• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Charlie's tenure here....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

3 minutes ago, mjadams said:

38 pts and over 600 yds of offense and we need to look at offense philosophy. How about not turn the ball over.

you people need to stop harping on these stats as being evidence of good play calling. we hit a 75 yard TD pass that was a WR screen last night. we have had many big plays on basic play calls. Just because Cronkrite breaks off an 80 yard TD run on a between the tackles run doesn't mean it was a great play call. it's the athletes making something happen. when we run into a good defense(granted Im not sure we even play 1 decent defense this year-maybe Temple) we will be in trouble.

we didn't score a single point against the worst defense in all of college football last night until 2 minutes left in the first half.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,022
  • Days Won:  38

3 minutes ago, SpeedBull said:

This is one of the biggest reasons I love CCS. I’m beginning to think he may be the best recruiter we’ve ever had, including CJL and CWT.

We are absolutely stacked! So many freshmen that are making plays. I will take a great recruiter and average coach in college football over an average recruiter and great coach. (I’m not saying CCS is an average coach by the way, I think he’s better than that)

Talent is absolutely crucial.

Yep play calling can be fixed.  I have to believe we will shore up the defense also.  Recruiting talent seems to be awesome.  In the meantime, deciding to wait until the 2nd half to play is probably a bad idea and could cost the season here shortly.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

2 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

you people need to stop harping on these stats as being evidence of good play calling. we hit a 75 yard TD pass that was a WR screen last night. we have had many big plays on basic play calls. Just because Cronkrite breaks off an 80 yard TD run on a between the tackles run doesn't mean it was a great play call. it's the athletes making something happen. when we run into a good defense(granted Im not sure we even play 1 decent defense this year-maybe Temple) we will be in trouble.

we didn't score a single point against the worst defense in all of college football last night until 2 minutes left in the first half.

We have two running backs with break away speed.  You don't think calling plays that give them the ball, knowing that they could break one at any time, is good play calling?  i said it in other threads, just because you don't like the way it, "looks" doesn't mean it's not effective.  We had three turnovers and our defense was a sieve.  If it weren't for that, we would have scored 50.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

1 minute ago, Apis Bull said:

We have two running backs with break away speed.  You don't think calling plays that give them the ball, knowing that they could break one at any time, is good play calling?  i said it in other threads, just because you don't like the way it, "looks" doesn't mean it's not effective.  We had three turnovers and our defense was a sieve.  If it weren't for that, we would have scored 50.

we were lucky to put up 7 points in the first half against the worst defense in all of college football. Go ahead and think that has nothing to do with coaching.

calling run between the tackles almost exclusively is not good play calling. BTW if you have break away speed then they should be running outside the tackles primarily where their speed is utilized. between the tackles is for the bruisers for the most part.

• Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  1,699
  • Days Won:  2

28 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

we were lucky to put up 7 points in the first half against the worst defense in all of college football. Go ahead and think that has nothing to do with coaching.

calling run between the tackles almost exclusively is not good play calling. BTW if you have break away speed then they should be running outside the tackles primarily where their speed is utilized. between the tackles is for the bruisers for the most part.

Im not saying Im happy at all. The same great athletes that are making "plays" without so called great play calling also had three turnovers. Two in the first half. You cant say it all the players when they make plays and all coaches when they dont. I mean I guess you can but its silly.

I think I saw where 3 freshman started on the Oline last night.....

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 hour ago, El_Toro_86 said:

Yeah we put up over 600 yards offense but without the big play this offense bogs down.  Case in point is our poor red zone scoring percentage.

Red zone is also killing us on defense. We are letting in way too many TDs lately. But I degree...back to the poor red zone offense...

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,372
  • Days Won:  25

Teams easily run the ball against the 3-3-5 defense. Why have we not considered implementing a 3-4-4  or the basic 4-3-3 ? Clearly the middle and the outside edges are free for QBS and RBS to run up for big gains consistently? Also, our OLINE is terrible and we better hope they improve or Houston's d-line stays hurt.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,680
  • Days Won:  108

9 hours ago, hightechbull said:

Lets see.  Charlie has only lost 2 games but is not blowing out teams.  A win is a win is a win.  Just ask the 72 Dolphins.  They were undefeated (the only undefeated NFL team so far), and they had some ugly wins in that stretch.

I guess some people would want Leavitt back and we can be happy with 3-4 conference records and seasons with 8 wins at most.  🙄

Apples and oranges.  Do you really believe this team would be 7 - 0 playing the same teams that CJL's teams went 3 - 4 against?  Ray Rice would hang 300 yds on this team.  The Pat White and his gang WVU team?  500 yds rushing.  

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,022
  • Days Won:  38

1 minute ago, CousinRicky said:

Apples and oranges.  Do you really believe this team would be 7 - 0 playing the same teams that CJL's teams went 3 - 4 against?  Ray Rice would hang 300 yds on this team.  The Pat White and his gang WVU team?  500 yds rushing.  

This is true.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,372
  • Days Won:  25

1 minute ago, CousinRicky said:

Ray Rice, McCoy, Brown, Pat White Mike Bush,and Steve Slaton would be licking their chops to run against t his 3-3-5 defensive situation we have going on.