• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

“Big Changes are Coming to USF Football”

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  6,960
  • Days Won:  12

I have to think he is not willing to lose even more games next year. Despite everything, I have to imagine he is an incentivized as anyone to win here and win big. 

Put another way, kiss a bigger job goodbye if all you do is tank a stacked USF team. If he has half a brain cell he knows this and is looking to turn it around. 

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

6 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Charlie spoke to the team yesterday and took back his media comments. 

"Also heard he walked back his comments to the team in a meeting yesterday."

Loose lips sink ships. Time to plug the hole with whomever is talking to individuals not directly affiliated with the football team. No reason for anyone to be reporting what came from an internal meeting hours after it happened. If we truly are family inside the locker room, you don't let stuff about your family out.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,685
  • Days Won:  108

I didn't read the whole article until last night.  This line stood out to me:

"They also think his loyalty to the men he recruited to coach might have gone too far,...."

It sounds like he was not so worried about the Jrs and Srs on the team. That would cause you lose 1/2 the locker room.

• Topic Count:  84
  • Content Count:  1,180
  • Days Won:  1

7 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

I didn't read the whole article until last night.  This line stood out to me:

"They also think his loyalty to the men he recruited to coach might have gone too far,...."

It sounds like he was not so worried about the Jrs and Srs on the team. That would cause you lose 1/2 the locker room.

Think he was talking about the loyalty of the coaches, not the FR and SO. My take was loyalty in hiring coaches took precedence over hiring quality coaches.

• Upvote 2

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,587
  • Days Won:  423

17 hours ago, Brad said:

I think it was intended to be what was once referred to as a puff piece.

We should know by now that the only articles from there with substance and 100% accuracy begin with "BREAKING:"

• Haha 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,685
  • Days Won:  108

36 minutes ago, USF Bulls Football said:

Think he was talking about the loyalty of the coaches, not the FR and SO. My take was loyalty in hiring coaches took precedence over hiring quality coaches.

You could be right since it doesn't say young men.  

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  6,181
  • Days Won:  12

This is who we need as our head coach.

In one decade as a college coach, Spavital has worked a litany of future pro quarterbacks. As a graduate assistant, Spavital tutored Case Keenum at Houston and Brandon Weeden at Oklahoma State, then served as Geno Smith’s position coach at West Virginia. From there, Spavital worked with Johnny Manziel at Texas A&M, Davis Webb at California, and for the past two seasons has helped Will Grier throw for 7,354 yards and 71 touchdowns the past two seasons at West Virginia.

Edited by Rex Havoc
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

5 hours ago, The Sheriff said:

"Also heard he walked back his comments to the team in a meeting yesterday."

Loose lips sink ships. Time to plug the hole with whomever is talking to individuals not directly affiliated with the football team. No reason for anyone to be reporting what came from an internal meeting hours after it happened. If we truly are family inside the locker room, you don't let stuff about your family out.

Yea but siblings fight and when parents plays favorites it’s worse. String has had this rep for a while. We could’ve had more success this year, but he didn’t want to play guys that he didn’t recruit. Also he obviously didn’t care if the older guys continued to develop, or that’s at least how it looked on the field. You can’t have a coach that is willing to alienate half the **** team and plays stupid favoritism games. 

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,686
  • Days Won:  8

43 minutes ago, Rex Havoc said:

This is who we need as our head coach.

In one decade as a college coach, Spavital has worked a litany of future pro quarterbacks. As a graduate assistant, Spavital tutored Case Keenum at Houston and Brandon Weeden at Oklahoma State, then served as Geno Smith’s position coach at West Virginia. From there, Spavital worked with Johnny Manziel at Texas A&M, Davis Webb at California, and for the past two seasons has helped Will Grier throw for 7,354 yards and 71 touchdowns the past two seasons at West Virginia.

Texas A&M fans hate him. Don't think he's your guy.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,587
  • Days Won:  423

19 minutes ago, Roaming Bull said:

Yea but siblings fight and when parents plays favorites it’s worse. String has had this rep for a while. We could’ve had more success this year, but he didn’t want to play guys that he didn’t recruit.

Examples?