• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

“Big Changes are Coming to USF Football”

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

1 minute ago, Bullrush33 said:

As stated this is a memorandum of understanding and not the actual legal contract. So there may be particular legal clauses not in this document.

I presumed that was the contract. I'd be interested to see the real thing.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  1,166
  • Days Won:  3

I’m fine with Strong staying as long as the offense gets overhauled. Special teams wasn’t as bad as last year other than our kicker. Defensively we should’ve known this was going to be a rebuilding year and last year our defense was pretty good. The offense is what has consistently frustrated me starting from the 1st game last year! 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,801
  • Days Won:  0

7 minutes ago, TExpress said:

I’m fine with Strong staying as long as the offense gets overhauled. Special teams wasn’t as bad as last year other than our kicker. Defensively we should’ve known this was going to be a rebuilding year and last year our defense was pretty good. The offense is what has consistently frustrated me starting from the 1st game last year! 

The only problem I have is Strong said he wanted to be lighter and faster. Then in the middle of the season states we are too small while not acknowledging his tactical error. Frustrating to say the least.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

2 hours ago, jjlovecub said:

Yeah - that article literally said nothing new. changes will happen at some point. When I saw the article last night I was really hoping he had intel - guess he had to put out something

At least the story didn’t have the other dreaded “the other shoe to drop” cliffhanger never to come about.

I kind of missed the big changes that are coming.  Anyone have any idea?  Care to speculate?

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

So the dream contract was actually an FU from Harlan on the way out the door. Great.

As for next season. I'd rather lose those first OOC games then run the table in the conference than go 7-0 and 0-5.

A statement from Charlie about how he realizes the offense isn't working and he is changing to an up tempo offence would go a long way right now. But he'll never be able to engage fans and donors like that. It's just not him.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

1 hour ago, Bull Dozer said:

Of course the buyout is jacked up in a way that doesn't favor USF, of course it is!   Jesus, we need somebody who understands good negotiation and knows how to deal with big time contract language because we always get taken to the cleaners when it's time to part ways.  

But Teump is too busy being President, maybe we can get them copies of The Art of the Deal. 

• Topic Count:  217
  • Content Count:  2,495
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, Bull Dozer said:

Of course the buyout is jacked up in a way that doesn't favor USF, of course it is!   Jesus, we need somebody who understands good negotiation and knows how to deal with big time contract language because we always get taken to the cleaners when it's time to part ways.  

Negotiations are a two way street. No highly regarded coach is going to agree to a low ball buyout. You can maybe get away with that with a young coordinator moving up the ladder, but not a guy who just got canned at Tejas.  

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,518
  • Days Won:  28

This article served absolutely no purpose. I'll wait until an actual change happen. 

• Topic Count:  129
  • Content Count:  3,114
  • Days Won:  7

11 minutes ago, Bulls Are We said:

Negotiations are a two way street. No highly regarded coach is going to agree to a low ball buyout. You can maybe get away with that with a young coordinator moving up the ladder, but not a guy who just got canned at Tejas.  

Except he's no longer the guy who got canned by Texas, he's now the guy who lost five straight to close the regular season at USF. 

I would argue there's leverage to renegotiate that buyout and a pay cut. 

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,215
  • Days Won:  1

59 minutes ago, TExpress said:

He’s the CEO and he’s allowed his offense to be behind the 8 ball schematically for 2 years. How about kneeling on the ball before half and playing not to lose? Continuing to try and corner kick on kick offs knowing we kick it out of bounds like 50% of the time? Awful personnel decisions on his side of the ball. 

This is bigger than simply, “well he improved the defense.” He’s the CEO of the football program and many of his departments are failing

• Upvote 1