• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

“Big Changes are Coming to USF Football”

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

1 minute ago, Gatorbull325 said:

This article served absolutely no purpose. I'll wait until an actual change happen. 

I knew that would be the case when I heard “Collin is going to write an article”, all sizzle and no steak. The Daily Stampede is just really long message board posts with less interesting things to say, less interaction and a touch more veiled “insider information” from unnamed sources.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

32 minutes ago, puc86 said:

But Teump is too busy being President, maybe we can get them copies of The Art of the Deal. 

Maybe USF can get a "small loan" from Trump's dad. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

1 minute ago, JTrue said:

Maybe USF can get a "small loan" from Trump's dad. 

Everyone paying to get out of the Beast gave us plenty of seed money, we do what we do best, squandered it.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  1,166
  • Days Won:  3

11 minutes ago, IBulleve said:

He’s the CEO and he’s allowed his offense to be behind the 8 ball schematically for 2 years. How about kneeling on the ball before half and playing not to lose? Continuing to try and corner kick on kick offs knowing we kick it out of bounds like 50% of the time? Awful personnel decisions on his side of the ball. 

This is bigger than simply, “well he improved the defense.” He’s the CEO of the football program and many of his departments are failing

Hopefully the past 5 games and him being on the hot seat are wake up calls...I personally would've enjoyed the past 2 seasons much more if we had something that resembled a balls to the wall offense, even if the results were the same as far as wins and losses. This conservative/vanilla offense is not fun to watch and I have not enjoyed watching many games the past two seasons. I've pretty much been overcome with frustration at some point every game knowing that we could be so much better. 

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

Is this the part where we hire Joe Kinnan?

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  715
  • Days Won:  0

Even if Strong comes out and “fixes” the offense, what about the sloppiness and lack of focus that we see on the field every week? That’s all on Strong and replacing some on his staff don’t fix it. 

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  1,166
  • Days Won:  3

1 minute ago, George Jenkins said:

Is this the part where we hire Joe Kinnan?

Wouldn't hurt! Plus TJ Weist!

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

12 minutes ago, TExpress said:

Hopefully the past 5 games and him being on the hot seat are wake up calls...I personally would've enjoyed the past 2 seasons much more if we had something that resembled a balls to the wall offense, even if the results were the same as far as wins and losses. This conservative/vanilla offense is not fun to watch and I have not enjoyed watching many games the past two seasons. I've pretty much been overcome with frustration at some point every game knowing that we could be so much better. 

He's never been anything but conservative/vanilla.  It would be a shock if he changed now, but who knows maybe that is the "big" change that will be coming

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,073
  • Days Won:  14

1 minute ago, Hueyhog20 said:

Even if Strong comes out and “fixes” the offense, what about the sloppiness and lack of focus that we see on the field every week? That’s all on Strong and replacing some on his staff don’t fix it. 

That's where I worry.  The "play not to lose" strategy comes from the top.  If we somehow put in a high powered offense, will we still punt on 4th and 1 when the game is on the line?  Take a knee before the half without taking a shot?  Them are head coach decisions.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,454
  • Days Won:  25

10 hours ago, Rex Havoc said:

Being a USF and Bucs fan is frustrating as all hell. It’s always wait until next year. Both make horrible personel decisions and squander any good talent they get. 

Again

10 hours ago, puc86 said:

This is what Collin thought it was important to come out of retirement for? Was there any info in the article? Anything?

See the above from Rex.

I wonder who the new President will be?