• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Emphasis on South Florida over USF

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Emphasis should be on winning rather than losing. 

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  356
  • Days Won:  0

3 minutes ago, Bausfkid said:

I'm not sure people in NJ and NY understand there is life outside the Hudson River.  I don't hold them to a very high standard.  Except you of course.

I'm from Long Island.  LI people typically recognize Long Island and NYC.  Everything else is likely farm land!

I work for J&J in Titusville, NJ, so I now relate to the Philly folks!

1 minute ago, CousinRicky said:

Are you in Long Valley as in Washington Twp?  Pretty part of the state.

Yes!  I moved here about seven years ago.  Very nice town, but a little slower than NY.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

3 hours ago, BulledOver said:

Don't you just hope that CSS is the real deal? He's on the fast track to 60. He's enjoyed his greatest success as an asst. coach besides Louisville/Bridgewater U. Maybe he looks around after his Texas chainsaw massacre episode and thinks...you know this is a pretty great place to live. I (CSS) could take this university to the next level make them a champion build myself a legacy here at South Florida. Hey, CSS are you reading this??       Tampa Bay Area/ Florida has the talent that's been proven. USF needs coaching continuity, marketing, " big thinkers", no scandals. It can't be done half-ass, partway. The administration, alumni, students, community, business need to be all in. CSS, I for one am glad your at U of South Florida. Now go kick some ass.....Go Bull's! 

So it's a knock on him that his two best years in his nine years as head coach came with a first round pick under center and his other best year came with the greatest player in USF history as his QB?

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,556
  • Days Won:  28

22 minutes ago, JTrue said:

So it's a knock on him that his two best years in his nine years as head coach came with a first round pick under center and his other best year came with the greatest player in USF history as his QB?

Most coaches have success with a "good" or "great" QB. So why is that a knock om him? When have you ever seen a coach win with a bad QB? lol And even if the qb is avg, they probably had a great defense or running back. 

Edited by Gatorbull325
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  2,696
  • Content Count:  6,928
  • Days Won:  0

4 hours ago, Mike Stuben said:

I know Jim Leavitt thought the same, he always preferred South Florida over USF. 

Funny Thing. My Diploma says "University of South Florida".........

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

11 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

Most coaches have success with a "good" or "great" QB. So why is that a knock om him? When have you ever seen a coach win with a bad QB? lol And even if the qb is avg, they probably had a great defense or running back. 

Exactly. 

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

2 hours ago, charsibb said:

Who be CSS?

You mean CCS?

Oh yeah make fun of the dyslexic old guy...well at least the old guy fits. I type so fast sometimes the smoke obscures the keys. CCS I got it now.

Man this is a tough crowd. charsibb, you aren't Sister Mary Jean from my school days are you??

CSS- see you knew who I meant prob the reference to Louisville, Texas dead giveaways 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,706
  • Days Won:  108

1 hour ago, NJUSFBULL said:

I'm from Long Island.  LI people typically recognize Long Island and NYC.  Everything else is likely farm land!

I work for J&J in Titusville, NJ, so I now relate to the Philly folks!

Yes!  I moved here about seven years ago.  Very nice town, but a little slower than NY.

Do they still have the canoe rental place along the river.  We've been gone since 2002 so have no clue if that business lasted.

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

1 hour ago, JTrue said:

Stay calm, No knock intended at all. I thought Teddy Bridgewater was great. I'm glad we have Charlie Strong as our coach.

Disclaimer: My posts should be analyzed with fun and frivolity in mind. I doubt you will ever see me get on here and be all negative what's the point? I'm not a negative blogger. This is the only blog I even get near only because I'm proud of being a USF grad TBP keeps me connected and some folks are a hoot to read... 

As for CCS success with QF? Just wonderful. We all got to be warm, fuzzy and proud with Mr. Flowers around. Hoping we just keep continuing an upward trend year after year. 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 hour ago, TyBull said:

Funny Thing. My Diploma says "University of South Florida".........

But that is different when trying to nationally market an athletic program.