• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Gilbert has to go

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

2 minutes ago, Rex Havoc said:

From what I remember they had to call the timeout because they wasted time talking. Every team practices 2 minute offenses and 2 point conversion plays. Gilbert has to get the call in faster. 

I'll have to look too. I thought they got to the line and then called the TO. If it's what you said, then we're idiots. If it's what I said, we're also idiots. Just a different bunch.

Edited by JTrue

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  715
  • Days Won:  0

Just now, Justin C said:

But why would he leave for a mid tier power 5 team is the question? At this stage in his life do you think he really wants to relocate his family, again, to go to a mid-tier team and live a life of mediocrity? I could be wrong, and crazier things have happened, but I guess we will see....

Our conference is and always will be a stepping stone. Plus they will always have more $$ to offer any coach from any G5. Have you ever seen a coach in our conference, after multiple winning seasons, stick around for a long time? 

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  6,181
  • Days Won:  12

Just now, JTrue said:

I'll have to look too. I thought they got to the line and then called the TO. If it's what you said, then we're idiots. If it's why said, we're also idiots. Just a different bunch.

Yeah I may be wrong, but I think I remember Gilbert talking with Barnett for a while before making the call. Either way we shouldn’t have to burn a timeout to get a play called. 

Just now, Hueyhog20 said:

Our conference is and always will be a stepping stone. Plus they will always have more $$ to offer any coach from any G5. Have you ever seen a coach in our conference, after multiple winning seasons, stick around for a long time? 

There's only about 10 teams in all of the NCAA that aren't stepping stones. Anyone who wins at a school outside of the major $$$ schools, you're going to get poached. 

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  301
  • Days Won:  0

Agree. Gilbert was busy talking on the sideline. They should have their best 2 pt play at the ready. Gilbert failed. 

• Topic Count:  166
  • Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

Ugh our play calling is garbage. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Rex Havoc said:

Yeah I may be wrong, but I think I remember Gilbert talking with Barnett for a while before making the call. Either way we shouldn’t have to burn a timeout to get a play called. 

Could be. And this isn't to take blame off of our coaching staff, but even the time situation could have been, "Here's the play, you got it?" and BB saying, "Uh...no..." and screwing the play up. He's only been running the offense for a half a season. It's entirely possible he was to blame even with a perfect play call.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  6,181
  • Days Won:  12

1 minute ago, JTrue said:

Could be. And this isn't to take blame off of our coaching staff, but even the time situation could have been, "Here's the play, you got it?" and BB saying, "Uh...no..." and screwing the play up. He's only been running the offense for a half a season. It's entirely possible he was to blame even with a perfect play call.

True...just one more thing to add to practice this week. It seems we have a pretty long list of things to practice. 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Can’t see CCS getting many looks at 60 years old. Not saying it’s impossible but it is a long shot IMO..unless we do something crazy this year in terms of Conference Championship 

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,327
  • Days Won:  1

11 minutes ago, Hueyhog20 said:

Call me naive, but I get the feeling that CCS is in it for the long run. He's been to the big programs and had big contracts, but a part of me wants to believe he's in it more than just the money. I truly believe that he is a man that wants to develop young men in to Future Leaders. Again, I could be naive, but I truly I think this is his modus operandi.

Edited by Justin C