• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Charlie's tenure here....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

10 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

The crowd we hang with now...

4EB30ECD-5931-4630-847B-9BE7E317DBF2.png

The crowd you think we hang with ⬆️

The crowd we actually hang with ⬇️

popmatters-com-little-rascals.jpg

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,266
  • Days Won:  255

These are our new best friends that we hope blaze  a trail we can follow to the promise land 5, if you had told me they 14 years ago I probably would have punched you in the face.

88486D66-F7BA-4E40-9166-9AC69AF623D0.png

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

2 minutes ago, puc86 said:

These are our new best friends that we hope blaze  a trail we can follow to the promise land 5, if you had told me they 14 years ago I probably would have punched you in the face.

88486D66-F7BA-4E40-9166-9AC69AF623D0.png

latest?cb=20160905140910

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,327
  • Days Won:  1

3 hours ago, puc86 said:

I still think we are great but have sadly fallen on hard times and found ourselves in the wrong crowd. It’s hard to play with **** and not get some on you but I have to believe one day all this suffering will be worth it and we will be saved. What I can’t understand is the Stockholm syndrome some have developed for our captors, particularly for UCIf which we used to universally look down on and laugh at. Hopefully we will find our way back soon and can forget about our time here and that we ever associated with this rubbish, like being paroled from prison and not being sucked back in by the institutionalized folk.

I completely agree, however the past is the past and unfortunately I don't see a life without UCF anytime soon. Most (if not all) of the 2022 conference realignment projections have USF and UCF in the same conference. In my opinion, the only thing that could change this would be a major scandal at UCF (which I pray for every night) that sets their program back 10 years.

Edited by Justin C

• Topic Count:  155
  • Content Count:  5,249
  • Days Won:  2

On October 18, 2018 at 3:09 AM, USFBulls727 said:

Taking a closer look at Charlie's 16-2 record here....

* Our opponents combined record at the end of 2017: 64-85 (54-82 against FBS....Stony Brook went 10-3)

* Temple (7-6) UCF (13-0) & Houston (7-5) were the only FBS teams we played with winning records. We went 1-2 against them.

*  The rest of our 2017 opponents: SJ State (2-11) Illinois (2-10) Tulsa (2-10) ECU (3-9) Cincy (4-8) Tulane (5-7) UConn (3-9) Texas Tech (6-7)

* Of our opponents this year, only Elon has a winning record

I'm not on board with the "Fire Charlie" thing, but I'm also far from sold on him. 6-0 is great, but being one or two plays better than bad teams on multiple occasions is why there are some in here who have doubts about him. After UConn, which is about a sure a win as it gets, the last few games will probably be the toughest stretch he's had since he's been here, and we'll learn a little more about what kind of coach he is.

I can't help but compare us to the team in Orlando. There hasn't been much difference at all in the level of recruiting over the past few years between us and them, but there's a huge difference in what we see on the field. These teams that we are barely winning against (ECU, Tulsa, Illinois) get smoked by UCF without a doubt. Frost went 13-0 in his second year and won the conference. Huepel is unbeaten in his first year, and they have mostly looked good in doing it. Hard to tell, but we seem to have regressed a bit in year two with Strong (I could be wrong).

so what is the combined record of UCF's opponents the past 2 years?

I imagine it's a few games better than ours given the win over Auburn & of course the win over us last year, but they haven't exactly faced a gauntlet of powerhouse teams. outside of Auburn last year, their biggest win was against... us. (yes I know the win over Memphis in the AACCG was "bigger" given the implications but let's be real).

UCF is 127th out of the 129 FBS schools in strength of schedule this year. they play nobody OOC. Pitt is mediocre & even if UNC wasn't canceled it would still be a mediocre "P5" team. outside of that, they play the same unimpressive AAC teams we do.

much like USF, which was in the right place at the right time when the Big East expanded, UCF has peaked at the right time with the collapse of BE football & formation of the AAC. simultaneously USF was at its lowest point in program history with the Holtz New Error.

as a result, USF doesn't have the hardware in the trophy case that UCF does... but UCF never had to play WVU, Pitt, LVille, Rutgers, etc. on a weekly basis. as maligned as the Big East was, WVU was a championship contender. it was legit BCS/P5 competition every week. USF played relevant games throughout the season, they didn't roll thru the conference then play their lone marquee matchup in a bowl game at the end of the season.

USF put in the hard work with little reward. wins over FSU, Miami, Auburn, ND, Clemson... UCF is reaping much of the benefits of that work USF put in. credit to UCF, but would they be in this position without USF?

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286

1 hour ago, TRUTH D. Antagonist said:

so what is the combined record of UCF's opponents the past 2 years?

Similar schedule, but the "Points for/Points against" stat line looks a whole lot different..

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,215

On 10/19/2018 at 5:44 PM, Triple B said:

Just supports the old adage that you can almost always find numbers to support both sides of an argument if you look hard enough. The only numbers that really count, though, say he's 16-2, and and arguments can made that neither of those losses can be pinned on the offense.

You like that 1st & 25 Dive? Dudes trash 

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,645
  • Days Won:  424

36 minutes ago, IBulleve said:

You like that 1st & 25 Dive? Dudes trash 

LOL. Yeah this abomination so far is on the play calling.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Just now, Triple B said:

LOL. Yeah this abomination so far is on the play calling. /sarcasm

FIFY

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,215

3 hours ago, Triple B said:

LOL. Yeah this abomination so far is on the play calling.

If you don’t think this scheme as a whole is an issue at this point, idk what to tell you. Randy Edsall was more creative at getting his playmakers in space. Randy Edsall lmao