• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Charlie's tenure here....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

7 hours ago, USFBulls727 said:

The way this team consistently looks completely lost early in games, you'd think they don't watch game film of their opponents. Seems they are never prepared from the get-go, and the penalties seem to be something that the staff just can't correct. We will learn the truth about this team starting with Houston.

Yep.  These next 5 games will tell us a lot.

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  488
  • Days Won:  2

On 10/18/2018 at 9:33 AM, NewEnglandBull said:

So what do you want to do fire a coach who is winning, bringing in good recruits, graduating players, brings us media hits, etc. How about a little player responsibility sometimes. 

What the hell people! Did you not learn anything from the hiring of skippy??????

Unfortunately, so many here have not learned anything. They think a revolving door at head coach will get us to the promised land.

I am in the camp that fully supports CCS. I hope he’s here for 20 years. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, SpeedBull said:

Unfortunately, so many here have not learned anything. They think a revolving door at head coach will get us to the promised land.

I am in the camp that fully supports CCS. I hope he’s here for 20 years. 

I support CCS and I think most here do.  However, he needs to seriously look at the philosophy and coaching on the offensive side of the ball.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,080
  • Days Won:  39

2 minutes ago, El_Toro_86 said:

I support CCS and I think most here do.  However, he needs to seriously look at the philosophy and coaching on the offensive side of the ball.

Agreed.  I support CCS and realize this stuff takes time.  I am really surprised by the defense because that was supposed to be a strength.  I am sure he will recruit up.  The offense at least could be improved with some play calling because the players are electric.

1 minute ago, El_Toro_86 said:

I don’t disagree with this. I wouldn’t mind a more creative and balanced offensive attack. It seems like we are relying too heavily on hitting home run plays....fortunately we have been hitting a bunch this year.

• Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  1,700

4 minutes ago, El_Toro_86 said:

38 pts and over 600 yds of offense and we need to look at offense philosophy. How about not turn the ball over.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,080
  • Days Won:  39

2 minutes ago, mjadams said:

38 pts and over 600 yds of offense and we need to look at offense philosophy. How about not turn the ball over.

I think it more has to do with defense giving up big plays and offense looking flat in the first half.  A decent team could bury us quick.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

3 minutes ago, SpeedBull said:

I don’t disagree with this. I wouldn’t mind a more creative and balanced offensive attack. It seems like we are relying too heavily on hitting home run plays....fortunately we have been hitting a bunch this year.

we have been very lucky. it certainly isn't the creative call playing. just like Flowers bailed out the play calling last year for the most part. we are out athleteing teams. we are not out coaching them.

4 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

we have been very lucky. it certainly isn't the creative call playing. just like Flowers bailed out the play calling last year for the most part. we are out athleteing teams. we are not out coaching them.

This is one of the biggest reasons I love CCS. I’m beginning to think he may be the best recruiter we’ve ever had, including CJL and CWT.

We are absolutely stacked! So many freshmen that are making plays. I will take a great recruiter and average coach in college football over an average recruiter and great coach. (I’m not saying CCS is an average coach by the way, I think he’s better than that)

Talent is absolutely crucial.

11 minutes ago, mjadams said:

Yeah we put up over 600 yards offense but without the big play this offense bogs down.  Case in point is our poor red zone scoring percentage.