• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Barnett: Real Deal

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  111
  • Content Count:  2,016
  • Days Won:  0

A lot more pressure this week than last week but was still 67.7% on completions. I'm also impressed that he carried the team when it needed it. Playing in a G5 I'm not sure what his future holds but he is showing signs of challenging QF as best QB which helps this offense a lot. 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

He is the USF Football GOD!

Edited by NewEnglandBull
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,117
  • Days Won:  4

He missed a few early, and then really settled in as the game progressed. I'm very impressed with him too

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,705
  • Days Won:  3

Good yes, potential to be a goat yes, is he there yet? no, but we have a nice schedule to develop him. I still think we get his magic for 2 years. 

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

33 minutes ago, Buller64 said:

A lot more pressure this week than last week but was still 67.7% on completions. I'm also impressed that he carried the team when it needed it. Playing in a G5 I'm not sure what his future holds but he is showing signs of challenging QF as best QB which helps this offense a lot. 

G5 doesn't matter.  There have been a ton of successful QBs that are not from the P5.  A lot of first round draft picks actually.  Blake Barnett is going to be our highest drafted QB in school history.  He's going early... he's just getting better. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SpeedyBull said:

Good yes, potential to be a goat yes, is he there yet? no, but we have a nice schedule to develop him. I still think we get his magic for 2 years. 

Yes... this is the guy who I thought he'd develop into.  I still think we got a lottery ticket when we got him.  He's a GAMER... you can't coach that into a player and he's always had it.  Since he was out here in Corona 

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,705
  • Days Won:  3

Just now, Calibull said:

Yes... this is the guy who I thought he'd develop into.  I still think we got a lottery ticket when we got him.  He's a GAMER... you can't coach that into a player and he's always had it.  Since he was out here in Corona 

problem is QF followed by BB, Who's next? coach has a high bar to live up to. And I hope we do. 

• Topic Count:  129
  • Content Count:  3,114
  • Days Won:  7

1 minute ago, SpeedyBull said:

problem is QF followed by BB, Who's next? coach has a high bar to live up to. And I hope we do. 

Jordan McCloud apparently showed some good things in camp and he has two years to develop behind Barnett. We should be fine. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, SpeedyBull said:

Yeah he does... but so far so good.  He's also the man that gave us Teddy Bridgewater.  He knows how to manage and find these guys.  More importantly he knows how to develop them.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,031
  • Days Won:  38

17 minutes ago, Catsdontpaytaxes said:

He in no way will challenge QF as the 'best quarterback' in school history. However he is the best pure passer and he could easily be a second or third round pick, if not late-first.

With that arm and a championship he could challenge for sure.