• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Worst Feeling 9 and 1 Ever?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Can't believe how dissatisfied I am 

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

I guess you are correct... on the other hand, it's also the best feeling 9-1 ever!!!! When there's only 1 in your history, it covers a broad spectrum of emotions.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  217
  • Content Count:  2,495
  • Days Won:  1

You'll be feeling worse at 9-2.  Trust me. 

There is still a chance to make this season everything we hoped it would be.  11-1 and all will be forgiven.  :GoBulls:

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Content Count:  613
  • Days Won:  2

That is just how i felt last night and i keep thinking what is wrong with me.

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  1,486
  • Days Won:  0

I'm bummed because I now realize it will take a near perfect game by the Bulls to win in Orlando, which we haven't seen all season.  It's still possible.

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,681
  • Days Won:  8

Turnovers killed us we were rather lucky to win considering the low quality of play in quarters 2,3 and 4.

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  1,728

I think most of us long-time Bulls fans feel the same way. It is hard to describe actually. I'm sure the FSU and UF fans are feeling dissatisfied this year too, but the difference between them and Bulls fans is that they know that their future seasons will be better. We, on the other hand, all recognize from past experience (NCAA basketball tournament 20 year gap for example) that our opportunities for great seasons only come along every decade or two. When it appears that the team is set up for one of those rare great seasons, nothing short of that is satisfying to true fans like us. Even though we are 9-1 (stupid 4th & 24!) us Bulls Are We types tend to default to our normal expectations and start to see the real possibility (probability?) of not getting to enjoy a "great" season (i.e. AAC championship, big-time bowl game). Performances like last night's last 3 quarters only reinforce those feelings of here we go again... another USF "what could have been."

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

1 minute ago, James Gaddis said:

I think most of us long-time Bulls fans feel the same way. It is hard to describe actually. I'm sure the FSU and UF fans are feeling dissatisfied this year too, but the difference between them and Bulls fans is that they know that their future seasons will be better. We, on the other hand, all recognize from past experience (NCAA basketball tournament 20 year gap for example) that our opportunities for great seasons only come along every decade or two. When it appears that the team is set up for one of those rare great seasons, nothing short of that is satisfying to true fans like us. Even though we are 9-1 (stupid 4th & 24!) us Bulls Are We types tend to default to our normal expectations and start to see the real possibility (probability?) of not getting to enjoy a "great" season (i.e. AAC championship, big-time bowl game). Performances like last night's last 3 quarters only reinforce those feelings of here we go again... another USF "what could have been."

Knowing it doesn't make it true.  Florida hasn't been good for a while.

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  1,728

1 minute ago, Apis Bull said:

Knowing it doesn't make it true.  Florida hasn't been good for a while.

True. But "knowing" it does affect their outlook as fans in a positive way. Just like Bulls fans "knowing" we won't be this good again for a long time affects our outlook as fans in a negative way. I for one hope UF, FSU, Miami, and Orlando U. are terrible every season for the rest of my life and that all the Florida 4 and 5 stars come to USF instead, but I think we all "know" that isn't happening. 🤘

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

I think next season's team is going to surprise a lot of people.  I know what we lose, but I still think we'll be good, just different.

• Upvote 1