• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

“Big Changes are Coming” Watch

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

48 minutes ago, smazza said:

neither taggart or strong are great coaches---taggart had a better qb by far

it has yet to be seen with Taggart he is still on the upslope of his career trajectory

he is only 42 years old

nick saban was the cleveland browns DC when he was 42

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  3,222
  • Days Won:  8

Taggart wasn't so smart but he hired outside his inner circle when the going got tough and paid consultants.  Interested in what route Charlie will take.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,462
  • Days Won:  25

Taggart also knew that he didn’t know how to run the offense he had to run. So he went to learn.

Edited by BDYZR
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

12 hours ago, The Great 8 said:

It's not really my goal to sit here defending TDS, I was simply making a call out that while they often make vague statements (not quite as vague as the statement you're making) they do it enough that it's clear they have some insider knowledge. Just for some simple examples, they heard Burke was going to be OC before anyone else. They broke that massive changes were coming (a dozen players + 4 coaches certainly is that). They broke very interesting details around the new branding. They confirmed Judy was retiring. They have the best sprint/summer practice reports. They also do (by far) the best breakdown of matchups before and after of any source out there.

Give these guys a break. They're a notch above anyone on this board and care more about the program than anyone at our local paper. Without them the Internet would be a lot worse for Bulls coverage.

It’s okay for you to like them while others recognize they are third rate “journalists” trying to live out their fantasies of being reporters on the internet. I will concede that there would be less Bulls coverage should they disappear but I disagree that it would be worse. They are the US Weekly of the Bulls Universe or a reduced crowd sourcing of the bullspen but with less funny, less information and increased hubris. You can like them all you want for having filled a niche that no one with tallent or information has decided to fill but please do not confuse simply existing for being good. CCS exists as our head football coach....

• Me no likey 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

56 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

Taggart also knew that he didn’t know how to run the offense he had to run. So he went to learn.

Yea and that was the smart move it saved him possibly his head coaching career.

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,705
  • Days Won:  3

On 12/23/2018 at 2:14 PM, The Great 8 said:

Before the TBT made it official (of course Colin was going to be cryptic and not out his sources) people were initially skeptical and then calling him an idiot within days of seeing no changes.

Now that changes are confirmed they're changing the narrative to he wasn't specific enough.

Cool story.

The fact remains, he called this before anyone at TBT because nobody at TBT has any connections and/or don't actually care about the program.

TDS is one of the best sources of data and analysis in the USF verse.

Yes exactly.

On 12/23/2018 at 11:08 PM, usf97 said:

TDS has its place. Sometimes there is value in there. Sometimes it is just a lot of opinion. 

The problem with TDS is Colin is incredibly obnoxious. He is a blowhard and borderline narcissistic.

USF fans basically have 3 sources for USF news. 

The Tampa Bay Times. Which sometimes feels like it is going through the motions but at least you can feel confidant if something is reported then it has been well sourced and is probably accurate. 

TBP provides a lot of good information and doesn't portend to be anything other than a message board. Brad doesn't dominate the discussion, generally people can share whatever they like. Mostly for entertainment like hearing what Smazza or Puc have come up with but sometimes there is new info in here. 

TDS is a nerdboy site. You get some info and a LOT of narrative and opinion force fed to you. It feels like incessant whining and complaining.  I am glad it exists but I can only handle so much of it. I actually feel sorry for those guys when I hear the amount of energy, time and negative emotions that they put into this for little return. They don't know it but their obsession with USF and a game is kind of ruining their lives. 

That's your opinion and that's fine but my opinion is the TDS puts forth the most effort of any of the USF new sources. It is funny because i think TBP provides much much more opinion (as by nature, a message board should) but I have been coming around much less because quite frankly most of the opinions here lately have been toxic. I visit TDS and follow on twitter much more regularly which is a big shift for me over the last 2 years. 

14 hours ago, The Great 8 said:

It's not really my goal to sit here defending TDS, I was simply making a call out that while they often make vague statements (not quite as vague as the statement you're making) they do it enough that it's clear they have some insider knowledge. Just for some simple examples, they heard Burke was going to be OC before anyone else. They broke that massive changes were coming (a dozen players + 4 coaches certainly is that). They broke very interesting details around the new branding. They confirmed Judy was retiring. They have the best sprint/summer practice reports. They also do (by far) the best breakdown of matchups before and after of any source out there.

Give these guys a break. They're a notch above anyone on this board and care more about the program than anyone at our local paper. Without them the Internet would be a lot worse for Bulls coverage.

After all the Joey hate, it is so funny to find even more for the TDS. Certain members of this forum just love to keep ******** all over the few news sources we have still covering us. I agree with you give these guys a break, or pony up and put better content out there otherwise they will quit and we will have nothing. TBP has really made me want to stay far far away from our "fan base" this year. Sickening. The culture of the program AND the fan base needs to change. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  3,233
  • Days Won:  8

2 hours ago, puc86 said:

It’s okay for you to like them while others recognize they are third rate “journalists” trying to live out their fantasies of being reporters on the internet. I will concede that there would be less Bulls coverage should they disappear but I disagree that it would be worse. They are the US Weekly of the Bulls Universe or a reduced crowd sourcing of the bullspen but with less funny, less information and increased hubris. You can like them all you want for having filled a niche that no one with tallent or information has decided to fill but please do not confuse simply existing for being good. CCS exists as our head football coach....

Ouch! That boys and girls is the definition of a "Simily".

Edited by Azmodi

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,686
  • Days Won:  108

22 minutes ago, Azmodi said:

Ouch! That boys and girls is the definition of a "Simily".

Okay, again with the spelling? or am I just old and never heard of that word.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

1 hour ago, SpeedyBull said:

Yes exactly.

That's your opinion and that's fine but my opinion is the TDS puts forth the most effort of any of the USF new sources. It is funny because i think TBP provides much much more opinion (as by nature, a message board should) but I have been coming around much less because quite frankly most of the opinions here lately have been toxic. I visit TDS and follow on twitter much more regularly which is a big shift for me over the last 2 years. 

After all the Joey hate, it is so funny to find even more for the TDS. Certain members of this forum just love to keep ******** all over the few news sources we have still covering us. I agree with you give these guys a break, or pony up and put better content out there otherwise they will quit and we will have nothing. TBP has really made me want to stay far far away from our "fan base" this year. Sickening. The culture of the program AND the fan base needs to change. 

They are journalism groupies which is worse than being a bad journalist just as being an assistant crack whore is worse than being an actual crack whore. It would be one thing if they fanboyed over the players and coaches but they also fanboy over the other media types like JK, to the extent that they brag about keeping a spreadsheet of announced vs actual attendance. They beg for acceptance at a shameful level that makes it clear that they will pander for any level of acceptance from anyone. When I see any of them or read anything they create I am immediately filled with sadness.

Edited by puc86
  • Haha 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,604
  • Days Won:  424

16 hours ago, The Great 8 said:

They broke that massive changes were coming (a dozen players + 4 coaches certainly is that).

The fact that you think saying big changes are coming is "breaking" news is a testament to the sad state of information dissemination in these times. TDS is not much more than a USF gossip site, which obviously does have a place for those that want that stuff, but they can't hold a candle to places like TBT for honest to goodness USF news from an outside source.