• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

It's time to go on the record .... (OT drivel from our Kanigit friends)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

1 minute ago, BrassBulls12 said:

Been there man :guinness:

I find myself there frequently in life, it is a character flaw as I cross the line of passion and tenacious and into Don Quixote tilting at windmills.

21 hours ago, SquareKnight said:

Yes...usf fans do come over to the UCF Rivals open board and post. Most are polite, but occasionally we get a few that act like TheBullsPen members.

I guess some people enjoy slumming it.

28 minutes ago, SquareKnight said:

1 ) It is 2017 

Wrong. It is the fiscal year that ended in June 2017 which means it was for the 2016-2017 sports season, which means the 2016 football season. Not sure why such a simple concept is so hard for you to understand.

2) Because I said to take out things like tickets, stadium corp and anything you want to attribute to the stadium (probably unjustly) but when you have to keep student fees, conference payouts, Game Guarantees, Out of State waivers, and a slew of other incomes you can’t attribute any part of to the stadium you will see there is no way to get to $24 million

OK, Let’s use the non-stadium related income numbers from the 2016-2017 fiscal year.

Student Fees: $22.610 million

Contributions (I’ll give YOU the benefit of saying 40% are non-stadium): $2.844 million

Game Tickets (I’ll give YOU the benefit of saying 40% are non-stadium): $1.984 million

Conference & NCAA Distributions: $5.734 million

Tuition fee Waivers: $4.210 million

Sponsorships & Royalties: $3.946 million

Game Guarantees: $1.703 million

Other:  $0.808 million

Total: $43.839million

If you add $22 million to that (Between $2 million and $2.4 million stadium income for tower suites is reported on the Stadium Corp report, not the UCF Athletics report), you get a total of $65.839 million.

We won’t know which one of us is right until 2-3 years from now when the 2019-2020 data is released, but considering that the USA Today database just reported UCF’s 2017-2018 athletic department revenue at $61.968 million (compared to usf’s $45.556 million BTW), I am guessing I will be a lot closer to being right than you are.

https://sports.usatoday.com/ncaa/finances

3) This still has nothing to do with the lucrative profitability of the stadium since the debits on all these lines are almost as large.

How do you know the debits on all these (stadium related) lines are almost as large?  Interest and principle on the stadium bond payments is only about $3.8 million per year.  Even a high end estimate of $250K per game operational expenses only totals $1.5 - $1.75 million per year.

5) Most of the recent profitability seems to be tied to recent success and when you had the stadium but were going 0-12 you were not profitable.

I’ll take a loss one year (if there actually was a loss in 2015)  and profit the other 11 years any day.

I will save you the suspense; I am right. It is your belief that there has been a $9 million dollar increase ($1.5 million a game) in UCF's income and that it is directly attributable to the stadium even though the stadium was still there for the data we are looking at? And that in one year that same exact stadium had a $4 million growth over what you believe was the year before its numbers? Also this still if true (it is not) has nothing to do with how much UCF "makes".  Also once again anyone looking at this balance sheet would not say "I know what to do lets build a stadium". The most logical answer with no risk is take in $5 million more in fees that has no liability. 

Edited by puc86

2 minutes ago, SquareKnight said:

I literally NEVER said a single thing you claim I am saying. 🤦‍♂️

If you add $22 million to that (Between $2 million and $2.4 million stadium income for tower suites is reported on the Stadium Corp report, not the UCF Athletics report), you get a total of $65.839 million.

We won’t know which one of us is right until 2-3 years from now when the 2019-2020 data is released, but considering that the USA Today database just reported UCF’s 2017-2018 athletic department revenue at $61.968 million (compared to usf’s $45.556 million BTW), I am guessing I will be a lot closer to being right than you are.

So where are you claiming the money came from? And if it was not from the stadium why are you discussing it? Because that is kind of what this discussion is about. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,476
  • Days Won:  422

5 hours ago, SquareKnight said:

Go back and watch tape of the game. You will see that it appears exactly as the screenshot above shows. 😎

If true, ESPN has a sharper sense of humor than I ever gave them credit for .....

• Haha 1