadiums nicer? Sure. Are they exponentially nicer? Nope. The only success Baylor had was eviscerated by the 2013 UCF team before falling back to mediocrity.

Football might by cyclical but in the history of your program, you have never won a BCS/NY6, Conference championship, division title or anything of note. So I guess you're right, that cycle continues on and on.

2 minutes ago, puc86 said:

It was 3 years ago against your best coach in program history as we had just won for the second time in a row. Now you guys have managed that same winning streak and you think it will somehow waterfall into winning from here on out, spoiler alert it probably won't. 

You're bragging about a 48-31 win after coming off a winless season and having a new coach? Ok. UCF fans are fully aware that this could be a down year depending on how Wimbush performs. But in no way do I think we lose more then 3-4 games this year. We also have a freshman QB that is outperforming a senior that put Tua/KZ to shame in stats. As long as you don't take him out as well, there is a good chance UCF ends up with the overall record in the next 3-4 years.

Just now, Meeps said:

You're bragging about a 48-31 win after coming off a winless season and having a new coach? Ok. UCF fans are fully aware that this could be a down year depending on how Wimbush performs. But in no way do I think we lose more then 3-4 games this year. We also have a freshman QB that is outperforming a senior that put Tua/KZ to shame in stats. As long as you don't take him out as well, there is a good chance UCF ends up with the overall record in the next 3-4 years.

I was not bragging about it just pointing out your coach cried about it. Strangely we switched coaches after that year and for some reason in your mind that doesn't discount your major current two game winning streak, odd. Sure maybe you will take the overall lead in a few years but there is also a pretty good chance the gap will widen. 

1 minute ago, puc86 said:

I was not bragging about it just pointing out your coach cried about it. Strangely we switched coaches after that year and for some reason in your mind that doesn't discount your major current two game winning streak, odd. Sure maybe you will take the overall lead in a few years but there is also a pretty good chance the gap will widen. 

I didn't discount it. I just find it hilarious that you think you're two wins this decade is impressive. One was a freebie (2015) and 2016 was a 1 score game at half-time. Given the circumstances that the team came off a winless season and had a brand new coach, I would say it was pretty impressive that they managed to hold the game that close until you guys pulled away in the second half. I was expecting a much more lopsided game.

Are you insinuating that because Strong came in 2017, that is comparable to our 2016 situation? Strong inherited an 11-2 team with the best QB (Quinton Flowers) you guys have ever had. Frost had a true Freshman QB and basically had to rebuild the team from scratch.

Where is this proof this proof that he cried about it afterwards?

19 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Actually, there isn't a pretty good chance the gap will widen. I have no doubt Kerwin Bell is going to do good things for your offense, but UCF has consistently had better recruiting classes, Strong is 0-3 vs UCF and we landed a QB that is light years ahead of whatever QB you guys have/will have. Heupel is locked in for for another 2 years before his buyout is somewhat palatable which means stability in recruiting and confidence in the staff by the players.

I can see us starting with Wimbush but our true Freshman QB Dillon Gabriel will end up becoming the starter at some point because he has Trevor Lawrence level swagger. Heupel was a Heisman QB, he knows how to coach QB's. Dillon Gabriel is absolutely going to be a machine. We have one of if not the best offensive line in the conference and we just got some studs on the D-line. You guys have a tough start and a tough finish, that should play nicely in our favor.