• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

It's time to go on the record .... (OT drivel from our Kanigit friends)

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,463
  • Days Won:  422

Peeps, although 100 more pages of you droning on and whining about this would be mildly entertaining, how about we leave it like this. An ocs is a better option, financially, long term but at this point in time USF has decided, and most concerned parties agree, that an ipf is a more critical NEED and that’s where we are. 

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  146
  • Days Won:  0

3 hours ago, Triple B said:

Peeps, although 100 more pages of you droning on and whining about this would be mildly entertaining, how about we leave it like this. An ocs is a better option, financially, long term but at this point in time USF has decided, and most concerned parties agree, that an ipf is a more critical NEED and that’s where we are. 

The necessity of an IPF was never in question. I appreciate - if nothing else, you're consistent. It's kind of a shame we've hit the end of the line. I was really hoping you'd at least attempt to rebut why renting was better, but it's clear you never believed that in the first place, and neither does Puc. Hopefully you guys will figure it out before the chairs realign in 2024 and if not, i'll be interested to see how that works out for you come realignment time.

Also, give me access to the main forums. You said my presence was a nice change from bull on bull in-fighting. Let me spread the wealth. 😊 C'mon, there's nothing like a good ol fashion gang jumping every now and then.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

4 minutes ago, Meeps said:

The necessity of an IPF was never in question. I appreciate - if nothing else, you're consistent. It's kind of a shame we've hit the end of the line. I was really hoping you'd at least attempt to rebut why renting was better, but it's clear you never believed that in the first place, and neither does Puc. Hopefully you guys will figure it out before the chairs realign in 2024 and if not, i'll be interested to see how that works out for you come realignment time.

I’ve explained in detail about why I think USF thinks renting is better and I pray to g-d that we don’t build a 45k capacity pos stadium before realignment because there are plenty of P5 schools playing in off campus stadiums but not too many that are playing in stadiums quite like yours. There is no way that you think your OCS is a check in the positive column for you, it’s not even as nice as many high school stadiums.

Just now, puc86 said:

I’ve explained in detail about why I think USF thinks renting is better and I pray to g-d that we don’t build a 45k capacity pos stadium before realignment because there are plenty of P5 schools playing in off campus stadiums but not too many that are playing in stadiums quite like yours. There is no way that you think your OCS is a check in the positive column for you, it’s not even as nice as many high school stadiums.

No you're right Puc, playing in a less than half empty, rented stadium screams P5 worthy. You've got ~15,000 STH sold less than a month before your first game in a 66k seat stadium. That certainly trumps a 45k stadium that is packed while offering a true college football atmosphere. I would bet if you managed to build it; one that has the potential of being expanded on - it would reignite your fan base. And absolutely yes, I do think it's a check. In fact, I think it's directly related to why we are in a better position as a expansion candidate. Herbstreit talked MAD **** about UCF, but when he was here for GameDay and saw first hand what UCF has become, he quickly changed tunes.

Call Spectrum Stadium HS all you want, you just look dumb, when there are multiple quotes of ESPN announcers saying the atmosphere is amazing and I've heard bulls fans commenting on the experience in a positive manner in the 2017 game. But feel free to deny what you have experienced for yourself.

Miami is the only somewhat recent team added to the P5 with an off CS and they haven't done jack since joining the ACC. Look at how fickle that fan base is. You could make a case for Baylor albeit its only 2 miles from the campus but they don't rent NFL stadium.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,327
  • Days Won:  1

22 minutes ago, Meeps said:

I know I'm drifting off topic here, but I love how UCF fans think that they have a golden ticket for conference realignment. 5 years is a long ways away and a lot of things can happen between now and then.

If you want to speculate, I can see the Power 5 going down to the Power 4. The Pac-12 disbands and there will be four power conferences with the conference champion of each conference getting a playoff spot. The Group of 5 programs are left out to play pocket pool with each other... 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,463
  • Days Won:  422

27 minutes ago, Meeps said:

Also, give me access to the main forums. You said my presence was a nice change from bull on bull in-fighting. Let me spread the wealth. 😊 C'mon, there's nothing like a good ol fashion gang jumping every now and then.

Your value to this site is in keeping puc occupied away from the Main board. Granting your request would be counter productive to that end. 

2 minutes ago, Justin C said:

I know I'm drifting off topic here, but I love how UCF fans think that they have a golden ticket for conference realignment. 5 years is a long ways away and a lot of things can happen between now and then.

If you want to speculate, I can see the Power 5 going down to the Power 4. The Pac-12 disbands and there will be four power conferences with the conference champion of each conference getting a playoff spot. The Group of 5 programs are left out to play pocket pool with each other... 

I can certainly see that happening. But it won't be the Pac12, it'll be the B12 with OU going to SEC and TX going independent. TX isn't going to the Pac due the time differential and the B10 makes no sense geographically. Plus they have the longhorn network till 2035 so that would cause a lot of heartburn if they decided to go for the ACC. 

Most of the B12 is comprised of schools that don't pull their weight in viewership compared to what they get paid, so the golden ticket will probably go when/if OU/TX leaves. That doesn't mean the B12 won't still be superior to the AAC with the remnants, especially when the top of the AAC will probably back fill. Perhaps it's the AAC 2.0, but its better than getting left behind.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

12 minutes ago, Meeps said:

No you're right Puc, playing in a less than half empty, rented stadium screams P5 worthy. You've got ~15,000 STH sold less than a month before your first game in a 66k seat stadium. That certainly trumps a 45k stadium that is packed while offering a true college football atmosphere. I would bet if you managed to build it; one that has the potential of being expanded on - it would reignite your fan base. And absolutely yes, I do think it's a check. In fact, I think it's directly related to why we are in a better position as a expansion candidate. Herbstreit talked MAD **** about UCF, but when he was here for GameDay and saw first hand what UCF has become, he quickly changed tunes.

Call Spectrum Stadium HS all you want, you just look dumb, when there are multiple quotes of ESPN announcers saying the atmosphere is amazing and I've heard bulls fans commenting on the experience in a positive manner in the 2017 game. But feel free to deny what you have experienced for yourself.

Miami is the only somewhat recent team added to the P5 with an off CS and they haven't done jack since joining the ACC. Look at how fickle that fan base is. You could make a case for Baylor albeit its only 2 miles from the campus but they don't rent NFL stadium.

I didn't say as nice I said nicer, and I was right and I meant it. As for the stadium debate there is a much better argument to be made that when we played in a real conference against real teams we were able to exceed your current confines than there is that you will miracle your way to a better stadium and then do something you have never done in life. Also you don't remember our old conference mate Pitt? They play in Heinz field, an NFL arrangement much like our own. 

8 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Your value to this site is in keeping puc occupied away from the Main board. Granting your request would be counter productive to that end. 

You and I know full well, Puc cannot be contained.

• Haha 1