• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Barnett: Real Deal

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  953
  • Days Won:  6

9 hours ago, Triple B said:

As Q did on many occasions. What will separate BB from him will be the conference championship ... that you have guaranteed ... under penalty of death.

This is what I meant. I need to see it a few more times. Doesn't hurt that the skill positions keep getting better each year. You look like a God when receivers actually catch the balls you throw and players execute the plays that are called. We're slowly but surely becoming a well rounded mature program. 

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

33 minutes ago, TromBull12 said:

This is what I meant. I need to see it a few more times. Doesn't hurt that the skill positions keep getting better each year. You look like a God when receivers actually catch the balls you throw and players execute the plays that are called. We're slowly but surely becoming a well rounded mature program. 

Like those two perfectly thrown long balls that went through the WR hands? 

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

2 hours ago, TromBull12 said:

We had a problem with the drops going back to the Holtz days... It was  a really big deal under Willie... Charlie has cleaned that up.  You're not going to go every game without a drop... it's jst a fact.  OBJ has dropped passes.  But we not longer do it often and that's coaching guys up.  You can see Charlie has coached the team up... fewer penalties and fewer drops.  If also helps when a QB puts the ball where every catch isn't some acrobatic feat... nothing against the previous QB... I still love him.

Edited by Calibull
  • Like 1

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

Great game BB. Would appear this young man has been waiting/searching for a place to prove that he is the Quarterback he was meant to be and I for one,..am **** glad he's at USF. 

My concern?  Not his heart or ability. I worry about how much he can take physically. He is long and lean. He's a big target. He plays smart but he also will try to extend a play. I wish him many healthful seasons. 

We do need a qualified backup. One of those guys needs to be the man who can come in if need be and not miss a beat with the offense way way beyond a mop up role. There are 3 guys behind Barnett which one has similar skills? Which one is a true starting QB like BB? 

Amen

• Topic Count:  258
  • Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

Happy to root on this young man. Grounded and smart. Met his wife at the end of the game, a very nice & proud young lady. 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Hope he does not run as much as yesterday or it could be a short season for him. 

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  3,222
  • Days Won:  8

Barnett doesnt seem that lean.  We gotta stop worrying about stuff we can't control and enjoy the team.

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

Still too many drops yesterday on balls that should have been caught. I watched the A&M-Clemson game last night. You give Barnett A&M's receivers, he's in the Heisman talk already. Even the pick wasn't a bad ball - just a good read by the defender disguising his coverage. It could be worse though... he could have thrown three picks like the UCF QB that people claim is Heisman worthy. More #FakeNews coming from Orlando IMO. On a different note, our defense is as bad as it gets. Time to clean things up or any hope of a BCS bowl game is a pipe dream.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

10 minutes ago, The Sheriff said:

Still too many drops yesterday on balls that should have been caught. I watched the A&M-Clemson game last night. You give Barnett A&M's receivers, he's in the Heisman talk already. Even the pick wasn't a bad ball - just a good read by the defender disguising his coverage. It could be worse though... he could have thrown three picks like the UCF QB that people claim is Heisman worthy. More #FakeNews coming from Orlando IMO. On a different note, our defense is as bad as it gets. Time to clean things up or any hope of a BCS bowl game is a pipe dream.

This. Our D will probably be the reason why or why not we go to a NYD game. If they don’t play better we have no chance...and yes it is understood that GT had a unquie run heavy offense. 

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

Defense is going to need to get better...Strong is a good coach I think we see improvement.

We didnt have many drops vs Ellon so hope they just had a bad game.

Special teams is now so far this year not a liability but actually good so that makes up some for a defensive slide for now.  But I want to see defense improve and hope we stay healthy.