• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Gilbert has to go

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Just now, Rex Havoc said:

True...just one more thing to add to practice this week. It seems we have a pretty long list of things to practice. 

I'd start with giving everyone on the team the week off except the offensive line. For fucks sake. We can all quibble over play calling, a player here, a player there, but they are ground zero for our problems.

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Just now, Justin C said:

Call me naive, but I get the feeling that CCS is in it for the long run. He's been to the programs and had big contracts, but apart of me wants to believe he's in it more than just the money. I truly believe that he is a man that wants to develop young men and to Future Leaders. Again, I could be naive, but I truly I think this is modus operandi.

I agree. But in the end, he gets paid to win football games. xCSH was a good guy and, by all accounts, before, during, and after his time at USF, developed good men. But you get your paycheck for winning football games. Right now, CCS has been delivering on the whole package.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  6,181
  • Days Won:  12

1 minute ago, JTrue said:

I'd start with giving everyone on the team the week off except the offensive line. For fucks sake. We can all quibble over play calling, a player here, a player there, but they are ground zero for our problems.

Oline is definitely the number 1 weakness on this team. They get pushed around every week. They are soft and have no nastiness. 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Just now, Rex Havoc said:

Oline is definitely the number 1 weakness on this team. They get pushed around every week. They are soft and have no nastiness. 

Yep, they play better in the 2nd half of games but they will be in trouble against Cincy and probably Temple unless they get it together

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  715
  • Days Won:  0

4 minutes ago, Justin C said:

Call me naive, but I get the feeling that CCS is in it for the long run. He's been to the big programs and had big contracts, but a part of me wants to believe he's in it more than just the money. I truly believe that he is a man that wants to develop young men in to Future Leaders. Again, I could be naive, but I truly I think this is his modus operandi.

Well if he sticks around and is really into us I’d respect him for it. I just don’t see it happening. He’s going to have a great resume after 2 seasons here and some P5 program will offer him $$$. Plus he’s known as a stable guy and some unstable program (UNC?) will want that personality.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,327
  • Days Won:  1

5 minutes ago, JTrue said:

I agree. But in the end, he gets paid to win football games. xCSH was a good guy and, by all accounts, before, during, and after his time at USF, developed good men. But you get your paycheck for winning football games. Right now, CCS has been delivering on the whole package.

I agree, but if you read this board you would think he is 0 - 6.  I just hope he sticks around LOL

1 minute ago, Hueyhog20 said:

Well if he sticks around and is really into us I’d respect him for it. I just don’t see it happening. He’s going to have a great resume after 2 seasons here and some P5 program will offer him $$$. Plus he’s known as a stable guy and some unstable program (UNC?) will want that personality.

So far it's working out pretty well for Scott Frost LOL

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

I get the feeling that Gilbert running the vanilla offense, and running it straight ahead so often is what Strong wants. This team can be explosive when it needs to...like vs. GT, or these late 4th quarter comebacks, but if the defense is holding up, we see the garbage, unimaginative offense. Charlie has been saying this since he got here. It might be that Gilbert has his hands tied...

https://www.thedailystampede.com/2016/12/22/14051144/usf-football-charlie-strong-gulf-coast-offense-pace-slow-down

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  488
  • Days Won:  2

55 minutes ago, Hueyhog20 said:

Gilbert will be gone after CCS is nabbed up by a P5 program this winter. 

Piss off. I’m so sick of this ***** ass, whiny, defeatest mentality. CCS isn’t going anywhere. Enjoy the win. Appreciate the toughness of the team. If you are rooting against the Bulls get the F off this board.

• Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  488
  • Days Won:  2

34 minutes ago, Justin C said:

Call me naive, but I get the feeling that CCS is in it for the long run. He's been to the big programs and had big contracts, but a part of me wants to believe he's in it more than just the money. I truly believe that he is a man that wants to develop young men in to Future Leaders. Again, I could be naive, but I truly I think this is his modus operandi.

You’re not naive. You have the mentality of a winner. You believe in the program. You have heart.

All of these whiny ass crybabies that are conceding that CCS is leaving are losers. They have a losing mentality. They have an inferiority complex. They are afraid of success. 

Props to you for having a set of balls and pride in our program. We need more of us.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  469
  • Content Count:  4,451
  • Days Won:  0

If CCS has two  consecutive 10+ win seasons with two bowl game wins...pretty sure some P5 school will throw some big cash at CCS where he can recruit FL..maybe like TN, SC, VA, NC,...GA Tech???