• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Worst Feeling 9 and 1 Ever?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  217
  • Content Count:  2,495
  • Days Won:  1

11-2 last year, returning 16 starters, with this schedule.  Anything less than winning the conference would be disappointing.  Expectations are a b****.  

Edited by Bulls Are We

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

9-2 and an invite to the Bad Boy Mowers Bowl to play FIU will be the icing on the 2017 turd cake served up by CCS

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

10 minutes ago, El_Toro_86 said:

9-2 and an invite to the Bad Boy Mowers Bowl to play FIU will be the icing on the 2017 turd cake served up by CCS

Not sure why you keep thinking we are going to that bowl...possible? Yes....Likely....no. 

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,455
  • Days Won:  25

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Definitely not feeling too inspired by the 9-1 performance as weird as that is to say.  With that said getting to 10-1 next week and all is forgiven.  There's no excuses for the players or coaches next week.  No more pointing to stats, no more time to master the offense, no more "were saving X for later in the season",  either the team wins next week or they have failed to reach their goal.  I'm holding out hope because CCS and company need that W to get the jobs they really want (I'm not convinced he's happy here) and the players know that with out a win the goal they've had since they stepped foot on campus is unreachable.  All is forgiven if they win, this was a wasted season if they lose.   

Edited by Bull Dozer
  • Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,539
  • Days Won:  423

I'll be honest, I'm feeling pretty good about all this. How many times have we thought football was on the edge of doing some great things only to eventually come crashing down? I'm assuming UCF will be a fairly large favorite going into this game, at least they should be, no matter what happens with Temple. All the talk will be about them and how we've underachieved ... at 9-1... and non USF fans will be even tougher on us. It's one game and anything can happen in one game.

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286

36 minutes ago, El_Toro_86 said:

I was thinking that we might want to add the Shula Bowl to this week's "Games of Interest" thread. 

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  953

The bottom line is that we should have gone undefeated. There is no excuses for doing otherwise. Even if we beat Mickey Mouse U and win the conference, it's still a what could have been. A one loss group of 5 team does not move the needle like an undefeated team. We had one of the weakest schedules and the most talented team in school history and we still didn't get it done. I can't help but feel like this season is a giant kick in the nuts. Unlike in 2007 when ESPN and the officials robbed us of the Rutgers game (which started the 3 game slide), this was our own doing. I love USF, but unless they win out and win the Peach Bowl, this season is just another, "same old USF" season. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 4

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,461
  • Days Won:  13

5 minutes ago, michibull said:

The bottom line is that we should have gone undefeated. There is no excuses for doing otherwise. Even if we beat Mickey Mouse U and win the conference, it's still a what could have been. A one loss group of 5 team does not move the needle like an undefeated team. We had one of the weakest schedules and the most talented team in school history and we still didn't get it done. I can't help but feel like this season is a giant kick in the nuts. Unlike in 2007 when ESPN and the officials robbed us of the Rutgers game (which started the 3 game slide), this was our own doing. I love USF, but unless they win out and win the Peach Bowl, this season is just another, "same old USF" season. 

I would have to disagree. If this team (they won't) beats UCF and wins the conference it is a great season regardless of what happens at the Peach Bowl. Winning that would be icing on the cake. Now 9-2 with losses to the only teams with a pulse on our schedule is absolute trash. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  348
  • Days Won:  0

24 minutes ago, Triple B said:

I'll be honest, I'm feeling pretty good about all this. How many times have we thought football was on the edge of doing some great things only to eventually come crashing down? I'm assuming UCF will be a fairly large favorite going into this game, at least they should be, no matter what happens with Temple. All the talk will be about them and how we've underachieved ... at 9-1... and non USF fans will be even tougher on us. It's one game and anything can happen in one game.

They'll be 7/8ish pt favorites. Not that farfetched at all for us to win. Everyone needs to relax.