• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

It's time to go on the record .... (OT drivel from our Kanigit friends)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,241
  • Days Won:  255

8 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Your value to this site is in keeping puc occupied away from the Main board. Granting your request would be counter productive to that end. 

It has forced me to add a 6th talking point, I am not sure how comfortable I am with the idea but it has been entertaining enough for now. Plus

2 minutes ago, Meeps said:

You and I know full well, Puc cannot be contained.

Flattery will get you everywhere in life, I second the motion to allow Meeps main board access on the grounds that he focuses on my favorite topic. 

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  146
  • Days Won:  0

1 minute ago, puc86 said:

I didn't say as nice I said nicer, and I was right and I meant it. As for the stadium debate there is a much better argument to be made that when we played in a real conference against real teams we were able to exceed your current confines than there is that you will miracle your way to a better stadium and then do something you have never done in life. Also you don't remember our old conference mate Pitt? They play in Heinz field, an NFL arrangement much like our own. 

Oh I know what you said. You're just wrong. You're wrong because that BE lineup is never coming back and despite having a P5 come to Ray Jay once or twice a year, most of your opponents will be from the AAC. That fact in of itself is the primary reason Ray Jay is a negative, not a positive. Furthermore, when you host UCF, UF, FSU etc - your stadium still isn't superior than Spectrum. Why? Because there are more opposing fans in the stands. Ray Jay also isn't as close and the field is concrete which absorbs sound. You can re-live the WV of 2007 all you want, but it doesn't come close to how loud Spectrum gets. Again, I don't expect you to believe it - but it doesn't change anything. If you want to witness it first hand come black friday then come back and say - nope, it wasn't even close, feel free. But until then, you're just speculating while myself and countless others have witnessed it first hand. Also, tell that to Cincinatti (starts at 7:40 ) - even the announcers comment about the noise level 8:38. How often do you hear them talk about that on ABC during a football game?

Oh I know what you said. You're just wrong. You're wrong because that BE lineup is never coming back and despite having a P5 come to Ray Jay once or twice a year, most of your opponents will be from the AAC. That fact in of itself is the primary reason Ray Jay is a negative, not a positive. Furthermore, when you host UCF, UF, FSU etc - your stadium still isn't superior than Spectrum. Why? Because there are more opposing fans in the stands. Ray Jay also isn't as close and the field is concrete which absorbs sound. You can re-live the WV of 2007 all you want, but it doesn't come close to how loud Spectrum gets. Again, I don't expect you to believe it - but it doesn't change anything. If you want to witness it first hand come black friday then come back and say - nope, it wasn't even close, feel free. But until then, you're just speculating while myself and countless others have witnessed it first hand. Also, tell that to Cincinatti (starts at 7:40 ) - even the announcers comment about the noise level 8:38. How often do you hear them talk about that on ABC during a football game?

Your argument is in regards to expansion. Sure if you want to settle on being in the AAC (well for you its a step up so it probably doesn't feel like settling) then your stadium is a fine little stadium. You really don't understand how  having larger attendance and a better set of amenities is more valuable to a conference than hey but we own it and we can sometimes get loud? I have been to your stadium for USF games in the past and for some reason the atmosphere was short of electric. Also you ignored the link that showed high school stadiums being more expensive, better constructed, nicer looking and providing more amenities than your less than a HS anchor you have attached yourself to. 

lonelydancer.0.gif

1 hour ago, puc86 said:

Your argument is in regards to expansion. Sure if you want to settle on being in the AAC (well for you its a step up so it probably doesn't feel like settling) then your stadium is a fine little stadium. You really don't understand how  having larger attendance and a better set of amenities is more valuable to a conference than hey but we own it and we can sometimes get loud? I have been to your stadium for USF games in the past and for some reason the atmosphere was short of electric. Also you ignored the link that showed high school stadiums being more expensive, better constructed, nicer looking and providing more amenities than your less than a HS anchor you have attached yourself to. 

lonelydancer.0.gif

Oh I didn't miss it. I ignored it because it didn't prove anything. There aren't any high school stadiums that have remotely 45k capacity. Texas is a die hard HS football state, and just because there are some high school's that shell out 60-70 million doesn't make their stadium inherently better. Not only that, but you are talking about TWO High schools in the whole nation that spent more than we did (60-70 million respectively) and they hold - wait for it, 11,000 and 12,500 people. I can imagine in Puc's mind that because the stadium was so expensive, it's inherently a far better atmosphere despite being 1/4th the seating capacity as our stadium.  The best part is?  One of the most expensive U.S. high school football stadiums ever built is set to reopen this month after undergoing millions of dollars ($10 million) of repairs to fix structural problems that had made it unsafe, officials in the Dallas suburb of Allen said on Monday.

But wait, these stadiums cost more, they must be better! Hmm.. Maybe cost isn't directly proportional to how great a stadium is.

Perfect example: UConn, they spent $91.2 million in 2003 ($124 million in 2018 dollars) and that place is a joke. It's surrounded by cracked concrete everywhere, the stadium is just a bunch of bleachers and its located in the middle of no where. If you've experienced it first hand, you would laugh if I told you how much was spent to build that. Baylor spent $266 million on a 45,000 seat stadium. Colorado state paid $210 million for a 41,000 seat stadium. So I guess the point is, spend way more than you have - because well ya know, it can't compare to 0.01% of HS stadiums in the US.

Oh and BTW, as I was looking for data on these stadium costs - looks like your feasibility study shows that an OCS can turn a NET profit.

"Overall, it is estimated that a new (on-campus stadium) could generate $15.8 million in net operating revenue and incur $4.2 million in operating expenses," the study says, "resulting in a net income of roughly $11.7 million before debt service in first year."

But Puc, how can that be? OCS' are a money sink!? Oh that's right, this line right here: But USF still faces an uphill financial climb if it wants a venue similar to Colorado State's 41,000-seat Canvas Stadium, which cost upwards of $240 million and serves as the de facto template for USF's facility.

So the study acknowledges you could generate money from an OCS as long as its affordable, but your administration decides against it because it has champagne taste on a beer budget. TripleB, you're welcome.

Oh and for good measure, cool - you can post towards the end of our winless season. Here, I can post picture's of your empty stadium as well. The difference? Here's one from one of the best seasons in your programs history AND on senior night with arguably the best team usf has ever fielded. 

DOzmpDEWsAEGrVf?format=jpg&name=4096x409

DOzmpDDWAAAu1it?format=jpg&name=large

26,195 announced. I'm no math major, but that is about 4k. 6k if I am being generous.

Oh I didn't miss it. I ignored it because it didn't prove anything. There aren't any high school stadiums that have remotely 45k capacity. Texas is a die hard HS football state, and just because there are some high school's that shell out 60-70 million doesn't make their stadium inherently better. Not only that, but you are talking about TWO High schools in the whole nation that spent more than we did (60-70 million respectively) and they hold - wait for it, 11,000 and 12,500 people. I can imagine in Puc's mind that because the stadium was so expensive, it's inherently a far better atmosphere despite being 1/4th the seating capacity as our stadium.  The best part is?  One of the most expensive U.S. high school football stadiums ever built is set to reopen this month after undergoing millions of dollars ($10 million) of repairs to fix structural problems that had made it unsafe, officials in the Dallas suburb of Allen said on Monday.

But wait, these stadiums cost more, they must be better! Hmm.. Maybe cost isn't directly proportional to how great a stadium is.

Perfect example: UConn, they spent $91.2 million in 2003 ($124 million in 2018 dollars) and that place is a joke. It's surrounded by cracked concrete everywhere, the stadium is just a bunch of bleachers and its located in the middle of no where. If you've experienced it first hand, you would laugh if I told you how much was spent to build that. Baylor spent $266 million on a 45,000 seat stadium. Colorado state paid $210 million for a 41,000 seat stadium. So I guess the point is, spend way more than you have - because well ya know, it can't compare to 0.01% of HS stadiums in the US.

Oh and BTW, as I was looking for data on these stadium costs - looks like your feasibility study shows that an OCS can turn a NET profit.

"Overall, it is estimated that a new (on-campus stadium) could generate $15.8 million in net operating revenue and incur $4.2 million in operating expenses," the study says, "resulting in a net income of roughly $11.7 million before debt service in first year."

But Puc, how can that be? OCS' are a money sink!? Oh that's right, this line right here: But USF still faces an uphill financial climb if it wants a venue similar to Colorado State's 41,000-seat Canvas Stadium, which cost upwards of $240 million and serves as the de facto template for USF's facility.

So the study acknowledges you could generate money from an OCS as long as its affordable, but your administration decides against it because it has champagne taste on a beer budget. TripleB, you're welcome.

Oh and for good measure, cool - you can post towards the end of our winless season. Here, I can post picture's of your empty stadium as well. The difference? Here's one from one of the best seasons in your programs history AND on senior night with arguably the best team usf has ever fielded. 

DOzmpDEWsAEGrVf?format=jpg&name=4096x409

DOzmpDDWAAAu1it?format=jpg&name=large

26,195 announced. I'm no math major, but that is about 4k. 6k if I am being generous.

Actually in Puc's mind "imagine how ****** a stadium must be when it costs less to make it 4x bigger than ones that were a quarter of the size". Answer: "pretty ******* ******".

1 minute ago, puc86 said:

Actually in Puc's mind "imagine how ****** a stadium must be when it costs less to make it 4x bigger than ones that were a quarter of the size". Answer: "pretty ******* ******".

Ahahaha, Puc - you kill me. Yeah I guess in your mind a Bugatti is also 125x better than a Honda Accord. Sorry, but that's complete BS. There is 1000% a diminishing return on the price differential as stadiums stay small but balloon in cost regarding $200 million stadiums. They aren't inherently 4-5x better. When you sit down at Ray Jay, does it milk your prostate? Because that's about the only way you're going to convince me. 

Also because if you build a $250,000,000 stadium and have a 5.99% apr you would have to pay $17,967,232.68 a year to pay it off in 30 years which would be a net loss of $6.3 Million a year after debt service. 

Just now, Meeps said:

Ahahaha, Puc - you kill me. Yeah I guess in your mind a Bugatti is also 125x better than a Honda Accord. Sorry, but that's complete BS. There is 1000% a diminishing return on the price differential as stadiums stay small but balloon in cost regarding $200 million stadiums. They aren't inherently 4-5x better. When you sit down at Ray Jay, does it milk your prostate? Because that's about the only way you're going to convince me. 

You have to come find out for yourself. I suppose in your mind owning a trailer is better than renting a $15 Million condo, some people value ownership more I guess while others seem to care a little bit more about quality. 

Just now, puc86 said:

You have to come find out for yourself. I suppose in your mind owning a trailer is better than renting a $15 Million condo, some people value ownership more I guess while others seem to care a little bit more about quality. 

Nah, in my mind - I would buy a house I could afford, build equity and upgrade as it made financial sense. You on the other hand seem to think renting at the top end of your budget makes sense. One scenario ends up with someone retiring early, the other one works till they die.

Show me how the quality of Spectrum is 5x less than Colorado State's stadium. Do they have leather recliners instead of bleechers? From a fan standpoint, there isn't going to be a dramatic difference that warrants the massively inflated price tag. You guys are honestly just spoiled and want to move the goal posts whenever someone shows you evidence of it.