• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

“Big Changes are Coming to USF Football”

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  1,166
  • Days Won:  3

1 minute ago, MaltLiquorBull said:

That's where I worry.  The "play not to lose" strategy comes from the top.  If we somehow put in a high powered offense, will we still punt on 4th and 1 when the game is on the line?  Take a knee before the half without taking a shot?  Them are head coach decisions.

Hopefully he would have more confidence in his offense if it was picking up large chunks of yards regularly and didn't have an OC that calls a run up the middle which everyone in the stadium knows is coming...

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

4 minutes ago, MaltLiquorBull said:

That's where I worry.  The "play not to lose" strategy comes from the top.  If we somehow put in a high powered offense, will we still punt on 4th and 1 when the game is on the line?  Take a knee before the half without taking a shot?  Them are head coach decisions.

Those type of decisions aren't made if you instill a high powered offense and open things up.  If they are made, then you didn't change your philosophy

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  21
  • Days Won:  0

44 minutes ago, IBulleve said:

He’s the CEO and he’s allowed his offense to be behind the 8 ball schematically for 2 years. How about kneeling on the ball before half and playing not to lose? Continuing to try and corner kick on kick offs knowing we kick it out of bounds like 50% of the time? Awful personnel decisions on his side of the ball. 

This is bigger than simply, “well he improved the defense.” He’s the CEO of the football program and many of his departments are failing

Not to mention, we are the 14th or 12th most penalized team in football (depending on whether total penalties or yards matters to you). That falls squarely on the coach's shoulders. 

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  3,233
  • Days Won:  8

"Big changes coming to USF football".

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

36 minutes ago, Hueyhog20 said:

Even if Strong comes out and “fixes” the offense, what about the sloppiness and lack of focus that we see on the field every week? That’s all on Strong and replacing some on his staff don’t fix it. 

same thing he went through at texas. he replaced both his offensive coordinator and defensive coordinator as well as many position coaches.

37 minutes ago, MaltLiquorBull said:

it's his mindset. he is a conservative defensive minded coach. not a big risk taker. should have known that when he said our gulf coast offense scored too quickly.

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,801

To me the penalties come from one of two things: 

1. Not being prepared which I don’t think is the case

2. Scared to make mistakes.

These kids don’t look like they are having fun. 

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

1 hour ago, BDYZR said:

I wonder who the new President will be?

I’m not sure but I’m sure it will be uninspiring, maybe try to drag Hitt out of retirement or something equally offensive.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  21

I truly hope that big changes really do come. Yes, Strong is a good guy, but he is not a great coach. He has never won anything, and his winning seasons at Louisville just happened to coincide with Lamar Jackson's tenure there, before he dashed off to sink Texas into the ground. If not for Q last season, he would probably barely be above .500 at USF. The team is playing uninspired football like they are just going through the motions to survive. And Strong is defensive-minded to a fault; he trusts his defense so much (why, I don't know) that he refuses to take any chances on offense (how many 4th and 1 punts against C?). Nothing can change with this uninspired coaching staff at the helm, especially when we are competing for recruits with a school 90 miles up the road who seems to just piss excellence. 

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, AstoriaBullsFan said:

I truly hope that big changes really do come. Yes, Strong is a good guy, but he is not a great coach. He has never won anything, and his winning seasons at Louisville just happened to coincide with Lamar Jackson's tenure there, before he dashed off to sink Texas into the ground. If not for Q last season, he would probably barely be above .500 at USF. The team is playing uninspired football like they are just going through the motions to survive. And Strong is defensive-minded to a fault; he trusts his defense so much (why, I don't know) that he refuses to take any chances on offense (how many 4th and 1 punts against C?). Nothing can change with this uninspired coaching staff at the helm, especially when we are competing for recruits with a school 90 miles up the road who seems to just piss excellence. 

I agree with everything except the Lamar Jackson part. It was Teddy Bridgewater and the only reason he got him and the other Miami 5 was because Clintt Hurt jumped from Miami to uofl just before sanctions for dirty recruiting hit. Clintt Hurt got a "show cause" penalty because he was a dirty recruiter.

• Upvote 2