• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

It's time to go on the record about the state of the program and transfers...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,520
  • Days Won:  28

56 minutes ago, JTrue said:

Wouldn't this also mean we have 50 old players, 8 old coaches, a coordinator who's last offense was playing against vastly inferior competition, and the same head coach?

I'm very excited to see this team play this year, but ignoring last season is ridiculous.

Or you can look at it as 50 old players who are back with a chip on their shoulder, more EXPERIENCED than they were at this point last summer, that just spent all of this summer working out and practicing. They will spend next month working out and practicing with the 30 new players. Im also good with the 8 old coaches and think we upgraded with the 4 new coaches including our new OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR.  B/c as I recall last year we had a guy name Gilbert who we all hated b/c he was wasting our talent and took MOST of the blame for our lack of success. I also never said "ignore" last season. To me 2018 is simply a "lesson" at this point. Learn what you can learn from it and move on. Funny....Im actually using "last year" as a reason we will have SUCCESS this year 😎 What would the Bullpen do w/o my positive @$$  

Edited by Gatorbull325

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

For this year, I don't give a frack about the out of conference games. The only thing I care about is that we win the division and win the conference for once. We lost to GT, Wisc, BYU I don't care if we get the conference. Then I'll want the bigger wins next year. Heck, we could even lose to SC State and so long as we win the conference I'm ok. So for me where/when we get our wins this year is as important than the number of wins. Tired of early season splash wins and then crapping the bed against this conference.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

25 minutes ago, usf97 said:

I just hope Blake Barnett can stay healthy. 

As long as they don’t try to make him out to be the running QBs of yesteryear he should be fine. He is a pocket QB who should not be a part of design runs.

• Topic Count:  125
  • Content Count:  649
  • Days Won:  0

19 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

As long as they don’t try to make him out to be the running QBs of yesteryear he should be fine. He is a pocket QB who should not be a part of design runs.

Looks like we have a capable backup this year.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

49 minutes ago, usf97 said:

The #6 draft eligible QB...according to Sports Illustrated.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,853
  • Days Won:  67

Just now, JTrue said:

The #6 draft eligible QB...according to Sports Illustrated.

This is his year in a make or break.  I am good with a bootleg or scramble but agree the read options made me cringe.  I couldn’t  tell last year if he has the skill set to get through the progressions timely or this was the reason he was on his third school. Was it all Sterling or does he just not have it or enough of it.  I am glad he is healthy and has the weapons and OC to get his coveted shot.  Hope he makes the most of it.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

2 hours ago, usf97 said:

For real 

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

2 hours ago, usf97 said:

He weighs almost 230 pounds now, I hope the extra padding helps.  But I hope he doesn't take a beating like last year..., some of that was Gilbert and a some the Oline..., so I guess that makes it all Gilbert, he was the OC.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

For this year, I don't give a frack about the out of conference games. The only thing I care about is that we win the division and win the conference for once. We lost to GT, Wisc, BYU I don't care if we get the conference. Then I'll want the bigger wins next year. Heck, we could even lose to SC State and so long as we win the conference I'm ok. So for me where/when we get our wins this year is as important than the number of wins. Tired of early season splash wins and then crapping the bed against this conference.

I was with you until here...  no way we could lose to SC State and win the conference. 

I'll go on record... I would really like to win a conference championship.  People say "it's not important, it's just the AAC"... fudge that! We've never actually won one in any conference.  And to those who don't think winning one would help our national profile, well it did for UCF, Temple, Memphis, and Houston.  I don't care if we drop an out of conference game, win the conference championship and then I'll feel like the program is moving forward.  Easy to say something isn't important when you've never had it.

I think this team is as loaded as the 11-2 team (that was just a competent DC away from possibly being the one).  We have a solid QB and a good OC.  We're returning some defensive depth and experience.  All of the type of guys needed to run the defense are here.  My official prediction is 9-3... but I wouldn't be surprised if this team won 11 or 12 games.

10-3 with bowl

Edited by Calibull
  • Upvote 2