• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

“Big Changes are Coming” Watch

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,322
  • Days Won:  2

42 minutes ago, usf97 said:

TDS has its place. Sometimes there is value in there. Sometimes it is just a lot of opinion. 

The problem with TDS is Colin is incredibly obnoxious. He is a blowhard and borderline narcissistic.

USF fans basically have 3 sources for USF news. 

The Tampa Bay Times. Which sometimes feels like it is going through the motions but at least you can feel confidant if something is reported then it has been well sourced and is probably accurate. 

TBP provides a lot of good information and doesn't portend to be anything other than a message board. Brad doesn't dominate the discussion, generally people can share whatever they like. Mostly for entertainment like hearing what Smazza or Puc have come up with but sometimes there is new info in here. 

TDS is a nerdboy site. You get some info and a LOT of narrative and opinion force fed to you. It feels like incessant whining and complaining.  I am glad it exists but I can only handle so much of it. I actually feel sorry for those guys when I hear the amount of energy, time and negative emotions that they put into this for little return. They don't know it but their obsession with USF and a game is kind of ruining their lives. 

I feel that Chris Torello is a good source as well. Some would argue this but he’s actually really knowledgeable about USF football. Sometimes his hot takes get a bit obnoxious but a lot of the information he provides is good. Also keep in mind that he’s not a USF beat writer, so you’ll see things from other schools posted. 

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

I used to follow Chris, and will again sometime, but I decided to start dropping people from following if they were going to weave politics into their sports twitter.  We have a separate board for it for a reason.

News outlets and sources are far fewer as interest has waned over the years. 

I would love for us to find some up and comers that would like to "report" on the Bulls.  I know the other sites offer "press box access" as the incentive.  There sure isn't a whole lot of cash it in for anyone at this time.

I tried to hire a former Tampa Trib guy, he wanted to charge $200/story.  Could you imagine how long we'd last before we'd have to sell off assets (domain name, office furniture at world wide headquarters) to pay the writer?  Geeez.  Every story better have a happy ending for that price.

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

53 minutes ago, Brad said:

I used to follow Chris, and will again sometime, but I decided to start dropping people from following if they were going to weave politics into their sports twitter.  We have a separate board for it for a reason.

News outlets and sources are far fewer as interest has waned over the years. 

I would love for us to find some up and comers that would like to "report" on the Bulls.  I know the other sites offer "press box access" as the incentive.  There sure isn't a whole lot of cash it in for anyone at this time.

I tried to hire a former Tampa Trib guy, he wanted to charge $200/story.  Could you imagine how long we'd last before we'd have to sell off assets (domain name, office furniture at world wide headquarters) to pay the writer?  Geeez.  Every story better have a happy ending for that price.

You’ve been out of the game for a while apparently... you can get a happy ending for as little as $40

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,677
  • Days Won:  108

4 hours ago, Grateful Dad said:

That was not my intent, but I welcome the criticism.  Never to late to learn.

too late to learn.  But you are educated and above others.

It seems to me that the fans don't matter to CCS.  He wants them to show up.  But he doesn't want to let us know what is behind the suspensions (other than the team rules garbage).  He doesn't want to tell us anything on the radio show or at press conferences that any one couldn't guess he would say.  I may have said this earlier this year but he doesn't show up for the Iron Bull events yet asks us to show up for the games and give more money.  Part of the job is PR.  It just is.  If he doesn't like that then go back to being a coordinator.  

• Like 2

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,533
  • Days Won:  422

1 hour ago, CousinRicky said:

It seems to me that the fans don't matter to CCS.  He wants them to show up.  But he doesn't want to let us know what is behind the suspensions (other than the team rules garbage).  He doesn't want to tell us anything on the radio show or at press conferences that any one couldn't guess he would say. 

IMO, it's none of our **** business what the suspensions are for, especially if it's team rules violations. Some coaches are more charismatic than others when it comes to stuff like that and CCS is definitely on the down side of fan friendly it appears. What matters, though, are W/L's (there may be some conversation on that somewhere here) and players graduating.

I may have said this earlier this year but he doesn't show up for the Iron Bull events yet asks us to show up for the games and give more money.  Part of the job is PR.  It just is.  If he doesn't like that then go back to being a coordinator.  

This is totally different from the above. IB's and the like are the spear point in the funding of a program and whether it's their cup of tea or not, it is definitely part of being a head coach at the college level.

19 minutes ago, Triple B said:

IMO, it's none of our **** business what the suspensions are for, especially if it's team rules violations. Some coaches are more charismatic than others when it comes to stuff like that and CCS is definitely on the down side of fan friendly it appears. What matters, though, are W/L's (there may be some conversation on that somewhere here) and players graduating.

This is totally different from the above. IB's and the like are the spear point in the funding of a program and whether it's their cup of tea or not, it is definitely part of being a head coach at the college level.

If you want your fans engaged it would help if the reason for kids coming and going were communicated IMO.  Maybe you don't care but I would love to know if it was for wearing an earring or murdering someone.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

My thoughts are that when asking a fan base to buy into what he (or any head coach for that matter) is trying to build or re-build, if he wants money and/or support, whether  in the form of donations or even season ticket sales, there has to be some sort of explanation about what is going on behind the scenes. 

There does not need to be any details regarding specific players or exactly what the violations were, but sure would be nice to understand what we are getting when asked to fork over $1,000 and upwards for season tickets or other donations. 

As CousinRickey said, selling and PR comes with the territory of a million dollar position. 

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

He’s a ****** fund raising coach

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

9 minutes ago, Skingraft said:

He’s a ****** fund raising coach

Luckily he makes it up in game day coaching and player management