• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

“Big Changes are Coming to USF Football”

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  273
  • Days Won:  2

6 minutes ago, El_Toro_86 said:

What position does Status Quo coach?

I was hoping it was Stong's middle name, but I looked it up and found out his middle name is Rene.

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

1 minute ago, tbulls said:

I was hoping it was Stong's middle name, but I looked it up and found out his middle name is Rene.

I thought you were joking, but that is in fact his middle name.

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

So what we learned in this article is people in charge like Strong and think he is a good man. I don't think anyone ever questioned his integrity. 

We also learned, according to this article, that there may or may not be changes coming at some point in the future, but probably not in time to impact next season because the AD needs time to think about things. 

Sounds like the author needs to go back to the couch and watch ladies Volleyball. 

• Topic Count:  179
  • Content Count:  3,647
  • Days Won:  4

Here is what I got from the article.

The entire program is going to be "examined". 

We may possibly fire some trainers, some film interns and the guys holding the first down chains.

Wow. 

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Of course the buyout is jacked up in a way that doesn't favor USF, of course it is!   Jesus, we need somebody who understands good negotiation and knows how to deal with big time contract language because we always get taken to the cleaners when it's time to part ways.  

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,709
  • Days Won:  23

here is the offer letter in this article. Not sure how we would be on the hook for millions if the contract reads similar.

https://www.wtsp.com/article/news/local/usf-to-pay-strong-98-million-plus-fun-perks/67-369340632

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  3,222
  • Days Won:  8

I really doubt this latest buyout revelation.  Seems too convenient to leak vague numbers this close to early signing period.  They know anybody they bring in wont outrecruit charlie in a short period of time so there is no reason to make a change yet. 

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,680
  • Days Won:  14

USF football is disappointing on so many levels. Even when things go well (e.g. during the back half of Taggart’s tenure), we lose the games that matter.

Administratively, we’ve convinced ourselves that the only way to succeed in football is for a million things to be just right. But all C. and many other schools have to do is fart a certain way and they win conference championships and NYD6 bowls. 

Now it seems pretty obvious to most people that the program is regressing and we will wait until it’s too late to make any significant changes, maybe because our prior AD whiffed on contractual guarantees, maybe because our new AD is too conservative. Maybe both.

I attended the first USF game as a student in 1997. I was part of the inaugural HOT band. I still go to games and follow the team even though it would be WAY easier to follow FSU or UF, where I attended for about as long as I did USF. I live in Tallahassee (though I’m not an FSU fan). My USF football allegiance is the quirky novelty at all the parties, I assure you.

But it’s getting late in the day and if USF wants to keep people like me interested in tickets and donations they need to figure this **** out and I mean fast. We won’t wait around forever. I probably will because I’m a sucker and I’m unusually committed to the school, but many (most?) of my peers are not as committed.

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

I don't see how the buyout can be construed to be millions:

http://www.documentcloud.org/documents/3237680-Charlie-Strong-s-USF-contract.html

Paragraph 8 clearly references Paragraph 3 which state a base salary of $500,000. The buyout amount based on 20 weeks would be $192,307.69.

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Days Won:  0

2 minutes ago, George Jenkins said:

I don't see how the buyout can be construed to be millions:

http://www.documentcloud.org/documents/3237680-Charlie-Strong-s-USF-contract.html

Paragraph 8 clearly references Paragraph 3 which state a base salary of $500,000. The buyout amount based on 20 weeks would be $192,307.69.

As stated this is a memorandum of understanding and not the actual legal contract. So there may be particular legal clauses not in this document.

• Upvote 1