• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Charlie's tenure here....

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

On 10/18/2018 at 12:09 AM, USFBulls727 said:

Huepel is unbeaten in his first year

I'm still unsure what unbeaten really means at this level.

I like being 6-0, but I like it better when we're beating good teams.  For the most part, you have to go outside the conference to do that.

On 10/18/2018 at 5:56 AM, lotsofbull99 said:

CCS will never be as good as our first.

first time.jpg

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

5 hours ago, USFBulls727 said:

Yes, actually I did forget the 4-8 season. He sucked for 2.5 seasons, because we got off to a slow start in year three. It was the Syracuse game midway through year three where the change was made, and he never went back. Whatever his reason for changing, he did, and it worked. He also recruited his *** off here.

It’s ok, we tend to repress traumatic memories

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Brad said:

first time.jpg

That’s what she said 

10 minutes ago, Brad said:

I'm still unsure what unbeaten really means at this level.

I like being 6-0, but I like it better when we're beating good teams.  For the most part, you have to go outside the conference to do that.

The ooc schedules are like playing Russian roulette. Some seasons are great, and other seasons are not. Regardless we should demolish most of the teams in this conference year in and year out.

On 10/18/2018 at 8:48 PM, USFBulls727 said:

I don't think I have to name the big wins CJL had here. Charlie may go on to do the same, but there just isn't much to go on yet. Not sure why anybody would be sold on him at this point. It's just a fact that he's beaten a collection of bad teams (not in a very impressive fashion this year), and has done so-so against average to good teams. ...

Also not sure why anybody would want him fired. Nothing wrong with a 16-2 record, albeit one without a signature victory (3-4 GT? 7-6 Temple last year?) And as I mentioned before, his only two losses here could have easily been wins. Let's see what he's able to do with in the last six games this year where the schedule won't be quite as easy...

I can't argue this.  The schedule has not been much, but gets better.

There's a lot of marketing around the record, hoping it attracts newbs.  I still think that the attraction lies in beating good out of conference teams, especially when we're trapped in this conference.

Granted we've fallen a bit, but when UCF is considered the best team in the conference, you really need to think about exactly where we are and who our colleagues are.  Not popular to say, but it's pretty bad.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,640
  • Days Won:  424

3 minutes ago, Brad said:

Granted we've fallen a bit, but when UCF is considered the best team in the conference, you really need to think about exactly where we are and who our colleagues are.  Not popular to say, but it pretty bad.

No need for us to think about. Puc’s prime directive is to make sure we never forget where we are and who our colleagues are ....

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,266
  • Days Won:  255

5 minutes ago, Triple B said:

No need for us to think about. Puc’s prime directive is to make sure we never forget where we are and who our colleagues are ....

I still think we are great but have sadly fallen on hard times and found ourselves in the wrong crowd. It’s hard to play with **** and not get some on you but I have to believe one day all this suffering will be worth it and we will be saved. What I can’t understand is the Stockholm syndrome some have developed for our captors, particularly for UCIf which we used to universally look down on and laugh at. Hopefully we will find our way back soon and can forget about our time here and that we ever associated with this rubbish, like being paroled from prison and not being sucked back in by the institutionalized folk.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

15 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I still think we are great but have sadly fallen on hard times and found ourselves in the wrong crowd. It’s hard to play with **** and not get some on you but I have to believe one day all this suffering will be worth it and we will be saved. What I can’t understand is the Stockholm syndrome some have developed for our captors, particularly for UCIf which we used to universally look down on and laugh at. Hopefully we will find our way back soon and can forget about our time here and that we ever associated with this rubbish, like being paroled from prison and not being sucked back in by the institutionalized folk.

The crowd we hang with now...

4EB30ECD-5931-4630-847B-9BE7E317DBF2.png

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,266
  • Days Won:  255

Just now, NewEnglandBull said:

The crowd we hang with now...

4EB30ECD-5931-4630-847B-9BE7E317DBF2.png

Those guys look way cooler, I dream of a day when our AAC conference mates look like those guys.