• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

It's time to go on the record .... (OT drivel from our Kanigit friends)

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,537
  • Days Won:  422

3 hours ago, bullsonparade said:

This is a interesting experiment to see how many times a UCF fan will keep spouting bs when someone actually takes the time out of the day to fact check their nonsense...

A lot of it isn't even fact checking, it's freaking critical/logical thinking ..... apparently something sorely lacking with their fans here to "school" us.

• Haha 1

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  146
  • Days Won:  0

On 7/29/2019 at 10:37 PM, puc86 said:

Since none of you can google, do basic research or read a balance sheet; we made $5 trillion dollars last season. Now prove me wrong like I did when you guys made an absurd claim also I did prove you don’t even gross $4 million much less make a third of it in an entire season.

Looks like you didn't make $5 trillion. 

https://www.usf.edu/business-finance/resource-management-analysis/documents/operating-budget-17-18.pdf

https://www.usf.edu/business-finance/resource-management-analysis/documents/operating-budget-18-19.pdf

According to this information USF athletics is losing money each year. 

2016-2017 Football related expenses: $10,605,958
2018-2019 Football related expenses: $9,495,317 

https://www.usf.edu/business-finance/resource-management-analysis/documents/operating-budget-17-18.pdf

2016-2017
Total Revenue: $40,594,297
Total Expenditures: $45,727,464

USF had to transfer in $7,316,244 to cover the expenses + whatever.

Ending balance: $2,184,031

2017-2018
Total Revenue: $35,669,815
Total Expenditures: $47,420,315

USF had to transfer in $9,745,777 to cover the expenses + whatever.

Ending balance $203

In contrast:

https://flauditor.gov/pages/nonprofit_forprofit rpts/2017 ucf athletics association inc.pdf

UCF has the following:

Total revenue: $52,394,526
Total expenses: $47,117,670

Total revenue: $57,476,374
Total expenses: $48,901,937

No matter how you slice it, UCF is making significantly more money than usf is. And you guys? You have to have usf academics bail our your athletics each  year by transferring in millions. The cost of your athletics is about to go way up. 2018 and onward are going to show an even larger and larger divide. But keep sticking your head in the sand about renting is a better position for you guys.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

14 minutes ago, Meeps said:

Looks like you didn't make $5 trillion. 

https://www.usf.edu/business-finance/resource-management-analysis/documents/operating-budget-18-19.pdf

According to this information USF athletics is losing money each year. 

2016-2017 Football related expenses: $10,605,958
2018-2019 Football related expenses: $9,495,317 

2016-2017
Total Revenue: $40,594,297
Total Expenditures: $45,727,464

USF had to transfer in $7,316,244 to cover the expenses + whatever.

Ending balance: $2,184,031

2017-2018
Total Revenue: $35,669,815
Total Expenditures: $47,420,315

USF had to transfer in $9,745,777 to cover the expenses + whatever.

Ending balance $203

In contrast:

https://flauditor.gov/pages/nonprofit_forprofit rpts/2017 ucf athletics association inc.pdf

UCF has the following:

Total revenue: $52,394,526
Total expenses: $47,117,670

Total revenue: $57,476,374
Total expenses: $48,901,937

No matter how you slice it, UCF is making significantly more money than usf is. And you guys? You have to have usf academics bail our your athletics each  year by transferring in millions. The cost of your athletics is about to go way up. 2018 and onward are going to show an even larger and larger divide. But keep sticking your head in the sand about renting is a better position for you guys.

Close but not exactly the ins and outs from that account are more offsetting than you are presenting and the account seems to be directly related to a form of Big East severance, other than that test that’s the USF balance sheet, I knew you could do it. UCF’s balance sheet seems more stable going forward but it doesn’t seem to be a stadium that’s a huge difference maker. If I were looking at it I would say raise the fees to match and not take on debt. You seem convinced that at some point the stadium will be paid off and net positive I think the history of stadiums says they age more like bread than fine wine and will be in need of a constant stream of costly repairs.  

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,537
  • Days Won:  422

12 minutes ago, SquareKnight said:

The discussion with Meeps veered off into whether owning or renting a stadium was better, and I have not studied that data, so I have not weighed in on that discussion.

You may want to give him a hand then because he's botching up that part royally ...... Stunningly, you seem the "sharper" of the two.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,327
  • Days Won:  1

2 hours ago, SquareKnight said:

Crowe, LLC actually understands simple concepts. You apparently don't.  The information I am providing is COMPLETELY compatible with the information Crowe, LLC reported. 

You still don't understand the simple concept that the Stadium Corporation only represents a small portion of the revenue generated for each game.

And, you still don't understand that the ticket revenue reported for the Athletics Association also only represent a portion of the revenue generated for each game.🤫

I am fully aware that the Athletics Association and Stadium Corporation are separate entities for accounting purposes. 

Since I had to do the work for you.... Find the attached 2017 Athletics Association's audit. Chance in net position for 2017 was approx 3.5 million. Again, revenue doesn't mean s***. It's all about net. The article insinuated that UCF is making (profiting, net income, change in net position... Whatever the f*** you want to call it) 2-3 million per game. Which is 🤘💩! If you add the change in net position from the Athletics association to that of the Stadium Corporation; you get approximately 5 million per year change in net position.

Granted, the numbers that I'm using are based off 2017 and not 2018. Can't find 2018s audit, but assume the numbers didn't increase by more than 100%

2017 ucf athletics association inc.pdf

Edited by Justin C

21 minutes ago, SquareKnight said:

First, I never claimed that all of our revenue was profit.  UCF's AD, Danny White never claimed that either.   In response to UCF's reluctance to schedule 2-for-1 football series, Danny White has made two statements (that I am aware of) about how much money a home game is worth. In at least one of those two cases, he used the word "revenue" (which means money taken in)...not the word "make" or "profit" (which would would usually mean a NET gain).

Also, why in the world are you equating the change in NET position for an ENTIRE athletic department, with the profit made in a SINGLE sport (football)?!?!?!?!?

1) I'm referring to the article claiming that UCF football "makes" 2-3 million per game. Which you have been defending those numbers.

2) One could deduct that if UCF has athletic programs that are draining 5-10 million per year from the budget then those programs would be axed. Any negative impact from the other athletic programs are negligible in regard to the overall  net change in position. Football has the greatest budget and the largest impact on change in that position. The other athletic programs are a drop in the bucket.

Your exhausting me and I'm not being compensated for my time spent.

Edited by Justin C

26 minutes ago, SquareKnight said:

You're completely clueless. 

Among the sports that produce ZERO revenue are...

Rowing

Mens & Women's Tennis

Men's & Women's Golf

Women's Cross Country

Women's Track & Field (Both indoor and outdoor seasons)

Cheer/Dance Team

Sports that make a little bit of money on their own ticket sales, but still not enough to pay for the programs...

Women's Basketball

Men's & Women's Soccer

Women's Softball

That's TWELVE sports that depend on profit from football to at least pay part of their expenses.

Prove it with sources.

33 minutes ago, SquareKnight said:

You're completely clueless. 

Among the sports that produce ZERO revenue are...

Rowing

Mens & Women's Tennis

Men's & Women's Golf

Women's Cross Country

Women's Track & Field (Both indoor and outdoor seasons)

Cheer/Dance Team

Sports that make a little bit of money on their own ticket sales, but still not enough to pay for the programs...

Women's Basketball

Men's & Women's Soccer

Women's Softball

That's TWELVE sports that depend on profit from football to at least pay part of their expenses.

When my 5 year old doesn't get his way he'll kick and scream too. I get it.

1 minute ago, SquareKnight said:

So...USF's Tennis, Golf, Softball, Track & Field, Cross Country, Sailing and Soccer teams all make enough money from their own ticket sales to pay all the expenses of those teams??? 🤣🤣 🤣

Not a chance!

You're deflecting away from the original argument. Prove it.

Edited by Justin C

4 minutes ago, SquareKnight said:

OK...how large is the stadium where fans can watch your cross country team, and how much do you charge for a ticket.

Same question for sailing, tennis, soccer, Track & Field, cross country and golf.  If the number of fans x the number tickets sold for each sport does not equal several hundred thousand dollars for the cheaper sports...and over $1 million for the more expensive sports, they are losing mo

Sources?

Edited by Justin C