• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Barnett: Real Deal

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  953
  • Days Won:  6

I've enjoyed watching him ball. I need more than two games before I crown him king. That interception was ugly and put us in that 3 point hole we kept fighting to get out of. Aside from that he was great. I look forward to more moments with him that'll put him in the same class with Julmiste, Grothe, Daniels, and my personal goat Flowers.

He's a good game manager and opportunistic. I want to see if he can will the team to victory. If he can put the team on his back and carry them to victory. Is he durable? Not at all trying to jinx us, I'm just saying I'm am just as happy as the next guy but I want more. 

• Content Count:  1,294
  • Days Won:  0

12 minutes ago, TromBull12 said:

I've enjoyed watching him ball. I need more than two games before I crown him king. That interception was ugly and put us in that 3 point hole we kept fighting to get out of. Aside from that he was great. I look forward to more moments with him that'll put him in the same class with Julmiste, Grothe, Daniels, and my personal goat Flowers.

He's a good game manager and opportunistic. I want to see if he can will the team to victory. If he can put the team on his back and carry them to victory. Is he durable? Not at all trying to jinx us, I'm just saying I'm am just as happy as the next guy but I want more. 

Agree on all fronts except...Julmiste?!

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

21 minutes ago, TromBull12 said:

Pretty much put the team on his back in the 4th quarter 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,673
  • Days Won:  424

13 minutes ago, Calibull said:

Pretty much put the team on his back in the 4th quarter 

As Q did on many occasions. What will separate BB from him will be the conference championship ... that you have guaranteed ... under penalty of death.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

1 minute ago, Triple B said:

As Q did on many occasions. What will separate BB from him will be the conference championship ... that you have guaranteed ... under penalty of death.

:smileys-money-702364: we are so money :04-rock:

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,673
  • Days Won:  424

1 minute ago, Calibull said:

:smileys-money-702364: we are so money :04-rock:

Looking good so far ...

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  488
  • Days Won:  2

3 hours ago, michibull said:

I respect your opinion, but we will have to agree to disagree. The fact that you have to specify a "college" quarterback tells me that there are "special" exceptions you are willing to make to the general criteria of a great quarterback. 

The simple fact of the matter, is that in college, you can have a great athlete play quarterback and be successful; but, it still doesn't make them great quarterbacks.

I understand your position...and yes, I made the distinction of “college” quarterback intentionally. The college game is different than the pro game so a kid can be a great college QB and not a great pro QB....in fact MOST great college QBs don’t make great pro QBs. 

The question is whether or not BB will go down as a better Bulls QB than QF. 

Honestly, I love QF and Grothe but I hope the answer is YES!

That will mean that BB took the program to the next level. A conference championship and/or a major bowl win. USF is such a young program that we will have a lot of GOATS in our future.

Whether it’s college or pro, QBs are rated on one thing....WINNING. 

Dan Marino is never in the discussion for greatest QB ever because he didn’t win a Super Bowl.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,705
  • Days Won:  3

13 hours ago, Catsdontpaytaxes said:

He in no way will challenge QF as the 'best quarterback' in school history. However he is the best pure passer and he could easily be a second or third round pick, if not late-first.

Here is an outlandish scenario: He runs the table back to back, still not goat? 

If he takes us to the conference championship, and wins, let alone does it twice he will definitely be at the top of the heap. Long mountain to climb I know. 

• Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  685
  • Days Won:  2

11 hours ago, Brad said:

That could stick.

Student section was chanting it every time he made a play haha 

• Content Count:  953
  • Days Won:  6

10 hours ago, NovaBull said:

Agree on all fronts except...Julmiste?!

Outside of my knowledge base obviously lol. I think I meant to say Marquel Blackwell. Matt Grothe was my first QB so anything before that is knowledge gained from the bulls pen. I just know the was a really good QB some time before Grothe.