• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Emphasis on South Florida over USF

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,703
  • Days Won:  108

6 minutes ago, BulledOver said:

How many times have we been watching a game where the commentators refer to us as UCF? Too many times over the years. When we're playing them they sometimes get very screwed up. So, South Florida good idea. Only the folks who live in Florida know that we're only kinda-sorta in S.Florida. Northern folks think Florida is all the south so that works. Plus it coincides with a good cheer....SOUTH FLORIDA SOUTH FLORIDA GOOOOOO BULLS! ****, I shoulda been a cheer leader....

So does that mean we can't chant U-S-F, U-S-F?  Going to have to have more cheerleaders to hold up the S O U T H F L O R I D A cards instead of U S F.  This would add to our actual attendance if all the new cheer people scan their student cards when they come in.

• Haha 2

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Ok, I like the concept “South Florida” on the jerseys relative to distinguishing us. But again, if I wear this up here people will not identify it with a school, they will say I went somewhere on vacation in Florida. 

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

2 hours ago, BDYZR said:

Coach speak or not the best quote in the article

"What people need to realize is that I'm not here to run out," Strong said. "People think I'm going to run out. Once people see I'm here to run this program, we can build on it. I want to be here. I really am happy to be here."

GO BULLS!

Don't you just hope that CSS is the real deal? He's on the fast track to 60. He's enjoyed his greatest success as an asst. coach besides Louisville/Bridgewater U. Maybe he looks around after his Texas chainsaw massacre episode and thinks...you know this is a pretty great place to live. I (CSS) could take this university to the next level make them a champion build myself a legacy here at South Florida. Hey, CSS are you reading this??       Tampa Bay Area/ Florida has the talent that's been proven. USF needs coaching continuity, marketing, " big thinkers", no scandals. It can't be done half-ass, partway. The administration, alumni, students, community, business need to be all in. CSS, I for one am glad your at U of South Florida. Now go kick some ass.....Go Bull's! 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

So does that mean we can't chant U-S-F, U-S-F?  Going to have to have more cheerleaders to hold up the S O U T H F L O R I D A cards instead of U S F.  This would add to our actual attendance if all the new cheer people scan their student cards when they come in.

Always USF USF because that is normally accompanied by crazies out fan frenzy.....

Crazied...! Not crazies...hate spell check.    But you get the jest.

7 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

UNIVERSITY OF SOUTH FLORIDA...23?  Then if you have GO...?  Cost of cards alone will prob cancel the practice facilty$$$

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,322
  • Days Won:  2

8 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

We've never had an issue saying our war chant.  It's funny how many people were opposed to South Florida vs. USF but have no problem saying "S-O-U-T-H F-L-O-R-I-D-A SOUTH FLORIDA SOUTH FLORIDA GO BULLS" every time we score a touchdown. I'm sure U-S-F will still work out just as well, too.

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,322
  • Days Won:  2

2 hours ago, BDYZR said:

Coach speak or not the best quote in the article

"What people need to realize is that I'm not here to run out," Strong said. "People think I'm going to run out. Once people see I'm here to run this program, we can build on it. I want to be here. I really am happy to be here."

GO BULLS!

We've had coaches beat around the bush and say things similar, but not as explicit as this, to cover themselves until the next best thing comes calling .  It sounds like he really does want to stay and build up the program.  If this turns out to be more than just words, that really is a program changing comment. 

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  1,731
  • Days Won:  0

8 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Ok, I like the concept “South Florida” on the jerseys relative to distinguishing us. But again, if I wear this up here people will not identify it with a school, they will say I went somewhere on vacation in Florida. 

That is a downside. Up here in Maryland I wonder how often people equate my University of South Florida t-shirts to some sort of "University of Margaritaville" souvenir. Not that any of them would know what USF stands for either. 

• Upvote 2

Planning on it. Cheerleader? Just don't have the legs for it anymore plus tough to do the splits with this hip replacement and...other assorted anatomical gear...but, were planning on getting to TPA for the Halloween I-4 beatin were going to lay on the Natl Champs....

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1