• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Emphasis on South Florida over USF

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  684
  • Days Won:  2

I have seen this debate appear in multiple topics over the last couple of weeks since the new jerseys were released, but it looks like CCS wants to put an emphasis on being known as "South Florida" over USF. 

There will be new football uniforms for USF this season. One of three versions is green and gold. Nothing new there. But the head coach is focused on its new twist: "South Florida" spelled out on the front of the jersey. The same goes for his players.

"The only thing they're concerned about is the 'South Florida' across the chest," Charlie Strong said. "I want people to know who we are when we walk out and play."

The idea was reinforced in the offseason.

"People think UCF," Strong said. " 'Hey, aren't you on that team that went undefeated?' A lady in Atlanta asked us that. I told her no, we weren't that team."

Full article here: http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/bulls/2018/08/12/usf-football-wants-success-with-no-mistaken-identity/

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,554
  • Days Won:  28

lol CCS is funny. Im all for it. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,749
  • Content Count:  37,657
  • Days Won:  29

I understand ... I want to be the undefeated team! 

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,466
  • Days Won:  25

Coach speak or not the best quote in the article

"What people need to realize is that I'm not here to run out," Strong said. "People think I'm going to run out. Once people see I'm here to run this program, we can build on it. I want to be here. I really am happy to be here."

GO BULLS!

• Upvote 4

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,465
  • Days Won:  19

I know Jim Leavitt thought the same, he always preferred South Florida over USF. 

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

It really is the best way to distinguish us from the clowns in Orlando.  Might as well embrace it.  

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  3,352
  • Days Won:  5

I always tell people I went to the University of South Florida, rarely if ever USF. I like it .

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

But the media guide!

• Haha 2

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

2 hours ago, TheAccountant said:

I have seen this debate appear in multiple topics over the last couple of weeks since the new jerseys were released, but it looks like CCS wants to put an emphasis on being known as "South Florida" over USF. 

Full article here: http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/bulls/2018/08/12/usf-football-wants-success-with-no-mistaken-identity/

How many times have we been watching a game where the commentators refer to us as UCF? Too many times over the years. When we're playing them they sometimes get very screwed up. So, South Florida good idea. Only the folks who live in Florida know that we're only kinda-sorta in S.Florida. Northern folks think Florida is all the south so that works. Plus it coincides with a good cheer....SOUTH FLORIDA SOUTH FLORIDA GOOOOOO BULLS! ****, I shoulda been a cheer leader....

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  45
  • Days Won:  2

6 minutes ago, BulledOver said:

How many times have we been watching a game where the commentators refer to us as UCF? Too many times over the years. When we're playing them they sometimes get very screwed up. So, South Florida good idea. Only the folks who live in Florida know that we're only kinda-sorta in S.Florida. Northern folks think Florida is all the south so that works. Plus it coincides with a good cheer....SOUTH FLORIDA SOUTH FLORIDA GOOOOOO BULLS! ****, I shoulda been a cheer leader....

It's never too late to be what you want to be. How about 10/31/18?! Post a pic!!!

• Haha 2