• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Gilbert has to go

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  482
  • Days Won:  1

18 minutes ago, Roaming Bull said:

What do you mean we’re not world beaters? We’re over here screaming bring on Bama

:stirpot:

Oh those bunch of scrubs!!! Pssshhhh... I'm more worried about App St

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

Dear Coach Gilbert,

giphy.gif

Sincerely,

Bulls fans everywhere, expect Mike who loves these close games

PS: you can watch film from prior games, go back and watch them and clean this **** up already. Thanks 👉

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

57 minutes ago, 370Bull said:

Yes you are correct buuut this was freaking tulsa... not trying to say we are world beaters but come on. This whole game was hot garbage. I love my school and degrees but if I didn't go to USF I wouldn't stand this sloppy snorefest and would tune out.

You mean the Tulsa that almost beat #9 Texas?  Or was it the Tulsa that was up 9 points on Houston in the 4th quarter.  Which one?

Don't see barely beating Tulsa stopping Texas from being a top 10 team.

By the way, Gilbert's offenses consistently average about 500 yards per game and our #1 back is averaging over 150 yards a game, good for #3 in the country.  It's not a bad offense.  By any means. 

Heck, even in this bad performance, yardage was USF 487, Tulsa 299.

Edited by BullsFanInTX
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  3,233

You guys don't get it do you? This is already part of history. In fact there's a book out called; "Winning ugly, the Gilbert years."

P.S. I'm glad I missed the second half. 

Edited by Azmodi

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348

I guess Gilbert's offense puts up stats so it is hard to argue there, but sometimes his play calls based on the situation on the field really makes no sense. 

I thought the way the end of the first half was handled was horrible. No attempt to methodically move the ball down the field. Seemed like all or nothing. 

While we were struggling to move the ball he called nothing to spead the defense horizontally to help open some holes.  A few bubble screens maybe, but WR blocking on those have not been good this year. They seem to get blown up immediately. 

This offense struggles on 1st down and 3rd down. Seems like it is geared for the big play. Run into the line and hope Cronkrite breaks one or throw deep to the outside and hope for the best. I don't think Gilbert knows what a post pattern is because I don't recall any deep balls down the middle this year. 

It is frustrating, but does put stats up. 

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

My thought on the two point conversion. If he doesn't call the timeout, we score on the play that was originally called. Tyre McCants was lined up on the left side of the field with a receiver next to him and the entire offense was spread thinning out the defense. They were going to throw it to McCants behind the line and force Tulsa to bring him down with one of the two DB's on that side of the field. Barnett hustled back to the line - however Strong and company called the timeout vice allowing Barnett to execute the play with play clock approaching zero. Sucks... because it was the correct play call in my opinion. The subsequent play that got called... no clue... however it was a different alignment from the pre-timeout play. Just my take...

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  159
  • Days Won:  0

Two runs up the gut in a row. It's Gilbert's MO. The first run is normally good. The second run sniffed out from a mile away. Every time.

• Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  314
  • Days Won:  0

Inept and totally unimaginative.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

CCS has to be having a talk with him this morning...

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

Listening to the CCS presser, I think he’s fine with the constant runs up the middle, because he feels if you do it enough eventually Cronk will break one.  While that has been true against ECU, UMass Tulsa etc, it won’t fly against the teams on the back end of this schedule.  We must open things up.