• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

It's time to go on the record .... (OT drivel from our Kanigit friends)

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  2,276
  • Days Won:  0

On 7/12/2019 at 12:20 PM, NewEnglandBull said:

Totally disagree. If we win we are called CHAMPIONS...how many times have you heard that about USF football? Quick answer...NEVER. It’s all about winning brother. From an economic view your position is like 1970s USSR...don’t worry about winning...it does not matter...just enjoy breathing and be happy you can do that. This is a repugnant position to take about a college program that you graduated from and follow. I mean, why the hell even bother? 

I think puc never wants to worry about EVERY having to attend a Conf Championship Game on Championship Saturday nor having a full stadium for said game and have ABC broadcast it to the world.

And since he doesn't want to make plans for that Championship Saturday, he obviously never ever wants to worry about traveling to a NYD6 Bowl Game and interrupting his exciting NYE plans.

Pretend you don't care....and when you don't win...you can't be disappointed. (Thats for puc as obviously many of your fans do want to win and they do want to win conf championships which would mean they would have a shot at a NYD6 Game).

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,241
  • Days Won:  255

3 minutes ago, Knight_Light said:

I think puc never wants to worry about EVERY having to attend a Conf Championship Game on Championship Saturday nor having a full stadium for said game and have ABC broadcast it to the world.

And since he doesn't want to make plans for that Championship Saturday, he obviously never ever wants to worry about traveling to a NYD6 Bowl Game and interrupting his exciting NYE plans.

Pretend you don't care....and when you don't win...you can't be disappointed. (Thats for puc as obviously many of your fans do want to win and they do want to win conf championships which would mean they would have a shot at a NYD6 Game).

I would love to go to a NY6 game and value that highly. I question if simply winning the AAC and losing all the marquee games will get us any closer to a NY6 game than winning marquee games and losing the AAC games will. How many marquee losses has UCF had in the seasons where they won the AAC and made it to a NY6 game? My preference is to win every game (which is pretty much where the bar is set for any G5 success) but if we do not get to do that I value games I and the general public hold in higher esteem than I do AAC championships for there own sake (not only as a means to something I value, namely the NY6 game I feel that will not come with a host of marquee losses). You only pretend to care about ****** conference championships and not marquee wins because you have more conference champioships than you do wins against programs anyone cares about at all. Hell we are probably in the top 5 programs you have ever beaten and you are not even in out top 20. Lets go small to start. State schools where we are hands down your best victory and you are behind FSU and Miami on our list. 

• Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  2,276

1 hour ago, puc86 said:

I would love to go to a NY6 game and value that highly. I question if simply winning the AAC and losing all the marquee games will get us any closer to a NY6 game than winning marquee games and losing the AAC games will. How many marquee losses has UCF had in the seasons where they won the AAC and made it to a NY6 game? My preference is to win every game (which is pretty much where the bar is set for any G5 success) but if we do not get to do that I value games I and the general public hold in higher esteem than I do AAC championships for there own sake (not only as a means to something I value, namely the NY6 game I feel that will not come with a host of marquee losses). You only pretend to care about ****** conference championships and not marquee wins because you have more conference champioships than you do wins against programs anyone cares about at all. Hell we are probably in the top 5 programs you have ever beaten and you are not even in out top 20. Lets go small to start. State schools where we are hands down your best victory and you are behind FSU and Miami on our list. 

You can't go to a NYD6 unless you are a Conf Champion of a G5 Conf....and THEN you have to be the highest ranked G5 Conf Champ (like UCF has been lately) so yes, all games are important...but you first have to win your division and then your conf, before you are even eligible to be considered for a NYD6 Bowl spot.

Edited by Knight_Light

3 minutes ago, Knight_Light said:

You can't go to a NYD6 unless you are a Conf Champion of a G5 Conf....and THEN you have to be the highest ranked G5 Conf Champ (like UCF has been lately) so yes, all games are important...but you first have to win your division and then your conf, before you are even eligible to be considered for a NYD6 Bowl spot.

Unless anyone has an example you have to do both. Also the marquee games typically come first so you have to do them before you ever have to worry about a conference championship factoring into anything. If you win the conference and don’t get to go to a NY6 game I don’t think that’s particularly rewarding and I don’t think people will be remembering it for years to come as they would a victory over FSU, Miami, Auburn, Clemson, Notre Dame or countless others. Deep down in your heart of hearts there is no way you would not have traded the 64-12 beating we put down on you for the CUSA championship you got that same year.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2

54 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Unless anyone has an example you have to do both. Also the marquee games typically come first so you have to do them before you ever have to worry about a conference championship factoring into anything. If you win the conference and don’t get to go to a NY6 game I don’t think that’s particularly rewarding and I don’t think people will be remembering it for years to come as they would a victory over FSU, Miami, Auburn, Clemson, Notre Dame or countless others. Deep down in your heart of hearts there is no way you would not have traded the 64-12 beating we put down on you for the CUSA championship you got that same year.

In 2013 UCF lost the marquee regular season game to at the time #12 South Carolina and still went on to win the conference and the (at the time) BCS bowl against Baylor. I would not trade any one of the 8 conference wins that earned us a conference championship and the game against Baylor just to say that we once upon a time beat #12 South Carolina.

Nobody remembers that we lost to South Carolina. Everyone remembers that we shocked the world and took down Baylor in the biggest upset of the BCS era. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,604
  • Content Count:  74,207
  • Days Won:  422

Just a reminder, the Main Board is for USF fans and invited guests only. Knock yourself out over here, though ................

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

35 minutes ago, MagicKnightmare said:

Everyone remembers that we shocked the world and took down Baylor in the biggest upset of the BCS era. 

A) No they don't. B) You're thinking of Boise v. Oklahoma.

• Upvote 3

36 minutes ago, MagicKnightmare said:

In 2013 UCF lost the marquee regular season game to at the time #12 South Carolina and still went on to win the conference and the (at the time) BCS bowl against Baylor. I would not trade any one of the 8 conference wins that earned us a conference championship and the game against Baylor just to say that we once upon a time beat #12 South Carolina.

Nobody remembers that we lost to South Carolina. Everyone remembers that we shocked the world and took down Baylor in the biggest upset of the BCS era. 

That’s because you got to play Baylor, had you lost to both PSU and South Carolina or had South Carolina not been ranked high it’s my contention you wouldn’t have gotten the chance. Also once again it’s a big deal because you got to face and beat Baylor and not because you won the AAC. Had you not faced and beat Baylor no one would have cared or talked about it one more time simply because you won the AAC.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,604
  • Content Count:  74,207
  • Days Won:  422

19 minutes ago, JTrue said:

A) No they don't. B) You're thinking of Boise v. Oklahoma.

C) Michigan v. App State ....... which is more remembered because it occurred when the game actually meant something.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Triple B said:

C) Michigan v. App State ....... which is more remembered because it occurred when the game actually meant something.

It was a conference game?